PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a great, happy, gutty performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are your $%&* serious? I am sick and tired of ungrateful and frankly ingorant fans like you. Spoken like someone that start following the team in 2000 and probably never played a sport in his life.

What the Patriots are doing is quite remarkable. Name me another team that would be hanging around and still a dangerous playoff contender under a similar injury situation. Are you paying attention to the NFL this year or have any clue about the sport? Take off the pink Patriots cap and realize that we aren't entitled to championships. This is gutsy group of players rallying around a great coach and making the most out of a VERY difficult situation. You should put things in perspective and be appreciative . Go root for the Lions or go to the mall and tell all the kids there is no such thing as Santa Claus.

The Broncos, while not losing their staring QB, are on like their 6th RB, have just about all their LBs hurt and most of their secondary. Also, no need -- with your fifth post -- to name call a veteran poster on the board who is calling it as he sees it ...

Last edited:
I'm always a rah rah Pats fan but after that first half even I was getting hot....they turned on whatever it was that was turned off in the first half with a gutty performance reminiscent of past years.

One thing I'm just not getting...what the hell is the technique that is being taught to the DB's? The opposong QB breaks contain and scrambles up the sideline, you follow him and just when you have a shot to knock him out of bounds you pull up??? And just watch him run down the sideline for another fifteen yards??? WTF IS that??? You don't see that in Division 1-aaa games, never mind the pros...and BTW,next offseason, will somebody VOLUNTEER to throw like 50,000 footballs at Meriwether's hands...jeezus, he's got like the worst hands EVER in pro football.

The Broncos, while not losing their staring QB, are on like their 6th RB, have just about all their LBs hurt and most of their secondary. Also, no need -- with your fifth post -- to name call a veteran poster on the board who is calling it as he sees it ...

Exactly, they have NOT lost their Hall of Fame QB and their defensive situation is not nearly as bad as what the Patriots had out on the field today. Player for player we have more significant time lost to injures, take a look at the weekly inactive list for both teams. The Broncos are a very well coached team and are also gutting it out on their way to the playoffs. I would hope their fans would also appreciate how they have held it together despite the injuries.
Boo hoo! I'm being too tough on a "veteran poster". What is this? The boy scouts. I'll call out anyone I want and don't feel my remarks were out of line or overly inflammatory. I wanted to make a strong point. Perhaps your veteran poster will make a better case for himself with his own response.

And a big GFY to you, game thread Loser

And a big :rocker: to you, PWP. (And a big GFY to anyone who doesn't appreciate the team for this win just because they didn't look like they would win the Superbowl.)

They had to pull a victory out of their asses against one of the worst teams in the league today. I hate to be Debbie Downer, but they beat the Seahawks today, not the Giants.

This is true, but they won. That's what is important. Let's face facts here, it's not like Seattle was playing like crap. They were playing pretty good football, actually. The Pats were at a season high in injuries, they had no cohesion on defense and they still were able to pull it together enough in the second half to completely shut down the Seahawks in the second half. Look at it logically: In the second half, Seattle had 7 posessions. New England forced 5 punts and caused a turnover. Save for a freakish play from Branch, they completely dominated Seattle the last 30 minutes of the game defensively. This team has three games left in the regular season. This is enough time to mesh and gel.

What I don't see here is the juggernaut we got accustomed to seeing last year. However, that year's team was also a deeply flawed one. They were so reliant upon tallent that they could not do what the New England Patriots have historically done better than anyone: win on heads up play, coaching, and grit. What I do see in this team is a scrappy, tough team that for the most part is in the game until the end. They won't blow anyone out, but frankly 2001, 2003 and 2004 were not teams like that either. I like this team. They've got heart and they're not going to quit.

Last edited:
And a big :rocker: to you, PWP. (And a big GFY to anyone who doesn't appreciate the team for this win just because they didn't look like they would win the Superbowl.)

That drives me crazy. As a longtime fan I'm used to seasons where we struggled for each W. Some of these folks want 16-0 and 42-10 scores or they throw hissey fits.

I thought today's game was exciting, just like the 'old days' say 2001 even.

Sure I was frustrated as Cassel overthrew Moss, as Moss droped another pass, as LBs failed to cover rookie TEs or tackle, as DBs got beat and as we failed to mount a pass rush. But all that is part of any game.

But what I saw today was a gutsy performance where the Pats DL had 2/3rds of its starters out, the LB corps had 3/4ths its starters out and lost backups. I saw Cassel step up into the pocket and take a vicious hit after hit as he floated 1st down completions to Welker who'd get clobbered. Hard hiting STs play. BIG FGs. Great football.

Last edited:
Are your $%&* serious? I am sick and tired of ungrateful and frankly ingorant fans like you. Spoken like someone that start following the team in 2000 and probably never played a sport in his life.

Rabid sports fan gets angry over fellow fan being realist, news at 10.

What the Patriots are doing is quite remarkable. Name me another team that would be hanging around and still a dangerous playoff contender under a similar injury situation.

There aren't any other teams doing what the Patriots are doing. That doesn't mean they're a "dangerous playoff contender." A dangerous playoff contender would have won tough games against other playoff-caliber teams. As I see it, they've suffered losses to the Colts and Steelers, the two teams most likely to be there at the end. Their defense has looked like swiss cheese against decidedly mediocre teams like the Chargers, Rams, Seahawks, and 49ers; to say nothing of the Dolphins and Jets. It's not going to happen this year. If someone doesn't fix the defense, it's not going to happen anytime soon, either.

That said, if it does happen, I'll gladly eat my words and celebrate as hard as the next guy. But I wouldn't stake the house on it.

Last edited:
Boo hoo! I'm being too tough on a "veteran poster". What is this? The boy scouts. I'll call out anyone I want and don't feel my remarks were out of line or overly inflammatory. I wanted to make a strong point. Perhaps your veteran poster will make a better case for himself with his own response.

I could personally care less, but I'm just telling you since you're new, that this the most overly moderated & sensitive messageboard I've ever seen on the Internet, and if that sort of tone is used consistently in your posts you'll probably be banned or some such.

This has been a pretty gratifying year, all things considered. Nice determination yesterday. They refused to go down, and they will continue to play meaningful games this year, with 3 to play. I'll take that, given what this team has gone through.

This team gives you so little to be disappointed about as a fan -- yet it's remarkable to me how some fans just can't help themselves. In the name of "realism" I guess.

It's funny -- the Arizona Cardinals just made it to 8-5, the same record the Patriots have now, and they are dancing in the streets. It's hard for some here to fathom what an unbearably fortunate thing it is to be whining after wins -- road wins at that.

It's funny -- the Arizona Cardinals just made it to 8-5, the same record the Patriots have now, and they are dancing in the streets.

It is, but we're talking about one of the absolute worst franchises in NFL history vs. one of the best. Our expectations are high, even after losing half the team to injuries.:eek:

Frankly, after what transpired yesterday it will almost be a miracle if we have enough in the tank to win out. Cassel can't have any 'off' games, and Seau and Colvin will need to step in almost without missing a beat--pretty tall order.

Team came up big on 3rd downs all night. Hopefully a thing that will happen more frequently. Btw, I was really impressed with Seattle's 12th man. For a 2-11 team, thats a loud place.[/quote]

And, it wasn't a dome with piped in crowd noise. :D

Nice to see a title like this instead of the inverse!

Well, Cassel leads a drive, converts 3rd downs. Defense actually blitzes:eek: and comes away with the takeaway!

It's not perfect, but they won. They ground it out and won on the heart of the players. In fact dare I say they overcame being out-schemed? This team makes the tournament, they can do something interesting.

Man, that felt good.

Yeah well apparently these are the only kind of threads that are allowed on this section. :rocker:

Happy
Joy
All is Well
:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes