2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Format favored?

• Total voters

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Always interesting how the order in which home court games are played plays out in these series, which format do you favor?

2-2-1-1-1 is the way it should be. In a competitive series game 5 has historically been a deciding factor and the team with the better record should have home court for it.

I hate 2-3-2 especially considering every other round is 2-2-1-1-1.

How is 2-3-2 home effing court advantage?

I like the fact that the 2-2-1-1-1 format allows a team to actually win the game clinching game at home before game 6.

Sometimes you find yourself slightly holding back rooting for a game 4 win in these series, with part of you really wanting to see the win back at home. (See: Sox last 2 series)

How is 2-3-2 home effing court advantage?

I think it depends if you have home court or not. If you have it and win the first two, it's an advantage. Then all you have to do is win one of the next three on the road and you come home for two games, up 3-2. BUT if you lose one of the first two, you're up the creek going on the road for three..
If you don't have home court, and you can split the first two, it's great to go home with a chance to either win it, or go up 3-2 if you go 2-1 at home....La goes home knowing that if they lose one of three...they go back
to Boston down 3-2 and the Celtics have two chances to win at home where they are 12-1 this post-season.....

I think the original intent was to eliminate two potentially cross country trips with the 2-2-1-1-1- in the days when the finals were almost always Bos-LA and have two trips at the max compared to four.

Last edited:
Teams who go up 2-0 in the NBA finals have won 90% of the time. (26-3)

The last team to win down 0-2 was actually just 2 years ago, being the Miami Heat.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back