PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a lousy bunch of early games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
One of the drawbacks of being a Pats fan (or pretty much any team east of the Rockies) is that their games are usually played at noon (or you Eastern-zoners, 1), when the majority of the games are played. This means I often don't get to watch other compelling games that I'd like to because they're on at the same time, and watching them when you already know the outcome just isn't the same (at least IMHO.)

But today when I looked at the line-up for the afternoon...sheesh. Kansas City and Atlanta? zzzzz... Buffalo and Oakland? Might as well mow the lawn. Minnesota and Carolina might be good, but the way the Vikes have been playing, I don't expect much. Tampa/Chicago and Houston/Tennessee will be interesting, but none of those teams have looked like that much this season.

By contrast, I'm going to tune in to every one of the national games today. Philly/Pittsburgh should be great. GB/Dallas will be the TRUE test of Aaron Rodgers; he will have the homefield advantage Favre rarely enjoyed against the 'Pokes and it will be interesting to see how the team responds to the challenge. And while a lot of people I've talked to think tomorrow night's NYJ/Chargers game will be a snoozer, I think it will be exciting. The Chargers will be out for blood after losing the last two weeks in the final seconds, while I must grudgingly admit that ol' hillbilly the Jesters have at QB can still pull off some good plays (though he was brought down a few pegs last week.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back