wes welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah he looks fast on that return.

heh just noticed at the beginning of that clip it says

Raiders Randy Moss - Groin/Ribs

Last edited:
Bethel. Johnson. Indy. Breathe.

I'm not sure it's been mentioned already but there has been lots of talk about Welker as a kick returner in isolation. Meaning much of the discussion has been centered on his capabilities alone.

What I'm more excited about is the possibility of putting Wes and Maroney in at the same time. Now, there is no obvious person the other team would want to kick it to.

I'm not sure it's been mentioned already but there has been lots of talk about Welker as a kick returner in isolation. Meaning much of the discussion has been centered on his capabilities alone.

What I'm more excited about is the possibility of putting Wes and Maroney in at the same time. Now, there is no obvious person the other team would want to kick it to.
Hobbs was also lights out when he replaced Maroney back there. One things first sure we have options back there this year.

maroney is not gonna be returning kicks anymore, or at least very few. you dont put your starting RB in on special teams return to get tired or potentially hurt. im guessing it will be hobbs and welker on kick returns.

maroney is not gonna be returning kicks anymore, or at least very few. you dont put your starting RB in on special teams return to get tired or potentially hurt. im guessing it will be hobbs and welker on kick returns.

Believe you just nailed one of the prime reasons Welker was signed. Maroney took one for the team last year returning kickoffs. Given the need to keep him fresh, and his role as primary back this season, it's important to relieve him of his kickoff duties.

Welker fits so well as one of the team's returners (punts and kicks) and as a slot receiver who is quick in his cuts, fearless over the middle, and incredibly hard to cover. Having a player like him mixed with the other receivers provides the variety that Brady will come to love and that will drive defenses crazy. Given some of the negative posts recently about Welker, I think it's important to really look at the role he will play for the team. If people assumed that he was acquired to simply be a #1 or #2 WR, they are gravely mistaken. Given the subsequent acquisitions of Stallworth and Washington, the plan for the passing game is now revealed and potentially brilliant.

Welker had a bad kick return average last year. I don't see how you can argue that.

Welker had a bad kick return average last year. I don't see how you can argue that.

Here's my argument: he was on the Dolphins.

CASUALTIES: Whomever happens to get in their way and it stinks to be them! MUHAHAHAHA

that would be the pats

Bethel. Johnson. Indy. Breathe.
:confused:

Welker has already proven to be a much better player than Bethel. The fact that Bethel has had a couple of plays which were as good as this has nothing to do with how good Welker may or may not be.

Bethel had a few good plays and otherwise sucked. Welker has had a few good plays and otherwise not sucked.

Can't argue it. But that doesn't mean it was his fault or that he's not a good returner.

you think Bethel was, wait until you see Welker in your teams jersey, he is awesome, definately a fan fav, he will be loved in NE

wes wont be like this:

Newly signed by the Patriots, receiver Donté Stallworth said he had no problems with the Eagles' coaching staff last season. He added that he realized his off-the-field approach had to change after some veteran players told him it was creating a perception that he didn't care.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

CASUALTIES: Whomever happens to get in their way and it stinks to be them! MUHAHAHAHA

that would be the pats

I'm pretty sure there's a rule that says: no fan of a 6-10 team may talk smack about a team that went 14-5 and was a first down away from the Superbowl while in a rebuilding year.

It's called the Cleo Culpepper Rule.

wes wont be like this:

Newly signed by the Patriots, receiver Donté Stallworth said he had no problems with the Eagles' coaching staff last season. He added that he realized his off-the-field approach had to change after some veteran players told him it was creating a perception that he didn't care.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer
:confused:

There were no indications Stallworth had any problems with Philly last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes