PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a game to be at!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job fellas, we're going to need it again next week!!!

EXACTLY. Next week's opponent will be a lot better on both sides of the ball. Need to be even loader (if that is possible).

Anyone notice a new announcer on the P.A. at the game. Not sure I like the change

He was terrible. Hopefully John Rooke will be back next week.

He was terrible. Hopefully John Rooke will be back next week.

Rooke was in Syracuse doing the Providence vs. Syracuse basketball game (he's the PC play by play guy and a very good one at that - I hope he's considered as a candidate to replace Gil Santos when he retires). No Friars game next Sunday so Rooke will be at Gillette.

Agree w/ OP - when the game was still in doubt, it was the loudest I think I've ever heard Gillette - at least in person. Over half the 300s and 200s were gone by the start of the 4th quarter...but I can't hate on em for that...it was cold as a MF'er last night up there.

It's been a while since it's been that loud.......thanks to everyone who was there!

Just checked his Facebook page. He will be back next week

Rooke was in Syracuse doing the Providence vs. Syracuse basketball game (he's the PC play by play guy and a very good one at that - I hope he's considered as a candidate to replace Gil Santos when he retires). No Friars game next Sunday so Rooke will be at Gillette.

Nice! I knew there was a PC game and guessed that maybe that was his priority.

Next week we won't have to listen to "1st and 10, that's a gain of 2, brings up 2nd and 2."

Nice! I knew there was a PC game and guessed that maybe that was his priority.

Next week we won't have to listen to "1st and 10, that's a gain of 2, brings up 2nd and 2."

There were times when he sounded like a radio announcer, which was weird. "Tebow is sacked for minus-5 yards!"

For all you who were there..great job..place was loud...WOOO

Going to AFC champ game!

My voice was gone by the second quarter, I dont know if it was the weather or did I strain my vocal chords that much. Either way, very memorable night at Gillette and Im going to cherish it for one more day before having Ray Lewis haunting my dreams

how was the cold? did you leave early?
if you went to the tennessee game, was it as cold?

On paper it wasn't as cold as the Tennessee game, but it felt colder to me. Maybe because the Pats got off to such a huge lead, and then the Denver players kept going down, causing delays, and it seemed like a lot of TV delays. I was freezing by the end of the game, but I stayed until there were about 30 seconds left. I saw that some people thought the "Teee-eee-bow cheers/jeers were over the top, but they re-energized the cold crowd, and I thought they were very effective. It appeared that they caused at least one delay of game and one last minute time out by Denver.

I also cannot come up with a comfortable pair of boots that can keep my feet warm! :(. Other than that it was a great game. So nice to be high-fiving everyone around us instead of being stunned and feeling like crying.

Keep it up next week!!

TEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOOWWWW :D

Great atmosphere last night. You could tell it would just walking to the stadium, people were fired up. I'm also pleased to tell you that the away allocation sections were sitting basically the entire game (honestly, they were a poor excuse for fans....even when it was a close game).

I don't know if you could hear it on TV, don't even know if it made it out of our area, but when the Broncos had the ball in the mid 4th quarter we had a pretty loud "Tebow Time" chant going.

Earlier in the week I posted a challenge to the fans attending to be loud .... Let me tell you Gillette Stadium was the most electric and exciting atmosphere that I have seen since they raised that last SB banner. Half hour before the game the place was full and you could just feel the excitement.

I don't blame the fans in 300's for leaving early ... it was damn cold, but those in the 100's were there to the end. Great crowd, loud loud loud. Can't wait for AFC Championship game.

Earlier in the week I posted a challenge to the fans attending to be loud .... Let me tell you Gillette Stadium was the most electric and exciting atmosphere that I have seen since they raised that last SB banner. Half hour before the game the place was full and you could just feel the excitement.

I don't blame the fans in 300's for leaving early ... it was damn cold, but those in the 100's were there to the end. Great crowd, loud loud loud. Can't wait for AFC Championship game.

Ill be honest..we left with 4 min left...more than 3/4 of people around us left before me. Started right when the 4th started

Last edited:
I went to the game last night. I've been to every home playoff game at Gillette stadium. Last night was probably my second favorite game behind the AFC Championship vs the colts. Brady was on another level. I am trying to enjoy this time because we will never see another QB that is better. Everybody in my section stood the entire game. I'm glad to hear it was loud on tv, but I still think it should have been louder for a playoff game. I was not cold during the game. It was nothing like the Titans game. Can't wait for Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes