PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a pathetic, sad, hopeless performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would have lost this game even if Brady was playing, all he can do is throw it to the receiver, if Moss & Co. have butter-fingers the offense can't do anything. Matt Light has been a consistent weak link on the O-line, the defensive ends loop right around him to the QB, this has been happening more and more since the 2nd half of last season. 2 fumbles resulted from this nonsense.

Special teams are aweful, in addition to the fumble by Slater they have up major yardage on punt returns, they're not bringing the other team's players down. I don't need to go into how the Defense has been bad.

This is not Patriot's football, they looked like an inept college team.

i don't know what to say any more. I can't believe it. We played so horibly that i stopped listening to radio on the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:
Cassel had 4 turnovers today.

But come on guys, don't blame it on him.

Cassel had 4 turnovers today.

But come on guys, don't blame it on him.
2 which were the direct result of blindside strip sacks, and another tipped pass.

1 turnover was directly responsible with a poor throw, the other 3 were 2 on Light and 1 on Watson (albeit an OK but not fantastic throw).

Ever considered it's been a while since he played in the wet?

season if your hope is the super bowl is just about over.

Nope. Hope for the SB were over in week 1, the fact they are getting this close to the playoffs (and have a decent shot at them even now) is a pretty positive thing for fans. Or should be.

I think we bottomed out as a team today. The defense is too old and slow. THe OL needs work. THe Turnovers, the dropped passes.

Like I say, this is not our year to compete for anything significant. I'm kinda surprised we are still in the playoff hunt (but then again there are a lot of awful teams out there this year).

Oh please.. your probably the same person that defended the defense.. the defense put Cassel in bad spots.. and Moss drops did not help... But Matt Cassel did not play a great game.. The team is not going anywhere with this defense..

You do remember that this is our back-up quarterback facing the absolute #1 pass defense in the league, right? Or did that factoid just fly through one ear and out the other. Brady probably would have thrown a pick or two in this game.

You guys should be fine-reading comments by your players...it's obvious they continue to hold each other accountable, etc, etc. The coaches and players will learn from this.

Seriously-keep your heads up-there's ONE LONG month to go. You should be fine when all is said and done.

Last edited:
The whole team should be ashamed.

Can't agree. Kevin Faulk and Mike Vrabel came to play. They were about the only ones, though.

Man i feel bad for anyone who wasted the entire day yesterday getting to foxboro and sitting in cold rain all night while watching the end of the patriots season.

I stopped listening to the radio on 3rd quarter and I nearly threw my radio on the ground because of poor and pathetic performance.

Good lord, can we please ban Wendel? Cassel has two 400+ yard 3 TD games in a row and Wendel is nowhere to be found to talk about Cassel (nevermind eating crow). The second Cassel has two fumbles forced by sacks and a tipped pass resulting in an INT, Wendel is in here crowing about how he told all of us Cassel sucks. This guy is a TROLL, pure and simple. His comments are TROLL-like in that they are meant to provoke reaction. He was wrong, failed to admit it, and is now back on the board full force trolling without consequence.

The game wasnt nearly as bad as the score indicated. The weather played a huge factor in this game and favored the steelers D big time.

Its funny that over the last couple years the patriots homefield advantage in december really affects that offense.

Moss didnt play well and everyone was having trouble catching the ball. It was just a game set up for the Steelers.

The pats can still make the playoffs if they win the division. yesterdays game that the jets played proved it to me. The might lose to the dolphins or the bills, but the dolphins wont win out. The pats can.

I don't know about pathetic, sad, and hopeless, the adjective I would use would be frustrating. I would save the pathetic, sad, hopeless for the lions.

Frustrating when WRs drop passes

Frustrating when the DE seems to stop 3rd and 3 better than 3rd and 10+

Frustrating when you blow a TD and then blow the Field Goal you settled for

Frustrating when in the rain the OC calls pass on 2nd and one in iffy field goal range.

and after all that happened you still had a chance and frustrating to watch fumble after fumble

Very frustrating to watch our team blow a season that we thought was over when Brady went down but could have been saved by Cassel.

Win as a team, lose as a team...

Miss a short FG
Throw 2 picks
Let rushers blow by OLT for not one, but 2 strip sacks
Drop a TD pass and drop 2 long gainers
Questionable calls by Josh McD
Drop a KR inside the 20
Poor coverage of enemy WRs on long obvious passing downs
No meaningfull pass rush pressure forcing Big Ben to make mistakes
Sub-par ST kick coverage

Patriots are nothing if not a TEAM!

Last edited:
Again this loss was not all on Matt Cassel... But Tom Brady wins this game folks.. The Defense let the team down in the second half.. and at the end of the first half.

WHAT???? exactly how does Tom Brady win this game? the defense was HORRIBLE. Special teams HORRIBLE. Receivers HORRIBLE. OL HORRIBLE. Even Gostkowski missed an chip shot.

Cassel was not good, but he was NOT the major reason and Brady , who, by the way, has lost football games before, would have lost yesterday too.

Man i feel bad for anyone who wasted the entire day yesterday getting to foxboro and sitting in cold rain all night while watching the end of the patriots season.

Patriots real season ended when Brady went down. I mean they've done pretty well, played some decent games but every time they come up against better than average teams they get shafted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye