PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a pathetic performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm tired of Tom and Randy show. I would like to see Tom and somebody else. That is the reason we have 4 receivers and it's harder to defend 4. When will Tom Learn.?

today score is the LOWEST score which we have had so far. Against 3-10 team.? come one. we are better than this

You're right. I wonder if Reche Caldwell will be available next year when Moss takes a hike.

The weather was miserable. Relax.

i'm tired of Tom and Randy show. I would like to see Tom and somebody else. That is the reason we have 4 receivers and it's harder to defend 4. When will Tom Learn.?

today score is the LOWEST score which we have had so far. Against 3-10 team.? come one. we are better than this

Typical spoiled fan post..... great Defensive game today for the Pats. The offense struggled no doubt....but I do not expect 300+ yards and 4+ TDs every week. Cmon....get over the homerness.

Last edited:

Cough Cough...

Receptions:

Moss - 82
Welker - 93
Stallworth - 41
Gaffney -29

Know what you're talking about first JA

"What a pathetic performance".....by the Jets. The Pats were good. The offense held the ball for most of the game. The defense played great. Don't bother complaining about the offense because we know what they are capable of.

A win is a win, but that game left very little to build on going into the post season, especially in a game where everyone was assuming the team was seeking blood. The defense played well, but this was the Jets and it was a poor field. What we saw was an offense that couldn't muster much of anything in bad weather and Tom looking to Randy WAY too often - he was locking in on him and was essentially a crutch. I mean, the Jets and Pennington's 6 year old girl arm managed some precision on his passes to sustain drives, why couldn't we do it? I'm not sure it was even so much the weather. Maroney ran the ball good enough, but I would never call that the kind of running attack that you can rely on to win a game. So I'll agree with the original poster - worst game of the year. In the Eagles games and the Ravens games, we saw other teams that came out and played really well and we saw the Pats stare them in the face and win.

Side note - Peyton's record looks much less likely with a donut today. Tom needs 5 in the next two weeks in meaningless games and who knows about the weather - this is December.

I guess the weather played no part in the performance. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For f***k's sake, it was snowing, there was 20 odd mph wind and it was stupidly cold. For those of you in New England, go outside for three hours in Football gear, right now, and then say that the weather doesn't matter.

I agree totally. Brady is a primary reason for the Pats poor offensive showing today and it's because he refuses to simply take the short stuff AND is obsessed with going long to Moss even if the coverage is there. This will cost us dearly in the playoffs if he doesn't stop it.

The other thing that will cost us dearly in the playoffs is the UNIMAGINATIVE and IDIOTIC playcalling. This Pats O is incredibly predictable which is why average to good defenses can stop us.

This game demonstrates two things clearly

1. Pats is NOT the greatest offense ever.

2. Brady is NOT the best QB ever or even currently. That title clearly belongs to Manning who performs well against good defenses (see Baltimore)

One positive thing from this game is that the defense played much better against the run (even though it was against the Jets). The secondary is still terrible and there were too many missed tackles up front but it's better than the last two weeks.

A win is a win, but that game left very little to build on going into the post season, especially in a game where everyone was assuming the team was seeking blood. The defense played well, but this was the Jets and it was a poor field. What we saw was an offense that couldn't muster much of anything in bad weather and Tom looking to Randy WAY too often - he was locking in on him and was essentially a crutch. I mean, the Jets and Pennington's 6 year old girl arm managed some precision on his passes to sustain drives, why couldn't we do it? I'm not sure it was even so much the weather. Maroney ran the ball good enough, but I would never call that the kind of running attack that you can rely on to win a game. So I'll agree with the original poster - worst game of the year. In the Eagles games and the Ravens games, we saw other teams that came out and played really well and we saw the Pats stare them in the face and win.

Side note - Peyton's record looks much less likely with a donut today. Tom needs 5 in the next two weeks in meaningless games and who knows about the weather - this is December.

What became clear to me today is that NE football "fans", on whole, aren't very smart. In fact, I wish most of them weren't stealing oxygen that could be better spent elsewhere.

Our offense has, over the course of the season, been arguably the best offense of all time. It was the offense that struggled, but how can you really be worried about our offense going into the playoffs?

This is the kind of showing that we needed. A tough physical game by our defense. Props to them. I'm very happy about this game.

We're the worst 14-0 team of all time. :mad:

I agree totally. Brady is a primary reason for the Pats poor offensive showing today and it's because he refuses to simply take the short stuff AND is obsessed with going long to Moss even if the coverage is there. This will cost us dearly in the playoffs if he doesn't stop it.

The other thing that will cost us dearly in the playoffs is the UNIMAGINATIVE and IDIOTIC playcalling. This Pats O is incredibly predictable which is why average to good defenses can stop us.

2. Brady is NOT the best QB ever or even currently. That title clearly belongs to Manning who performs well against good defenses (see Baltimore)

One positive thing from this game is that the defense played much better against the run (even though it was against the Jets). The secondary is still terrible and there were too many missed tackles up front but it's better than the last two weeks.

lol were you even watching the game? wipe the c*m out of your eyes and look at the weather..
go back to the colts board..brady>manning any day of the week

i have had it !! i think we should all change teams today. !!! i will stay with pats...but then i am a masochist.

omg...we have a run game ! maroney ran for over 100 yards. oh it doesnt count.

now we have to worry about passing game. if we cant pass in this weather we dont have a chance

Didn't manning also play in 40 degree weather on no wind. Get a life. People who have actually played football now admit Brady is better. You are a nobody.

Could someone explain this crap to me? Everyone knew the game wasn't going to be a blowout because of the weather, and guess what? Everyone was right. And then the Patriots are terrible and Brady sucks because they didn't exceed expectations and score 50 in the middle of a Nor'easter. Give me a break man, maybe you should go be a Colts fan and watch the game in a dome.

Holy F***!!!

This post is full of all kinds of suck that I don't know where to start!

have you people see the weather today? the winds? it's not an excuse, but a good solid reason why the passing game wasn't firing on all cylinders.
and how did Manning do against the chargers ?,,he played well in a controlled atmosphere dome against the Ravens? big freakin' deal
the Pats are 14 and Oh for crying out loud....cut this ****, some Pat fans are becoming so spoiled, it's not even funny

Last edited:
I agree totally. Brady is a primary reason for the

Oh do you mean the Peyton Manning that went 15/30 with 0 TDs and 2 INTs vs the Ravens in the AFC playoffs in 2006? Yeah here's a clue, stop kissing Peytons arse, and look at what he does in the playoffs, when the games MATTER.

http://scoreboards.aol.com/football/nfl/game/80891/recap.aspx

Last edited:

please stop being a fan of the Patriots

I have made it a point in my life to avoid having anything in common with complete idiots, and you are messing that up.

Indy is waiting for you. Go West young moron, er, man.

Holy F***!!!

This post is full of kind of suck that I don't know where to start!

have you people see the weather today? the winds? it's not an excuse, but a good solid reason why the passing game wasn't firing on all cylinders.

and how did Manning do against the chargers ?....moron!

the Pats are 14 and Oh for crying out loud....cut this ****, some Pat fans are becoming so spoiled, it's not even funny

It's really weird, but PF1996 really dislikes Brady for whatever reason. Wasn't he the guy who was killing him last year and predicted he would be was on the downward spiral of his career? Just really strange stuff.

I won't say worst overall game of the year, but certainly the worst offensive game of the year. I just HATE to see Brady struggle all game. I want him to break records and today will set him back, especially for completion % and passying yds. Call me nerdy but I want Brady and Moss to own single season records.

All Pats fans want those records. But they are records because difficult. Every team has off days. It wasn't easy for Manning, and he played in dome 8 games.

Non-Pats fans have said all days that would be under and Jets cover in this weather (most bets went to the Jets). We may be a bit homer, but let's be realistic. Hard to execute this kind of offense with whirling wind...

please stop being a fan of the Patriots

I have made it a point in my life to avoid having anything in common with complete idiots, and you are messing that up.

Indy is waiting for you. Go West young moron, er, man.

+1. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, PF1996 comes in with the worst post of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes