Welcome to PatsFans.com

What a surprise, here comes Borges with the negative spin.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsRI, Mar 4, 2007.

1. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We've all said it before and I even hate to even read him again but I read his article figuring maybe he'd have to at least back-pedal from the "Pats are cheap" mantra today. Now he seems to be saying the Pats overspent and took a big risk. That said, with Borges' track record Thomas will probably end up being Defensive Player of the Year.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/03/04/more_of_the_same/?page=1

On a similar note: Hey Mikey, does this mean they ARE trying to put weapons on the team for Brady now? Or haven't they signed 12 WRs so they are still cheap?
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -13

What I love is that the best example he could come up with is a game where Graham destroyed Thomas.

Yeah, like the Pats didn't properly take that set of issues into consideration ...
  3. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It is amazing isn't it. Borges seems so desperate here. So hopeful this is a bad move he reaches for whatever he can find to make it so. To borrow a line from Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. Borges is a rat. His whole family is rats. 200 bucks says he made up or embelished the quotes from the other NFL personnel guy. A 100 more says if he didn't the source was Polian.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

I was going to post that under the caption, "Borges is skeptical so this Thomas must be a great signing"... this from the guy who wanted Terrell Davis over Richard Seymour... who criticized the hiring of BB. What a freaking tool, his venom for BB clouds any objectivity he could ever have for this team.
  5. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Hall of Fame malcontent Ron Borges.
  6. mcsully

mcsully Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

Borges is still trying to recover from his prediction of the Rams and Pats SB :)

Billicheck and Pioli have an eye for talent, especially when it comes to the defense..

Plus Graham crushed a lot of LBer's.. So I'm not worried. He'll be a beast
  7. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

He's a walking talking advertisement for seratonin medications

It must be awful to be that depressed all the time.
  8. Don Kipines

Don Kipines Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I hate Borges more than anyone, but I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about this signing. You really never know with Ravens players. A lot of them turned out to be not that special when they were let go. The one thing that Borges doesn't take into consideration here is that even if Thomas doesn't turn out to be Lawrence Taylor, he's still clearly a better than average player, and we were short of the Super Bowl by about one better-than-average player on defense this year. Is he worth 10 million a year? Maybe not in a vacuum, but in this case, maybe he is.
  9. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 8 / -1

Me thinks you mean David Terrell - wr - Michigan. All-time bust.
    Not Terrell Davis - RB - Denver. Hall of famer.
  10. WTE

WTE Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Borges quotes an annonymous AFC North "Executive" who says Belichick fell in love with AD at the Pro Bowl.

Right. Like Belichick never saw enough film from Adalius before to properly gauge his value but determined he was terrific by the way he was stretching in Honolulu.

This so-called "Executive" is probably a Vice-President of Paper Clips and Stamps.
  11. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Borges is truly pathetic! So transparent at this point, is his need, above all else, to be contrarian. Polian is as good a guess as any to his unnamed NFL executive, who's personnel skills we're to believe are so much better than BB and Pioli's! New England deserves so much better than this wannabe!!!
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Attributed to early morning fog & rage over this tool.
  13. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Yeah and Borges would be typing up another negative article if the Pats had done the opposite and allowed players to leave and not sign anybody.
  14. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The funny thing is had the Pats sat around and done nothing in FA Borges would have been ripping them.
  15. QuickOutGo

QuickOutGo Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That's exactly what I was thinking. If the Pats had been in the running for Thomas, but had ultimately lost out to a team who offered more, Borges would be killing them for being cheap.

By the way, it's funny how when he's talking about past/present Patriots defensive players (Seymour, Samuel, McGinest, etc.) it's the players who make the system great. Now, with Thomas, it's the Baltimore system which made the player great.
  16. Pats67

Pats67 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Gee, I wonder what happened between the time Ron posted this to MSNBC Friday and the time he posted his Globe article this morning:

17. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -0

What's interesting to me about this article is "AFC North" executive saying that BB fell in love with Thomas at the Pro Bowl... chances are that gave Thomas a good chance to know that he would like playing for BB as well

Ironic in that if BB doesn't coach the pro bowl we don't get AD. So you gotta wonder how many SB Rings we'll have in the future for missing out on one this year.
  18. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Please don't confuse us with facts and examples of Borges's duplicity!:eek:
  19. Pats67

Pats67 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thanks to my friend Moe, here's a tidbit from a February 2 Globe chat:

Hmmm. No mention of Ed Hartwell and how Thomas is just a system player.

Of course, Ron thought for years that another Thomas - Brady - was a system player too. He finally had to ditch that.
  20. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is exactly a case of "I will write a cautionary article on Adalius Thomas. If he succeeds, everyone will forget that I wrote the article. If he fails however, I will now have an article that I can shove at BB's face everytime and I say I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO".

Pretty self servicing article.