Welcome to PatsFans.com

What a surprise: Obama smeared again on Fox

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jun 26, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Obama Smeared As Terrorist Again On Fox News »

This past weekend, Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) delivered a speech commemorating the 50th anniversary of his Protestant denomination, the United Church of Christ. In the speech, Obama argued that faith in the United States has been “hijacked” by “the so-called leaders of the Christian Right, all too eager to exploit what divides us.”

Last night on Fox’s Hannity and Colmes, right-wing pundit Ann Coulter responded to Obama’s comments by implicating him as a terrorist. Coulter remarked, “Anyone named B. Hussein Obama should not use the words ‘hijack’ and ‘religion’ in the same sentence.” Host Sean Hannity added that Obama’s remarks were part of a “black separatist agenda.”

2. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obama and Osama...similar names... a coincidence?...I think not.

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

really? well that's brilliant... i see no emote or anything suggesting you're kidding... so, i'm gonna haveta call you on it...

tell us all, what is non-coincidental about it?

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Ann Coulter said it. She's a douchebag. She's on Hardball right now, and it's the most I've listened to her in 6 years, and guess what, now I know why. She's still a douchebag.

5. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Oh, and Obama is right.

6. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

'tis true....look into it.

And to add to this forum....go Pats!

7. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

She may be a douchebag, but I'll say this, the woman makes me laugh. Also I love the fact that she doesn't apologize for some of her ridiculous statements. Not that I agree with her all the time, I just love her no-holds barred style.

8. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

well, as a Democrat and a Evangelical Christian im in an interesting situation here. I really have no use for Ann Coulter and never did, she is pretty horrible.

But Obama is starting to get on my nerves. He says he wants to bring America together and that the Christian Right are all too eager to divide us.
    But what does he do? He claims American faith has been hijacked. Really? Who keeps him from having Faith? He's doing is own divisive behavior by tearing after the Christian Right to score in Democratic Primaries.

Hillary is looking more and more like the candidate i'll end up supporting, although I could support Edwards as well.

Obama and his 2 whole years in the Senate make me nervous. There is more to being President than just charisma and Oprah endorsing you.

9. Phokus

Phokus Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It sure is funny when she makes fun of Elizabeth Edwards' dead son! WHAT A GUT LAUGH! <puke>

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

what's true? what are you trying to say? why is it not a coincidence that their names are similar?

11. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

maybe, just maybe, Bin Ladin came to this country, shaved off the beard, went to a tanning booth, went back in time and married a beautiful black woman, went forward in time again with her and became a Senator!!!!!!:D

12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +204 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Run for your lives! It's Fox News!

So much Fox News smear going on. I'll bet most people hate it because of what blogs and half reported stories like the one you posted are what they base it on. They are to the right of other TV news networks.....so? Coulter can be a wack job for sure and Hannity is the lefts version of Olberman. Both are unreasonably biased. What about Alan Colmes? Colmes is a celebrated and respected liberal. I guarantee you Colmes had a lot to say against what Coulter said. No quotes highlighted from him. Why? Is it because you slant the news worse than the network you are acusing of doing that? Do you only want to put out half the story? That's not what they do on Hannity and Colmes. They usually have a couple of guests, one from the right and one from the left. That way you get input from both sides. That's why its "fair and balanced" they say " we report, you decide" It's not "left wing blogger reports half the story so he decides for you." Who here really watches all the networks news programs? Who gets their opinions from from right or left wing blogs? Look, Fox News has it's right wing bias, but they are not as biased as many of the people that complain about them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

The Left Wing Isn't Running The Media Show Anymore And It's Driving Them Insane.

The New People (Talk Radio, Internet, Bloggers, Fox) Are All Saying Things The Liberals Don't Want You To Hear And They Can't Handle It

They're Shocked
    :singing: :singing:

14. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

I believe she was mocking Edwards for exploiting his sons death for political purposes.

15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +695 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Waaaaaa, we need the fairness doctrine back. Waaaaaaa.

16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +695 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I don't think any of us like Coulter - but do Republicans need to start a thread every time a news channel is mean to Bush ?

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

She also said "It's to bad the Muslim Terrorists didn't kill Edwards on 9/11", when she said this she was Mocking all the Left Wing Liberals that were saying the same thing about Cheney when he was in Afganistan.

There were left wing American newspapers that were running cartoons of Cheney being beheaded.

GO GET EM ANN, YOU DRIVE THEM NUTS.
    :bricks:

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

I'm not a fan of extremists, and idiots like Odorman, Rush, Coulter, etc...but I've said time and time again that my disdain for those people does not mean that they can't make a good point on occassion. I saw her on Hardball last night, and she made some basic points that were ok, but overall, she's a douchebag.

BTW, Mathews totally sand bagged her by having Elizabeth Edwards call in. I thought that was a little below the belt. I've personally never seen him sand bag anyone like that before. Where I will give her credit, is she constantly refered to Dems/left as "your side" when talking to Mathews. He's center, to center left, which I like. He's not an extremist.

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Yes, that's why she was saying that. It was a scumbag thing to say from both sides. Hoping someone like that was killed in an attack is dispicable. That's why I hate extremists. They incite emotions and anger, and do more to destroy than they do to aid.