PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes's only complaint about Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
His arm is too strong and throws the ball too hard on the short passes.

Is this from something like an interview, or are you just saying it?

Seriously, his pass into the EZ that was tipped away Sunday is symptomatic of that. Needed to loft the ball like Brady did in the 1st SB or Favre did for his TD pass. Touch. Matt threw it like Bledsoe.

His arm is too strong and throws the ball too hard on the short passes.
Thats what I was yelling at him,err the TV Sunday "stop throwing the ball so damn hard" on short routes.
But that was the knock on him he always throws it hard. He has to learn to put touch on the ball.

Last edited:
There are worse problems for your QB to have.

Such as being Tarvaris Jackson.

Ouch.

Yeah, I can see that being an issue, but the upside is, I imagine that it could equal less interceptions, too, if the guys get used to it. Dunno, I suppose it takes a while to get in game shape.

Matt Cassel has a cannon.

He played only one season of college ball and was drafted to pitch.

His two brothers are pitchers in pro baseball

Yeah like having NO arm......did I hear Pennington? I think jacksons got it over Penny as far as being bad. At least Chad can make good decisions.

You would think that would be easy to overcome. The good thing is that he can fling it out to the sidelines (ala Brady). I think the early bye will help in his development. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the three games after the bye.

I know Farve has some serious zipp on the ball, have his receivers been to said to have liked that because it got to them faster and they could produce more YAC or was it hard enough that they disliked it

You would think that would be easy to overcome. The good thing is that he can fling it out to the sidelines (ala Brady). I think the early bye will help in his development. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the three games after the bye.

and you would be wrong. Look at the Bledsoe era and the dreaded screen pass.

Matt Cassel has a cannon.

He played only one season of college ball and was drafted to pitch.

His two brothers are pitchers in pro baseball

He might have a cannon, but it wasn't evident during the one deep pass he threw to Moss. That was a sure TD.

He might have a cannon, but it wasn't evident during the one deep pass he threw to Moss. That was a sure TD.

Regardless, Moss should've come down with the ball. They BOTH blew opportunities on that play.

don't remind me about that :rolleyes:

It was a bummer, but it's not like he's the first guy to underthrow Moss.

if i were matt cassel and i was being watched by thousands of people, waiting for me to throw a slow ball for the defense to catch, i'd throw it hard every pass too.

here's something to worry about:

if cassel throws hard every pass every game for the rest of his first nfl season as a starter, will his arm give out on us?

nah. go matt.

Regardless, Moss should've come down with the ball. They BOTH blew opportunities on that play.

Agreed however, Cassel needs to have confidence in Moss's ability to track the ball down and throw it out in front of him on plays like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes