What a BS call

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRule

Banned
Reaction score
That call on Vrabel was BS even Collingsworth the Patriot hater admitted it

+1. What a joke. It sucks that the Pats have to play the refs every week in addition to the opposing football team.

fckin bs. f those refs. f the jets. how the f are u gonna call that.

3 1/2 minutes left in a tie game and the refs call holding on THAT. Game-robbing call.

I'm seeing it more and more in all sports...refs havfe no judgment. You simply can't make that tight of a call when it decides the game. Unreal.

Like it or not, that was the call. Crummy, about as bad as we played in the first 33 minutes.

This whole game had the feeling that no matter something was going to get in the way of us winning. Almost like the '05 Divisional playoffs @ mile high.

When it happened 2 weeks ago I figured its out of our system but here we go again.

I'm seeing it more and more in all sports...refs havfe no judgment. You simply can't make that tight of a call when it decides the game. Unreal.

agreed

the second call was obvious but come on

the first one was such BS

And then no flag on Moss' TD when Law bear hugged him.

And then no flag on Moss' TD when Law bear hugged him.

He only held him for about 5 seconds! I think there's a different standard for teams that play the Pats!

I'm not blaming the loss on the refs, but I noticed a lot of bad/missed calls this game. The one on Vrabel obviously stands out, but the lack of intentional grounding on Farve, the BS pass interference on Hobbs, some pretty blatant holding by the Jets O line, and Law going very heavy on the contact well past 5 yards on pretty much every play I saw him in are all somewhat discouraging.

Again I'm not blaming the refs, the refs didn't make them leave Keller wide open on 3rd and 15, those are just some plays I noticed.

Awful call, but you can't let it get to that point... you just can't. We've been saying that to fans of other teams for awhile now, and it's still very true when it comes to our team.

What was so bizarre about that play was that, from the view of the official behind the play it does KIND OF look like Vrabel might have hooked him, but the flag didn't come out until well after the play had ended.

It was a bad call if the official threw it based on the beginning of the route... it was a historically ATROCIOUS call if he threw it based on the end of the route...

I'm not blaming the loss on the refs, but I noticed a lot of bad/missed calls this game. The one on Vrabel obviously stands out, but the lack of intentional grounding on Farve, the BS pass interference on Hobbs, some pretty blatant holding by the Jets O line, and Law going very heavy on the contact well past 5 yards on pretty much every play I saw him in are all somewhat discouraging.

Again I'm not blaming the refs, the refs didn't make them leave Keller wide open on 3rd and 15, those are just some plays I noticed.

Yup, they were so enthralled with the first half they weren't calling much of anything...and there was a lot going on. That's the problem, call it any way you want as long as you call it consistently for both teams from the get go...

Sucks, but good teams overcome bad calls. The Pats horrible play in the first half is why they are in this mess to begin with. D also had plenty of chances to stop them before that, and stop them in OT.

There will always be bad calls, part of the game.

Now if you want to talk about the inequity of the current NFL OT system ...

Awful call, but you can't let it get to that point... you just can't. We've been saying that to fans of other teams for awhile now, and it's still very true when it comes to our team.

What was so bizarre about that play was that, from the view of the official behind the play it does KIND OF look like Vrabel might have hooked him, but the flag didn't come out until well after the play had ended.

It was a bad call if the official threw it based on the beginning of the route... it was a historically ATROCIOUS call if he threw it based on the end of the route...

A few years ago they changed the emphasis on holding because calls were really slowing down the games. They are now not supposed to assume anyting, and call holding only when they actually see it.

The Pats are the least penalized team in the league, stop all your crying. Like some one mentioned earlier, if they didn't suck in the first half then you don't have to worry about one call. Anyways, by the letter of the law it was illigal contact. what really sucked about it was that Keller was tripple covered.

But it really doesn't matter because if they kicked a FG. The Pats probably would have played it conservative and tried to match the FG.

I hear you. It's not the refs' fault we lost yet it's discouraging when they're so consistently inconsistent. It's like playing the opponent AND them. :mad:

When Favre was called the hewro by the NFL, it was already a set-up. The refs just toed the line. Go Pats:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes