Welcome to PatsFans.com

What a total fraud

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

This is what I mean about her being the most disengenuous, fony, finger in the wind politician out there. What a fraud.

This is today with a Northerly wind.

Clinton Says No to Licenses for Illegals

Nov 14, 5:26 PM (ET)

By DEVLIN BARRETT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday came out against granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, after weeks of pressure in the presidential race to take a position on a now-failed ID plan from her home state governor.

Clinton has faced criticism from candidates in both parties for her noncommittal answers on New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer's attempt to allow illegal immigrants in his state to receive driver's licenses. Spitzer abandoned the effort Wednesday.

"I support Governor Spitzer's decision today to withdraw his proposal," Clinton said in a statement. "As president, I will not support driver's licenses for undocumented people and will press for comprehensive immigration reform that deals with all of the issues around illegal immigration including border security and fixing our broken system."

Clinton stumbled when asked about the issue during a Democratic debate two weeks ago, and her new position comes the day before another debate where opponents are expected to raise the issue again.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071114/D8STND5O0.html
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

This was last week with the wind blowing toward the East.

November 5, 2007

Clinton 'broadly supports' states' efforts to license illegals

CLINTON, Iowa (CNN) — Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-New York, Sunday sought to further clarify her position on New York Gov. Elliot Spitzer’s controversial plan to give driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants, a position which she said she’s already made clear on “a number of occasions.”

The issue was brought front and center at Tuesday night’s Democratic debate. At the time Clinton said the plan “makes a lot of sense" but stopped short of endorsing it. Former Sen. John Edwards, D-North Carolina, claimed her answer was inconsistent and Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, has since said that her answer to that question and others “left us wondering.”

Asked by reporters Sunday why it’s taken so long for clarification Clinton admitted she “wasn’t as clear as [she] should have been” but added, “I broadly support what governors like Elliot Spitzer are trying to do.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...-supports-states-efforts-to-license-illegals/
  3. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

Well, I guess the day after the debate the wind was blowing East too.

Clinton backs N.Y. driver's license plan for illegal immigrants

Tries to steady her stance after debate stumble

By Sasha Issenberg, Globe Staff | November 1, 2007

Hillary Clinton came out yesterday in support of a plan by Governor Eliot Spitzer of New York to offer limited driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, after she appeared tripped up by a question on the subject in Tuesday night's Democratic debate.

"Senator Clinton supports governors like Governor Spitzer who believe they need such a measure to deal with the crisis caused by this administration's failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform," her campaign said in a statement. "As president, her goal will be to pass comprehensive immigration reform that would make this unnecessary."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a..._drivers_license_plan_for_illegal_immigrants/
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

All she's said was that her view is contingent on the federal situation, but obviously that wasn't good enough for some people. When she's president, she'll support legislation that makes the issue of driver's licenses moot, but in the meantime she supports "governors like Governor Spitzer who believe they need such a measure to deal with the crisis caused by this administration's failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform." We're in a soundbite society. If a candidate answer a complex issue using more than four words, it confuses people.

But, this is good practice for her. Especially in the general election, she's going to have to talk in soundbites like it or not. Reagan and Clinton were great at doing that, and even Bush II isn't bad at it. Kerry was dreadful at it, and Gore was pretty bad too.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +454 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

At least Republicans admit when their candidate sucks.
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

Their candidates are worse than the Democratic ones, that's for sure, but the Democratic ones aren't so hot either. Hillary is pure professional politician. Obama is another Kerry, way too serious. Edwards has a weak presentation. Hillary's a awfully good candidate, but that doesn't mean she's a good person. It just means that she has the best political skills of the lot. She's sort of a Tom Brady, but Republicans still have the Bill Belichick in Karl Rove, someone I admire even more than I despise.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No they're not!
    Both parties (or the "Party" - republicrats), like the last election, have given us what amounts to the most intellectually lazy and least courageous candidates again! They have done it for the previous two elections.

Comparing Tom Brady to Clinton and Bill to Rove is...is....I can't find the words.......
  8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +93 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

BLASPHEMY..................:bricks:
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

I meant in terms of political skills, nothing more. At least in the Democratic Party, Hillary has done an outstanding job at building an organization, building a base, and presenting an image. If the only idea is to win, then Hillary is like Tom Brady and Rove is like Bill Belichick. But, I do a agree with you absolutely that if the idea is to educate, then none of these candidates are good.
  10. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'd have to say that they are different, but I know what you mean. They are mostly all cut from the same, awful, political mold.

Your boy Ron Paul is making quite the stir though eh?
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is one of those "wink and a nod" issues for Hillary. She knows she'll get creamed nationally for supporting the illegal agenda, so she pretends to have a strong stance against it... but her supporters know it's just for show, and the illegals know that in order for them to get what they want, they just need to lie low for the time being.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

A Clinton is a Clinton, immorality and dishonesty flows through their veins like water, people laugh at her and treat her like she was some kind of joke but Pant Suit Hillary is a very dangerous person, she is far worse than John Fonda Kerry when it comes to lying, back stabbing and dishonesty.

Pant Suit is the closest thing we have today to the "Anti Christ"

BEWARE AMERICA the wicked witch of the west is just getting warmed up.
    :bricks:
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +454 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Just admit that she totally blew it; like we admit that Bush spends too much, Romney's a flip flopper and Giuliani is barely Republican.

For the love of God, man, stop :(
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, the reasonable some 5% of the 24% do, yes... the rest? nope... lock stock and barrell along company lines...
  15. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

HAHAHA!!!
    Does that make moveon.org Randy Moss and George Bush Robert kraft?
    :singing: :singing: :bricks:
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

Diet pepsi just came flying out of my nose. :rofl:
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yes, he is.
    Question is, will the MSM let him in. We'll see where they put him on the stage. Maybe they'll let him move more to the middle and address him more than twice in the next debate.

I've had a sign on the tree for months now and three more on my street have them now.
    There's a guy in Leicester, MA who has a body shop on Rt 9. It's a white conderblock building and he painted the whole side with a giant version of the campaign sign. He's very pupolar out here Westa Wistah.

People...don't be afraid to vote your conscience, whatever it is. The two party system is broken and can't be fixed. How long will you live the lie that the dems are liberal and the reps are conservative? Neither one gives a damn about America or Americans. They think the country runs on campaign donations and soundbites. They are selling us down the river. Jump out now.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  18. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I've seen his signs cropping up all around here too (seacoast NH). I like Ron, but he comes off a tad nuts and I'm not a huge fan of some of his foreign policy stances. But I think he would do a lot of the stuff he says that he would.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

He's unelectable because of a lot of his views. He comes across as nuts to too many people. I like the framework of some of his proposals though. I love his desire to eliminate the department of education, and the income tax. We can dream can't we....:mad:
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Nuts? You mean like this?:
    [​IMG]
    OR THIS?:
    [​IMG]

OR THIS?:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007