PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Patriots have just announced that Wes Welker has suffered a rib injury. His return is questionable.

Last edited:
This is a lousy thread to wake up to. How bad did it look?

He got back up about 3 seconds after and walked off by himself, kind of slowly though.

Certainly looked like it hurt.

He got back up about 3 seconds after and walked off by himself, kind of slowly though.

Thanks. He looks fine in your sig, though, so that's good.

This is a lousy thread to wake up to. How bad did it look?

Stayed on hands & knees for a couple of seconds then walked off slowly. Stupid play to get hurt on. Caught a punt with only about 2 ft. between him & the sideline & tried to run with it. Should have let it go out of bounds or just caught it & gone sideways out of bounds.

I am worried on reading Reiss' blog that Wes slammed the helmet in the ground (not sure whether this was as he was being examined). Pray that it is more in frustuation and that there is no long term impact. :eek:

Welker hurt

Welker hurts ribs on 3rd quater punt return WTF

This is probly goin to be a lingering injury now...:mad:
These GD pre-season scrimmages: week 1 - Tank; week 2 - Brandon M; week 3 - Welker. 3 pretty important guys.

Man, I was hoping it was just the wind knocked out of him...

probably will return for the season opener, i hope.

I am worried on reading Reiss' blog that Wes slammed the helmet in the ground (not sure whether this was as he was being examined). Pray that it is more in frustuation and that there is no long term impact. :eek:

That's a good sign. If it was a real severe rib injury, the last thing he'd want to do is slam something to the ground. (IMO having broken a few ribs in an accident).

Just got back from the movies and read this.

Freakin A!!!!

how did he manage to have a broken rib? I hope he will be back in the next 2 weeks.

Rib injuries suck. IT's the kind of injury that welker will be forced to play through and will linger at least 3-4 weeks if its anything like the rib injuries I've had.

I gotta question why a key player like Welker is returning punts in meaningless preseason games. Are the coaches trying to evaluate him? Is he not confident enough that he should need preseason reps? Hard to believe...

I gotta question why a key player like Welker is returning punts in meaningless preseason games. Are the coaches trying to evaluate him? Is he not confident enough that he should need preseason reps? Hard to believe...

That's what I was thinking. Infuriating.

wont play vs ny but will start vs kc

Rib injuries suck. IT's the kind of injury that welker will be forced to play through and will linger at least 3-4 weeks if its anything like the rib injuries I've had.

I followed his career at Texas Tech, and from what I know about him, that would be my guess--that having missed pretty much all of training camp, that he lobbied the coaches for more game-speed action on punt returns. Plus, he's just a gamer, pure and simple. You'd think BB is the one who makes the final decision on when and in what situation Welker returns kicks, but who knows how this works in a PS game?

Welker stepped up and literally saved the Pats' asses in more than a couple of games last year and was probably the second most valuable player on the team. And he was expected to be an even bigger part of the O this season.
Hopefully he'll be okay. As was mentioned before, he's a tough SOB and will play hurt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye