PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WFAN: Jets 'close" to signing Lynch (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lynch must belive he is still a full time starter, with NE believing he is a situational player at this stage of his career.

I would love to know the Jets salary cap at this point and how Lynch will look playing full time inthe backfield for NYJ.

Last edited:
Re: WFAN Reporting Jets 'Close" To Signing Lynch

owww...i wwould hate to be the jets front office in the future....those guys need to get out while they still can

Last edited:

According to this site, it's $1,164,429. I had thought it was less than that, well under $1mil after the Favre signing and Pennington release.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

Hopefully if he does sign for a larger role he won't stand out; not that I dislike him, but he's poised to make Bill look very stupid here if he excels.

Good for them. The Broncos released him for a reason. I was surprised that we picked him up. If the Jets get him, good for them obviously he thinks that he can still be a full time player and they feel the same. He has to do what's best for his career. I'm still trying to figure out why the Pats cut him in the first place.

Hopefully if he does sign for a larger role he won't stand out; not that I dislike him, but he's poised to make Bill look very stupid here if he excels.

How? He would be our fourth safety. It's not like Lawyer Milloy where he was the #1 guy and got cut.
Considering the only way Lynch would sign there is if he had a fairly big role. And to be quite honest, from a Patriots perspective, I'd be very happy if the Jets threw a lot of money at him and put him out there next to Rhodes.

Lynch must belive he is still a full time starter, with NE believing he is a situational player at this stage of his career.

I would love to know the Jets salary cap at this point and how Lynch will look playing full time inthe backfield for NYJ.

I can't blame him for making that move if the Jets are offering FT starter. Personally I thought he would look better in situational plays and in that regard I liked having him back there. It'll be interesting to see how he fares full time.

This whole thing with the Jets is just mind boggling sometimes LOL

If the Jets are only 1.5 million or so under the cap how can they sign him considering we signed him at around that price?

Having a cap that low would make it nearly impossible to sign replacements in case of injuries during the season.

How would this work?

If the Jets are only 1.5 million or so under the cap how can they sign him considering we signed him at around that price?

Having a cap that low would make it nearly impossible to sign replacements in case of injuries during the season.

How would this work?

With any luck, it won't, and the Jets will be scrambling cap wise with an under .500 teams :D

How would this work?

Who cares? If they want to spend all of their cap space, more power to them. If they have injuries and they don't have the cap room for replacements, GOOD FOR US!

How? He would be our fourth safety. It's not like Lawyer Milloy where he was the #1 guy and got cut.
Considering the only way Lynch would sign there is if he had a fairly big role. And to be quite honest, from a Patriots perspective, I'd be very happy if the Jets threw a lot of money at him and put him out there next to Rhodes.

He's a guy that we decided wasn't worth the money him and the club had already agreed upon, which wasn't nearly as much as what Lawyer was looking for. If he goes to one of our primary rivals and does really well it'll be obvious we should've kept him.

Who cares? If they want to spend all of their cap space, more power to them. If they have injuries and they don't have the cap room for replacements, GOOD FOR US!

But thats not my point. how would they sign replacements? Would they be penalized aka a fine if they go over the cap will it count against next years cap?

What happens?

I think all of us have been pretty consistent that Lynch's abillity to run - and therefore to be the starter - is significantly compropmised

If he's a starter I think we'd be able to take advantage of that.

As a role player I think he can help teams - the guarantee of his salary however might be just as important to whatever promises are made to him about playing time - MangIdiot can't be trusted but if he's on the roster after the first game that doesn't matter.

I still think he signs with the Patriots. Lynch has said he likes how the Pats utilize their vets, and there was probably an agreement here that they would re-sign him after Week 1.

Lynch has always played very well against the Patriots. Mangini saw this during his time with the Patriots. It would not shock me to see Mangini sign him.

frankly..this sucks...he is with for us for 3 weeks and signs with jets before we play them...
our roster moves have been interesting to say the least.

Imagine Pociask catching a pass down the middle and outrunning Lynch to the end zone in week two. I'd pay money to see that happen.

I spoke to someone at scout.com about the release of Lynch. He told me that the problem with Lynch was that he was Very Slow in Coverage. He didn't quite look up to speed in space, but he was tough against the run.
He had trouble disguising his coverage. The 23-yard DeSean Jackson play was one that should have been stopped short, but then there was a 21-yard L smith play and a 12 yard pass over the middle. It was Lynch's job to stop those. Take it for what it's worth. Like I said before, Shanahan cut him for a reason. Maybe his weak coverage skills were the reason. He was good in run support, but weak in coverage.
I would have to go back and watch the game. I didn't really focus on him that much. Can anyone confirm this?

The person that I spoke to also said that the Law camp has stopped TALKING. Again, FWIW.

Thanks, DR/LPF. I think we all knew he was slow - and he had a few missed tackles in the NYG game. I'm OK on this either way, my preferance would be to let him go in favor of some younger player. But as a security blanket in case of injury he's OK to have on the roster although I doubt he'd want that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back