PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What 3 teams draft boards would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
If you could have 5 minutes inside a draft room of 3 teams before the draft, which 3 teams and why?

For me:
1. Green Bay-with them picking right behind us and running the same defense as us, it would be nice to know what they are thinking.

2. Jets- With their recent success and being our biggest rival, i would love to know how their board stacks up and who they are interested in.

3. Denver- With McDaniels trying to become New England west, their board and the Patriots board is probably similar, so it would be nice to know if their are players we must move up for.

Yours?

Dolphins
Eagles
Us!

Pats
Steelers
Cowboys

Want to know what 3-4 D prospects they like.

Pats
Denver
Baltimore

Steelers
Packers
Eagles

Patriots
Ravens
Eagles

Nice thread idea.

Pats
Balt
Indy

I know Indy plays a different defense but I would love to see how their board stacks.. Polian is a master of the draft.. It pains me to say it..

Last edited:
Pats
Colts
Steelers

Pats because they're the team I'm a fan of and have the most interest in.
Colts and Steelers because they're considered to be the best teams at drafting over the last decade or so.

Just for fun I'd like to see a team like Oakland's draft board too, just for comparison.

Eagles - let's get my LB before they do this time. :enranged:
Cleveland - who can we fake Mangini into lobbying Walrus for?
NYJ - who can we fake Tannenbaum into grabbing before NE?

Besides the Pats . . .

Jets
Miami
Indy

I'd add Baltimore and Denver if I could see five.

I would love to see a BB draft board.

But the three boards I would be interested in seeing besides ours is:

Seattle
Denver
San Fran

Assuming the first five picks shake out as:

Bradford
Suh
McCoy
OKrung
Bulgara

The three teams listed above will have a huge impact on who falls to the Pats at #22.

Of course we all want to see the Pats first but...3 others
Phins--Tuna is another 3-4 master
Broncos--They hold picks in good trade position
Green Bay--They draft right behind us so if we knew the player they wanted we could use that info to trade out and get more value. If we are cheating might as well get something for it eh?

Great thread!

1. New England - would love to see the way BB's board shakes out
2. Miami - Parcells is still a personnel guru IMO
3. Baltimmore - big fan of Ozzie Newsome

Honorable Mention: Kansas City - would be cool to see the difference between Pioli and BB now that they are separated.

Vikings....to see if Four Eyes has Tebow as best player at #30.
After that Miami and Pittsburgh.

Funny that this thread got done. ESPN The Rag just sent out their ratings of teams from 2000-2007. They had the Pats rated 20th because of the 2007 season.. Yes, it left me scratching my head because of all the awesome drafts from 2001-2005..

For me, the Ravens, Colts, and Chargers because the Colts and Ravens are rated #1 and #2 and the Chargers are also one of the best as well.

Funny that this thread got done. ESPN The Rag just sent out their ratings of teams from 2000-2007. They had the Pats rated 20th because of the 2007 season.. Yes, it left me scratching my head because of all the awesome drafts from 2001-2005..

For me, the Ravens, Colts, and Chargers because the Colts and Ravens are rated #1 and #2 and the Chargers are also one of the best as well.

San Diego does an incredible job of signing a ton of UDFA gems. Unfortunately they cut most of them that go on to blossom elsewhere.

1. Patriots: A number of players could drop into their laps at 22, like Oher did last year. Could Dez Bryant be there? If so, do the Pats take him? Where do they target Tebow? Does Sapp or Hughes have first round grades? Are they serious about Kyle Wilson, Kareem Jackson and Earl Thomas? Where is Derrick Morgan on their board? Who would they trade up for if the opportunity was right (or are they looking to trade down if specific players are already off their board)?

2. Raiders: 2009's draft was the exclamation point on how, for lack of a better word, unconventional Al Davis is. Heyward-Bey? Mitchell? Would they really take a QB with the first round pick? I can't imagine that the selections by the Raiders will impact the Patriots, let alone any other team, but I would be interesting to compare boards against what Davis put together this year.

3. Seahawks: At 6 and 14, the Seahawks wield arguably the most influence in the first round. If Whitehurst is their guy, then Clausen slides by them at 6 (and maybe lower). Guys like Derrick Morgan, Eric Berry, Joe Haden, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis and CJ Spiller are all legitimate options for the team in the Pacific Northwest. If they go left tackle with the sixth pick, then they might trigger a run on tackles. Haden or Berry at six could pull a guy like Patrick Robinson into the first round or Morgan Burnett. CJ Spiller at 16 could get Matthews drafted early, as well as Dwyer. So many questions hang on what the Seahawks do.

Pats are in by default

Raiders - for a good laugh
Jets - to see who they are going to trade up for
Colts - they seem to do the best in the late rounds

pats
ravens
steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey