Welcome to PatsFans.com

What a great, great victory

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

The neocon movement has been soundly rejected. It took 20 years for the liberal Congress of the 70s to die, but only 12 for the neocon Congress to die. The Dems took control of the House and they have an excellent shot at taking control of the Senate.

Bush is now a lame duck president, and the Dems are in a position to investigate the many possible wrongdoings by the Republicans. The Republicans probably can no longer threaten the nuclear option in the Senate. The minimum wage will most likely be increased. Health care will return to the agenda. Education will be back on the table. And Bush is going to fail, fail, fail as long as he stays with his unpopular and disastrous Iraqi policy.

But, there were other victories as well. Arizona defeated the gay marriage ban; Missouri came out for stem cell research; South Dakota rejected the extremist abortion ban passed by their State government. And for all there years in power, what really has the right-wing accomplished? I can't think of one major accomplishment, other than tax cuts funded by massive deficits.

Now, I'll grant you the victorious Democratic Party is hardly the liberal Party of yesterday, but the American people have placed on it the mantle of authority to find a better way than the Republican way. That shouldn't be too hard.
  2. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yay for higher taxes right Patters? I mean the money for increased minimum wage, education and health care have to come from SOMEWHERE right?

And when minimum wage goes UP, the number of employees a business will have will go DOWN thus putting more of the burden on less of the tax base.

Nice job.

How's embryonic stem cell research going in Europe? I heard its a failure But lets just clone some babies and then grind them up in the mill right?

And whilst we're at it, lets take some of these newfangled late term abortions and use their stem cells, its all good in the brand new liberal utopia.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

The minimum wage thing is a joke - most states have laws for higher minimum wages. Why nationalize it and have someone in, say, Montana, be required to have a higher minimum wage that someone in, say, NY, when the cost of living is so different. This particular issue sounds good but is not something the feds should be involved in.

As I've said several times, it's time to lower your taxable income as much as possible because they're coming after it now. And I don't even want to think about the stock market - which, contrary to the lying Democrats, a hell of a lot of people have a stake in.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I humbly eat "My Crow" THE DEMOCRATS WIN the people have spoken, unlike those sore losing bastards (Kerry/Gore People) I congratulate them, I will now sit back and wait for all these glorious things to happen and all the "Freedoms" we will enjoy (even the enemy) the people wanted the change, now they have it and they will have to live with it whatever it may bring.

The are many sniveling shivering cowards in the Democratic party and I pray to God that they never turn their backs on those f-cking Muslim Fanatics.

The thought of Auntie Pelosi being Third in line for the Presidency should scare the sh!t out of most Americans even the far left pus bag Hollywood Wife Swappers.

As soon as this new regime starts to get their social left wing do-gooding liberal crap into action you better hang on to your wallet and only FLY on an Ameican Airline when it is absolutley neccesasary.

The best thing to come out of this whole election was the fact that JOHN FONDA KERRY will never ever become the President Of The Untited States.

WILL JESSIE JACKOFF ONCE MORE BE APPOINTED THE SPIRITUAL LEADER OF THE "NEW HOUSE"

GOD HELP AMERICA AND GOD BLESS AMERICA

I DEMAND A RECOUNT
    (PELOSI STILL MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT) :D