What a jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwc

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Last edited:
hwc said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=134765&format=&page=1

Vinatieri interview. What a total azz wipe. Never gave the Pats a chance to match an offer. We all had this jerk read right from the start. He wanted out. Never had any intention of negotiating with the Pats and hadn't had for more than a year. Probably pizzed off that he had to share the limelight with Brady.

So what? It's over and he's gone. I'm not going to hold it against him if he didn't want to play here anymore.

I don't want to call him a jerk after what he has done for the Pats. Not giving the Pats a chance to match the offer, come on! That's not even cool.

"They showed me a lot of love with the guys that were there"

That made me laugh. It's funny because it comes from a team that plays the blame game each time they lose in the playoffs.

hwc, I am not suprised at all by your comments.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=62592
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...read.php?t=32846&page=8&highlight=offers+adam

hwc:
"Could be. Or, the agent sat down with Vinatieri this weekend and laid out the facts:

a) I've been beating the bushes for a month, lined up one stinkin' visit, and the GM wasn't even in town to talk to you. The market isn't there.

b) The longer you keep this up, the more the risk that you blow it with the Pats. Belichick is talking to other kickers. Is that what you want?

c) Dunkin Donuts and the Ford Dealers have pulled their ads and told me that they will be exercising their out clauses since you are no longer a Patriot player.

c) I recommend that we sit down with the Pats and hammer out a deal.

And, Vinatieri fired him."

hwc:
"I think the problem Vinatieri is having attracting free agent interest is two-fold:

a) the teams around the league perceive his contract demands to be unreasonable

b) the teams around the league perceive that he is just jerking them around to bid up his price in New England.

Both of these perceptions are evident in the nature of the comments coming from his only suitor, the Packers. Their comments to the media suggest that their meeting with Vinatieri started with exploring whether or not they even had a legitimate chance to sign him away from New England. The perceptions were also implicit in Bill Parcells' statement to the media that Vinatieri would be nuts to sign anywhere but New England, where his endorsement and post-football career opportunites are off-the-charts for a kicker. I believe Parcells compared Vinatieri to Yaztremski or Orr in New England."

hwc, your current comments about Adam come across to me as sour grapes since hours after these prescient (sarcasm intended) comments Adam signed with the Colts.

The Pats had since 2004 to make their best offer to Adam. If they chose to wait to make their best offer as a counter-offer, that was their choice. Why should Adam be blamed for that?? Nothing ever prevented the Pats from making a pre-emptive strike. The Pats chose to be reactive with Adam, not proactive. And yet you blame Adam. If the Pats told Adam before he signed with the Colts that they have already made their best offer, why expect them to increase their offer??

All Adam wanted was to go to a dome. Dome, dome, dome. Period.

It worked out well for him that it's a good team and at a $$ that can make him smile.

Clonamery said:
All Adam wanted was to go to a dome. Dome, dome, dome. Period.

It worked out well for him that it's a good team and at a $$ that can make him smile.

I agree with you. Also, Adam must have loved his old coach's comment on national media regarding all the extra money he makes here in NE. I'm sure that was worth at least a couple mill from the Colts! Wonder if he sent a fruit basket to Parcells after he inked the deal?

Aw, poor Adam Vinatieri, he just had to sign with the Colts. I mean really what other choice did he have, I mean what were the Patriots going to pay him,what, 6.00 an hour? And really he could not of given the situation another 24 hours to see if the Patriots would match what the Colts gave him, I mean he was starting to get like Lord Favre waiting for his decision:rolleyes:

After listening to that interview with another player ass kisser Felger, guy didn't wanna be here, so hey whatever Adam, than don't come out and lie in our faces and say :blahblah: "I want to stay in New England" BS you liar.

Who cares? He's a kicker. A great kicker, but a KICKER. A freaking KICKER. He KICKS. He's involved in perhaps 40 meaningful plays a year (field goal attempts) of which 90% are makeable by any decent kicker in the NFL.

He's 34. By the time his deal ends he'll be damn near 40.

Love ya. Thanks for everything. You should never buy a beer on your own dime in any bar in New England for the rest of your life. Sorry to see you go, but BYE.

Nobody here could name half the kickers on the SB winning teams of the last 30 years, and no non-fantasy football nut could name half the kickers in the NFL today. Why? Because they're "just kickers".

Don't get me wrong, I love AV. He was great. But ultimately, I'll take a great QB, a great DL, heck, a great GUARD, over a great kicker. Because the first three are involved in a thousand or so meaningful snaps a year, and the kicker doesn't even come close.

Last edited:
The only time I'm going to be thinking about AV is when we're playing Indiana. I'm not angry with him--I don't think we have the right to be angry. He gets to live his own life and make his own decisions. I hope they turn out well for him, because what I've seen of the guy, I like him.

hwc said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=134765&format=&page=1

Vinatieri interview. What a total azz wipe. Never gave the Pats a chance to match an offer. We all had this jerk read right from the start. He wanted out. Never had any intention of negotiating with the Pats and hadn't had for more than a year. Probably pizzed off that he had to share the limelight with Brady.

Agreed.

And what is all this "love" cr@p he's talking about?

"The Colts showed me love. Love this, love that!"

What is this, group therapy?

Love?

I hate this whole hip-hop culture infiltrating these athletes - "Show me some love, bay-bay! I need some love from my teammates, I need some love from my agent, I need some 'spect, I need to feed my family..."

AV, call a spade a spade...the Colts showed you FU - KING MONEY not "love"!

What?

You weren't "loved" in New England? You're 5 foot nothing with no real talents in the world except that you can kick the cr@p out of a football and you were a regional icon in what is arguably the greatest sports region in the world!

You think you're gonna get that in friggin Indiana? Puh-leaze!

The best you can hope for is you'll be the official starter at the 500 or some chit!

Call up Ty Law, Damien Woody & Lawyer Milloy and ask them how thier all out pursuit of the mighty coin is going?

Good luck, you money-grubbin' b!tch.

I got your love right here, dude!

Martin Gramatica rules!

ADPF

Last edited:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Agreed.

And what is all this "love" cr@p he's talking about?

"The Colts showed me love. Love this, love that!"

What is this, group therapy?

Love?

I hate this whole hip-hop culture infiltrating these athletes - "Show me some love, bay-bay! I need some love from my teammates, I need some love from my agent, I need some 'spect, I need to feed my family..."

AV, call a spade a spade...the Colts showed you FU - KING MONEY not "love"!

What?

You weren't "loved" in New England? You're 5 foot nothing with no real talents in the world except that you can kick the cr@p out of a football and you were a regional icon in what is arguably the greatest sports region in the world!

You think you're gonna get that in friggin Indiana? Puh-leaze!

The best you can hope for is you'll be the official starter at the 500 or some chit!

Call up Ty Law, Damien Woody & Lawyer Milloy and ask them how thier all out pursuit of the mighty coin is going?

Good luck, you money-grubbin' b!tch.

I got your love right here, dude!

Martin Gramatica rules!

ADPF

:agree:

Adam, you're nothing to me now -- not a Patriot, not a kicker ...

pudpro said:
I don't want to call him a jerk after what he has done for the Pats. Not giving the Pats a chance to match the offer, come on! That's not even cool.

"They showed me a lot of GREEN love with the guys that were there"

That made me laugh. It's funny because it comes from a team that plays the blame game each time they lose in the playoffs.

He is not worth all this attention.

Mike the Brit said:
:agree:

Adam, you're nothing to me now -- not a Patriot, not a kicker ...

"...I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the Blade, I don't want you near my house. When you come to visit Bob Kraft, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

The reason people are acting like sour grapes is because we treated AV like a king yet he still walks out for something else. People here showed more devotion to him than any sports player could dream of, and apparently he still feels it's not good enough. Whether it's reasonable or not, that's how people feel.

One more reason that I hate when the media picks on Belichick. he is extremely adept at the human aspect of managing a team. He knows as a science who is committed, not committed and/or distracted.

When a player says they were disrespeted, did not receive communication or whatever...I quickly assume they are getting the same treatment back that they had silently been giving for the last year or so.

Belichick is on the ball at all times and payback is usually a factor of it's accumulation of the B.S. he's had to put up with. He has all his draft moles all over the country. To think he doesn't have his locker room moles would be a stupid assumption at best.

hwc said:

In my circle of friends, I said it would be smart for him to go to a dome team, and there aren't many better than the Colts. It will prolong his career, improve his stats, and I can see why he did it.

At least he didn't come back to the Pats falsely, knowing that he wanted to do this. I say give him some slack.

F.B.N. said:
One more reason that I hate when the media picks on Belichick. he is extremely adept at the human aspect of managing a team. He knows as a science who is committed, not committed and/or distracted.

When a player says they were disrespeted, did not receive communication or whatever...I quickly assume they are getting the same treatment back that they had silently been giving for the last year or so.

Belichick is on the ball at all times and payback is usually a factor of it's accumulation of the B.S. he's had to put up with. He has all his draft moles all over the country. To think he doesn't have his locker room moles would be a stupid assumption at best.

If you look at his two celebrations after kicking the game winners in the superbowls you can see hints of the progression his ego/personality took.

In 2001 he was delirously happy and celebrated with his teammates. In 2003 he had more of a "i'm too cool" look on his face and let his teammates embrace him while he posed.

I've also seen a picture of him posing with his shirt off boy-band style and I cringe everytime I watch my Superbowl DVD where they show him trying to exhort his teammates on the sideline. It's embarassing.

I suspect that ol AV wasn't as much fun to work with as he used to be...

Burgess said:
If you look at his two celebrations after kicking the game winners in the superbowls you can see hints of the progression his ego/personality took.

In 2001 he was delirously happy and celebrated with his teammates. In 2003 he had more of a "i'm too cool" look on his face and let his teammates embrace him while he posed.

I've also seen a picture of him posing with his shirt off boy-band style and I cringe everytime I watch my Superbowl DVD where they show him trying to exhort his teammates on the sideline. It's embarassing.

I suspect that ol AV wasn't as much fun to work with as he used to be...

You know, I met him in 1997 @ Nova Southeastern University in Davie, FL, where I worked and where the Dolphins also train.

I used to go watch the Dolphins workout while I ate my lunch and one day I see two guys off to the side kicking and being instructed by some dude in a wheelchair.

As I was leaving, they were heading into the locker room and I realized it was AV. I sped up my pace and got over to them and said hello and he said hi.

I told him I was a big Pats fan, showed him my Pats tattoo and told him how cr@ppy I felt about the Super Bowl loss to Green Bay.

He thanked me for the support and said he was out here getting ready with the guy in the wheelchair (who turned out to be Doug Blevins, kicking guru) and the other kicker (who was Joe Nedney) for Pats training camp, which opened in Rhode Island in a few days.

Nedney had just left the Dolphins, I remember, so the Fish must have been letting the three of them use the facility.

AV seemed very genuine. Nice kid.

I don't know if the fame got to him or not, but he was awfully cool that day.

Little thing, too. His eyes were even with my chest and he was very skinny, but chiseled.

They list him as 6'0"/ 202, but I'm 5'11" 250 and I'm telling you he ain't an inch over 5'8"!

Today, he's dead to me, just like McGinest, Damon, Law, Clemens, Sparky Lyle, Wade Boggs, Milloy, Slade, et al...

ADPF

Last edited:
im not going to fault AV for leaving to get paid, especially when the pats werent going to offer him the deal he wanted. The Colts did and he took it, could you blame him?

I cant fault the pats for what they did, they spend their money better than anyone in the game. Obviously they felt a kicker wasnt worth that kind of cash. And if Gramatica is fully healed from his past injuries, hes a steal for us for the money hes getting.

This stuff happens all of the time. He was money for the Pats superbowl victories. Yes.

Belichick has obviously moved on. Us fans need to as well.

Hopefully, whomever takes his place, will succeed. Be it the "hamburgler", or some rookie.

Next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes