PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a pathetic performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree totally. Brady is a primary reason for the Pats poor offensive showing today and it's because he refuses to simply take the short stuff AND is obsessed with going long to Moss even if the coverage is there. This will cost us dearly in the playoffs if he doesn't stop it.

The other thing that will cost us dearly in the playoffs is the UNIMAGINATIVE and IDIOTIC playcalling. This Pats O is incredibly predictable which is why average to good defenses can stop us.

This game demonstrates two things clearly

1. Pats is NOT the greatest offense ever.

2. Brady is NOT the best QB ever or even currently. That title clearly belongs to Manning who performs well against good defenses (see Baltimore)

One positive thing from this game is that the defense played much better against the run (even though it was against the Jets). The secondary is still terrible and there were too many missed tackles up front but it's better than the last two weeks.

This may be the worst post of the year....did you even watch the game....the Patriots were playing close to the vest not only because of the weather but because they didn't want to give anything away for the playoffs, which is what they do every year. I expect to see this run heavy offense next week against Miami as well, and probably another low scoring game thats the Patriots control from start to finish. Why open up your offense on a crappy weather day against a team with no offense who kept running into themselves. When the Jets got within one score that's when the Pats went deep and opened it, for that one series and it was enough. This was a practice game warm up for the playoffs, I would not base my judgment of this team, their offense and their quartback on this game, that would be ignorant and stupid, just like the overreaction in this post.

I'm a Patriots fan and I really don't care how they beat the other opponent...win by 3, by 25, or by 1...a win is a win. But for a Patriots fan to post some thread like this is ridiculous.

Please stop whining, *****ing, and crying how that Patriots performances. You can't expect a team to play flawless every single week. Please get that in your head and appreciates every game that Patriots have won thus far.

Look around the entire league in the NFL, how many team outhere playing like the Patriots??? ZERO, NONE, ZIP. They won every week, what the in hell else do you expect to play?

Please take a second and look how many team dying to make to the playoffs but can't?? and the Pats is 14-0 and have homefield throughout...You can't get any better that!!!

The D played well(against a ***** Jets offense), but I still think this team reaches it's dominant form when the offense is clicking. That's what I would love to see when the playoffs start. This game wasn't won with textbook football, we didn't control this game - we blocked a punt and returned an INT(basically kicked two FG's on offense) - I classify those types of scores as much ***** luck as anything - kind of why I thought the Bears of last season were a season long fluke. Listen, this team has been awesome this year and every team has an off week, but if you can tell me you're not going to get a little more nervous in the playoffs when we have a home game in bad conditions against teams like Jacksonville, SD, or Indy, you're lying. I'm almost thinking I would rather play on a neutral site in a dome than at home in the snow if you want to see this team at it's best.

Let's just kick the Dolphins @ss next week - I'll feel a lot better.

The D played well(against a ***** Jets offense), but I still think this team reaches it's dominant form when the offense is clicking. That's what I would love to see when the playoffs start. This game wasn't won with textbook football, we didn't control this game - we blocked a punt and returned an INT(basically kicked two FG's on offense) - I classify those types of scores as much ***** luck as anything - kind of why I thought the Bears of last season were a season long fluke. Listen, this team has been awesome this year and every team has an off week, but if you can tell me you're not going to get a little more nervous in the playoffs when we have a home game in bad conditions against teams like Jacksonville, SD, or Indy, you're lying. I'm almost thinking I would rather play on a neutral site in a dome than at home in the snow if you want to see this team at it's best.

Let's just kick the Dolphins @ss next week - I'll feel a lot better.

I'm not nervous at all. This week proves that the offense doesn't have to be great for the Pats to win. If this team were to lose a game(to anyone) it would be a huge upset. As a fan that's the ultimate position to be in.

Last edited:
************, will some of you babies shut it? Some people here are so frigging spoiled its amazing. The Pats are 14-0 and despite some close calls they have continiously pulled through. The weather was horrible today and obviously had an effect on the passing game. The defense was terrific I thought. ST was alright aside from the Kelly Washington block. I know that our passing game just had an off day due to a noreaster and will be fine. It was really good to see a great job by the defense and a very good effort by Maroney and the running game.

We are all lucky to have such a special team and I look at this thread where people are calling our team pathetic. We WON the game in terrible weather. The people that had to step up in this type of weather did(running game and defense).

I agree totally. Brady is a primary reason for the Pats poor offensive showing today and it's because he refuses to simply take the short stuff AND is obsessed with going long to Moss even if the coverage is there. This will cost us dearly in the playoffs if he doesn't stop it.

The other thing that will cost us dearly in the playoffs is the UNIMAGINATIVE and IDIOTIC playcalling. This Pats O is incredibly predictable which is why average to good defenses can stop us.

2. Brady is NOT the best QB ever or even currently. That title clearly belongs to Manning who performs well against good defenses (see Baltimore)

One positive thing from this game is that the defense played much better against the run (even though it was against the Jets). The secondary is still terrible and there were too many missed tackles up front but it's better than the last two weeks.

This is one of the worst things I have ever read. We get it dude, you wanted Bledsoe over Brady. Yeah, a 7.5 to 1 TD:INT ratio...we should clearly drop this loser from our team.

Are you having a contest with some friends to see who can be the most negative Pats fan or something?:confused:

Worst game of the year.

sucks13rz9.jpg

I won't say worst overall game of the year, but certainly the worst offensive game of the year. I just HATE to see Brady struggle all game. I want him to break records and today will set him back, especially for completion % and passying yds. Call me nerdy but I want Brady and Moss to own single season records.

Is that why you said Brady sucks in the game thread? This season isn't about you ahole, it's about them. They do it all, I watch them do it, you just ***** about it. :bricks:

This is one of the worst things I have ever read. We get it dude, you wanted Bledsoe over Brady. Yeah, a 7.5 to 1 TD:INT ratio...we should clearly drop this loser from our team.

Are you having a contest with some friends to see who can be the most negative Pats fan or something?:confused:

He's just a resident troll who only surfaces outside the political forum to dump on a HOF QB. He wanted Marc Bulger, believes he's much better...

Wow, how predictable.....trolling loser PF1996 comes back to find fault after the offense has a poor game in terrible conditions.

Loser. Biggest friggin' loser on this board save the trolls who actually admit they root for other teams.

What a pathetic thread!

Typical spoiled fan post..... great Defensive game today for the Pats. The offense struggled no doubt....but I do not expect 300+ yards and 4+ TDs every week. Cmon....get over the homerness.

What I expect from a "great team's offense" or "the greatest offense of all time" is EFFICIENCY when facing a HORRIBLE DEFENSE with ONE element to contend against. Particularly when it's likely to encouter said element in the playoffs against MUCH BETTER defenses. The Jets have the 27th ranked offense, were playing against the 4th ranked defense, lost their STARTING QB AND were playing in the same weather conditions as the Pats and yet THEIR OFFENSIVE OUTPUT didn't decline by over 100 yards. The Jets total yards today was a mere 60 yards less than their season's average. The Pats #1 offense, which is supposedly the "greatest ever", playing against the 28th ranked defense, with supposedly the "greatest QB ever" and the "greatest WR ever" could only manage a palty 265 yards, a full 160 YARDS below their season average. The Pats got a gift TD from the special teams. Their offense actually came up with 6 points against a TERRIBLE D. This isn't the "greatest offense ever". It's just an offense that plays well against poor defenses and struggles to score against good defenses. I'll take the 2004 offense over this shoddy inconsistent crew any day.

"What a pathetic performance".....by the Jets. The Pats were good. The offense held the ball for most of the game. The defense played great. Don't bother complaining about the offense because we know what they are capable of.

Yeah, they are capable of great things against pathetic defenses/teams and not much against good defenses/teams. Unfortunately, we'll be see a lot of the latter, and not the former, once the playoffs begin.

A win is a win, but that game left very little to build on going into the post season, especially in a game where everyone was assuming the team was seeking blood. The defense played well, but this was the Jets and it was a poor field. What we saw was an offense that couldn't muster much of anything in bad weather and Tom looking to Randy WAY too often - he was locking in on him and was essentially a crutch. I mean, the Jets and Pennington's 6 year old girl arm managed some precision on his passes to sustain drives, why couldn't we do it? I'm not sure it was even so much the weather. Maroney ran the ball good enough, but I would never call that the kind of running attack that you can rely on to win a game. So I'll agree with the original poster - worst game of the year. In the Eagles games and the Ravens games, we saw other teams that came out and played really well and we saw the Pats stare them in the face and win.

Side note - Peyton's record looks much less likely with a donut today. Tom needs 5 in the next two weeks in meaningless games and who knows about the weather - this is December.

Finally, a sane, objective Pats fans. Using the weather as an excuse would be more plausible if Pennington and the Jets weren't completing passes at will in THE SAME CONDITIONS with far more PRESSURE ON THE POCKET than Brady felt all day. Pennington completed 66% of his passes while the "greatest QB ever" could only manage a paltry 52%. Maroney ran well but it was against one of the worst run defenses in the league. I doubt we see a repeat of that performance in the playoffs. Most in here seem to forget that the ultimate goal isn't to win a regular season game against a bad Jets team but to win the frigging SB. We don't play in a dome and if this is the best we can manage against a bad team just because there was some "wind" then we are screwed against Indy or Jacksonville.

Brady doesn't deserve the record though it's a shame that Manning will retain it.

Could someone explain this crap to me? Everyone knew the game wasn't going to be a blowout because of the weather, and guess what? Everyone was right. And then the Patriots are terrible and Brady sucks because they didn't exceed expectations and score 50 in the middle of a Nor'easter. Give me a break man, maybe you should go be a Colts fan and watch the game in a dome.

Hmmm... 27th offense against 4th defense vs 1st offense against 28th defense. This should have been a blowout (i.e. 34/3) and would have been had the "greatest offense ever" been able to manage more than a measely 6 pts (not counting the gift TD). No, the Pats are terrible because they managed 6/16 third downs against a bad defense and Brady sucks because he managed 52% passing/134 yards/1 INT against a bad defense. No one expected them to score 50.

This may be the worst post of the year....did you even watch the game....the Patriots were playing close to the vest not only because of the weather but because they didn't want to give anything away for the playoffs, which is what they do every year. I expect to see this run heavy offense next week against Miami as well, and probably another low scoring game thats the Patriots control from start to finish. Why open up your offense on a crappy weather day against a team with no offense who kept running into themselves. When the Jets got within one score that's when the Pats went deep and opened it, for that one series and it was enough. This was a practice game warm up for the playoffs, I would not base my judgment of this team, their offense and their quartback on this game, that would be ignorant and stupid, just like the overreaction in this post.

:rofl:

Are you related to "MoLewis" because that excuse sounds just like the ones he makes when the D plays terribly. You're right, Belichick told the offense to go out there and fail to execute and let the Jets keep it close :rolleyes:

Here's a tip - go back and watch the game if you can and you'll see an offense that COULDN'T EXECUTE (regardless of the playcalling, unless you believe the purpose of the playcalling was to go 3/out).

This is why other teams accuse our fanbase of bandwagoning. Are you serious? we won by ten in terrible weather against a division rival. STFU.

14-0

Who the hell cares about the TD record? Or points scored? Or even undefeated? I care about winning in Arizona. That's it.

Patriot Nation... with some, it's more like P-U-S-S-Y Nation. Meow.

Fu-king wagon jumpers and trolls suck. This is the greatest team in the history of the NFL and fans pizz and moan about the spread on a frozen field with a ball-control offense adapting to the weather. I'd be embarrassed if I didn't personally know about 100 fans that have gone to games from Schaefer Stadium till now who are REAL fans. GFY jumpers and trolls!

as usual, you are a breath of fresh air. :rolleyes:

You now own the two most memorable posts of 2007

America needs more abortions
Brady will cost the Patriots in the playoffs.

ladies and Gentleman, we give you PF1996 :)

Here's a tip - go back and watch the game if you can and you'll see an offense that COULDN'T EXECUTE (regardless of the playcalling, unless you believe the purpose of the playcalling was to go 3/out).

Here's a TIP - why don't you go back to 1996 when you realized wisdom and revel in those glory days instead of coming down so hard on the current team?

Here's another TIP - keep aside the stats and realize that we played a division rival coached by our ex-defensive coach who might be very well aware of the strengths/weakness of our various schemes and realizes that the weather give him the luxury of not giving that much importance to our greatest threats - the long bombs. So, there might be a lot more going on TB's mind than normal, which lead him to being extra cautious which in turn lead to some poor decisions.

Here's the final TIP - this is the first time this season that we relied on our running game so much; so, there are bound to be areas which need to be worked on, and a bad weather like this isn't exactly the favored background to change the offensive strategy that was executed in the last 13 games.

So, if you are a true fan, be glad that we have a strong running game to build upon as an extra weapon during the playoffs.

If you want to rant and ridicule our team, by all means do so at the Jets site because that it will perk you to find every Jets fan agreeing with you and cheer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes