Welcome to PatsFans.com

We've Been Neo-Conned!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Jan 31, 2010.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

As someone who voted for Ron Paul...in 1988--my best vote ever--I want the Republicans to succeed by reducing spending and government size and scope. We've Been Neo-Conned by Rep. Ron Paul

The tide is now, for the time being, on their side. But if they screw up like they did last time by being a bridge to nowhere they'll be booted out just as surely as I'm sitting here in my pajamas.

The great Ron Paul writes:
    I agree with Martin Gross's new book, National Suicide: How Washington Is Destroying the American Dream

I hope the Tea Bag Movement can make the Republican Party less Neo-Con or Country Club Lite. And more conservative. And that means saying a simple word that politicians have a great deal of difficulty in saying: No.
  2. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The republicans haven't tried to reduce spending, or government size and scope in about 30 years.

Today's republican party is neither fiscally conservative, nor for small government.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

The Republican Party has and is complicit with the economic downturn.. there is plenty of blame to go around..
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yeah, and Barney Frank, obama and the other lame brains who messed with the natural order of being able to afford what you buy had NOTHING at all to do with it :bricks:
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

Of course the pubbies have spent far too much even now some would like to do an Obamacare lite and be bipartisan. Hopefully the Tea Party people can help nominate and elect people who will work a reduction in the size and scope of government and a return to free markets which we have not had for many years. THis should happen at ALL levels of government.

This year Obama is going to push for a budget 6% LARGER than last years monstrosity, remember that the spending was 'temporary' well forget it the greedy scum wants to spend even more.
  6. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ron Paul is against imperialism and hegemony. You wouldn't like him.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

complicit does not equal completely responsible for the economic downturn...
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So now even the Neo-Cons themselves are blaming the Neo-cons? Everything was hunky-dory when you were getting your tax cuts for the super rich, unnecessary war in Iraq and all those minorities were drowning in New Orleans, but now that its time to pay the piper for your actions its:

"What me? I was against those guys from the very beginning!"

Priceless.
  9. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't think you can accurately put Ron Paul in the "Neo-Con" group. I am a Ron Paul Republican, and I detest the NeoCons. Those who follow the true ideals of the republican party ( ala Ron Paul ) and follow the constitution to the letter, are the ones who will save this country from it's death spiral it is in right now.
  10. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

republicans and democrats are one of the same - they're all bought out, and the MSM just puts on this professional wrestling show which is this fake left/right paradigm debate.

Watch the Jesse Ventura "Conspiracy Theory" episode on secret societies, this really brings alot of insight to alot of things.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

What's wrong with imperialism? It's what made us a great nation.

Do you eat granola and hang with the green peacer's?
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Imperialism is the root of the troubles in the Mideast, and has allowed countries like Haiti to exist.. personally like the Crusade thing:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well sure, its easy to detest the Neo-cons today; but where were you in 2000 when your supposed hatred of them could have done some good? What about 2004 when any idiot could have seen how things were going? Why am I near certain that guys like you and State had giant W stickers on your bumpers back then and only now want to pretend like time went directly from 2000 to 2010?

I've known people who've been carrying on about Ron Paul since the mid 90's. You new, sudden 'followers' simply don't act like them. You act like you're trying to pretend that Bush didn't happen.

14. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Have a week? The examples of answers to that question are vast.

No.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,031 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

So ... do you like your NY System wieners all the way. :confused2:

Granola ... :rofl: ... I like granola PR ... is granola political?

Don't mind me ... I'm just kind of bored tonight. :confused3:
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Unfortunately just about everything is political.. some things are what they are, but people want them to be something that they are not..see granola.