PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What 3 games on the schedule looks toughest for the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indy, Baltimore and Atlanta.

The 3 games that worry me most:
indy
new orleans
and
wait for it
wait for it
houston, yup houston

The texans have a running back in Steve Slaton who is a little shifty, can catch out of the backfield, is dangerous when he gets to the edge. In other words, the type of running back the Pats can sometimes struggle against. What else do they have? They have a wr who can catch the ball all over the field in Andre Johnson, a great possession wr in Kevin Walter, and a very good te in Owen Daniels. They also have an up and coming defense that I figure to be much improved this year. The thing that scares me about this offense is they don't seem to have one guy they rely to much on. Sure, you can say you think it's Andre, but there were times last year when he didn't do much and Daniels and Walter both stepped it up big time.
Week 4 at Jax:
Andre: 3 catches, 38 yards
Daniels: 7 catches, 87 yards
Walter: 8 catches, 76 yards, 2 tds
en route to putting up 27 points (yes, I know it was a loss, but still)
Another thing to note is that Schaub was banged up yet again last year. If the guy stays healthy they have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs.
The Pats defense plays its best when they can shut down one aspect of a team's offense and trust that the rest of the offense won't be able to step it up enough to put points on the board. Something tells me this one could be an offensive battle.

I like your optimism, I wish I was that way. It'd save me lots of Rolaids and pacing.

This is if Brady is Brady and the Pats can get a pass rush. I honestly can't look at any team on the schedule and say this is a game the Pats could lose. No team has improved themselves better than the Pats in free agency. Nobody has a ton of early draft picks like the Pats. If the Pats get Peppers and get some draft picks on defense, it's light's out.

Last edited:
#1 @Colts
#2 Titans
#3 Ravens

This is if Brady is Brady and the Pats can get a pass rush. I honestly can't look at any team on the schedule and say this is a game the Pats could lose. No team has improved themselves better than the Pats in free agency. Nobody has a ton of early draft picks like the Pats. If the Pats get Peppers and get some draft picks on defense, it's light's out.

We could also use a FB who can push the pile and can also block well or we can hope that Chris Baker can block as well as his resume or draft a good blocking TE late on day two.

I disagree about the Titans. I think they are going to fall back to Earth this year. That was a pretenders team last year and they just lost their best player. They are not a better team than the Colts, and its not even close.
No, they weren't a pretender last year. They were great.

I do agree that they lost their best player, and they're going to be worse.

I'm curious: Why do you guys see the Denver game as a tough one. I know it's on the road and against a former coach who knows the team well, but they got a worse team imo than last year, with the loss of Cutler. It's also already in week 5 so mcd might not yet have his team under control by then.

I agree with that.

I see Denver as a complete blow out. They were bad last year, and they lost their best player. The new draft picks will help, but not by week 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back