PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a surprise, here comes Borges with the negative spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that Polian is going to try to come up with a rule that "coaches of the Pro Bowl can not sign a player he coaches," just knowing what a cry baby the guy is I sure he is pissed that AD is with the Pats. ;)

Think for a minute, Polian would never propose that rule. It will hurt the Colts.

We've all said it before and I even hate to even read him again but I read his article figuring maybe he'd have to at least back-pedal from the "Pats are cheap" mantra today. Now he seems to be saying the Pats overspent and took a big risk. That said, with Borges' track record Thomas will probably end up being Defensive Player of the Year.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/03/04/more_of_the_same/?page=1

On a similar note: Hey Mikey, does this mean they ARE trying to put weapons on the team for Brady now? Or haven't they signed 12 WRs so they are still cheap?

Borges is a pathetic, wretched human being whose only reason to live comes from the fact that he knows every logical, moderately-intelligent Patriots fans hates his guts. For some reason, being hated makes him happy and is probably the only thing staving off this guy from killing himself or at least turning into a belligerent drunk. Don't bother reading him.

Borges is a pathetic, wretched human being whose only reason to live comes from the fact that he knows every logical, moderately-intelligent Patriots fans hates his guts. For some reason, being hated makes him happy and is probably the only thing staving off this guy from killing himself or at least turning into a belligerent drunk. Don't bother reading him.

Maybe that's what we should be doing. Instead of asking for Ron's dismissal from the Globe, maybe we should be writing letters to the Globe that are concerned for his well being, and that we collectively feel that he needs to go into rehab. Or at least in for some mental evaluations. Anyone who gets their kicks by driving a collection of fans nuts has some serious issues that need to be addressed.

I didn't read this article, because I refuse to click on his links. Did he mention anything about the Welker offer?

I imagine his reaction is/will be very predictable--Pats wouldn't sign Branch (or Givens), but are willing to give up a 2nd rounder and loads of cash for Wes Welker. What a joke.

Funny how he quotes an AFC North Executive (Ozzie Newsome? Another Ravens Exec?) who says Graham buried Thomas in a game in 2004 (NE won 24-3), then the same AFC North Executive goes on to extol the virtues of Terrel Suggs. In that game Suggs had 4 tackles and no assists and Thomas had 5 tackles and 1 assist.

One game 3 years ago does not tell you how good a player is today.

If Suggs was so great against the run why was he mostly playing weak side linebacker? That makes no sense to me. The SAM comments were also bogus if taken in isolation; how many times was Thomas double teamed - which often happens at the point of attack on strong side runs? If you get double teamed by the FB/TE or T/TE, you usually get buried in the NFL but it releases someone else (Ray Lewis?) to move to the ball and make the tackle.

I think this story is crap - the principal reason the Ravens didn't tag him is that they don't have that much room under the cap.

Thomas has speed, versatility and an excellent work ethic. I love this signing.

200 bucks says he made up or embelished the quotes from the other NFL personnel guy. A 100 more says if he didn't the source was Polian.

He acts as if finding a jealous FO person from an inferior team to say something negative about the Pats is "investigative reporting". Let there be no mistake, the rest of the GM's are wetting their pants this morning.
As for Polian, I think the article said it was a AFC North exec. to me that means it was a Raven FO person covering their arse because they allowed one of their chief rivals for the 07 AFCC to get a lot stronger, while at the same time getting weaker themselves.

Maybe that's what we should be doing. Instead of asking for Ron's dismissal from the Globe, maybe we should be writing letters to the Globe that are concerned for his well being, and that we collectively feel that he needs to go into rehab. Or at least in for some mental evaluations. Anyone who gets their kicks by driving a collection of fans nuts has some serious issues that need to be addressed.

I almost feel bad [for Borges] when I look at Borges. There's something off about the guy, you can tell. He's a pretty messed up guy.

It's just as best to ignore him completely I think. I don't read his articles anymore.

Last edited:
If that article hadn't been printed in the Globe under Ron Borges name, it would have been a post on Jets Insider message board.

I'm surprised he didn't say that Joey Porter would have been better.:eek:

They're talking about Borges article right now on WEEI and linking the Fri article he wrote in favor of Thomas, too funny!!!

They're talking about Borges article right now on WEEI and linking the Fri article he wrote in favor of Thomas, too funny!!!
Yeah I heard it too. :D

I was going to post that under the caption, "Borges is skeptical so this Thomas must be a great signing"... this from the guy who wanted Terrell Davis over Richard Seymour... who criticized the hiring of BB. What a freaking tool, his venom for BB clouds any objectivity he could ever have for this team.
I think the better caption would be, "Doubting Thomas". ;)

You can always count on Borges to pee on the Patriots parade. Like the grinch, it makes him miserable to see the citizens of Whoville (read Patriots Nation) happy.

Heck....good times to see Borges scuttle around like a ****roach in a dance studio.

Every king needs a jester....BB has his too. Long live/write Ron Borges!

If that were only true. As someone else here already mentioned, I too was expecting a GREAT read today, but as I sat down with my coffee instead I get some hockey crap, and Borges as basically the SOLE coverage (with a back page mini-article by Reiss?!?!

This was perhaps the most exciting important off-season day in Patriots history!!!!

Where was the "Pats go Wild in Free Agency" headline, the full page spread listing the new guys, their history, player stats, and all that? Where were the photos of each addition? Where was the historical look at Pats off-season moves up to now? Was this the most aggressive year in history?

If you want to have a "Don't get too excited" spin article in the midst of all of that, well then it's ok. But when the jester is the only coverage, it's clear the entire focus of the paper is to downplay the move.

This goes beyond Borges. You have to wonder if someone higher up at the Globe didn't want the Pats and football "gettin' to uppity" (don't them Pats know their place is not to upstage baseball and the Red Sox? :rolleyes:)

I sent an email to their editor. My subscription is canceled as of today.

Wow....the Sunday Globe, opened it up hoping for Pats articles after lots of FA activity. After a quick scan. We have our pathetic Borges article, an article on the Bruins on the front page, an article about Jonathon Papelbon, a Celts article and another Bruins one.

Wtf. Nice Newspaper. Who gives a **** about the Bruins.

That's OK. I flipped on EEI yesterday in the car, hoping to catch a little talk about the Pats free agent moves. They were doing an all-day marathon of Jason Varetec talk. Great. Just want I want to hear...sports talk about a catcher with a career .240 batting average. Just shoot me now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey