PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker: "You know..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's reminiscent of Big Papi.

Reporter: How do you feel about winning a second WS ring.
Ortiz: Well, let me tell you.....

I understand how some guys say it just to buy some time (like Papi) to think about answering the question instead of standing there, not talking and looking weird-- but this is way different.

He really says "you know" just about every other word, not just before he goes onto answer the question and to buy him some time to think about how he'll answer the question.

I think that has more to do with Papi mentally translating the question and answer, than anything else.

Serioulsy, You know, it is really nothing we should be talking about. As long as he ius leading the team in receptions, you know, I could care less how, or if, he talks!

I think that has more to do with Papi mentally translating the question and answer, than anything else.

Serioulsy, You know, it is really nothing we should be talking about. As long as he ius leading the team in receptions, you know, I could care less how, or if, he talks!

I agree. Would it be different if he stuttered or had another speech impediment? He gets paid to catch footballs, I could care less what he sounds like.

I've seen two postgame press conferences (Dallas game and tonight) with Wes Welker and has anyone noticed how he can't carry on a conversation without saying "you know.." every 5 seconds? I believe I had him at either 11 or 13 "you know's" against Dallas and he had 9 more tonight.

Has anyone else seen this and found it hilarious? It really shouldn't be that funny but whenever I see him being interviewed I can't stop laughing at how many times he says that.

...well, seeing that he is Troy Brown's "replacement" he may as well talk like Troy too. ;)

Sounds like a Beavis and Butthead conversation listening to some sportsmen talking. "uhhhh, yeah, uhh, we played well, uhhh..."

Actually, there are MANY people who do this...

it seems like "you know...", "uhmmm...", "uhhhh..." are segways...

The worst is Jerry Rice. He used to be on Sirius NFL Radio during weeknights quite a bit, but I think enough people complained about him to get him off the air. He had to say "you know...", "uhmmm...", "uhhhh..." at least five times in one sentence. He also had a hard time remembering players names although I'm not sure if he even knew who they were in the first place. It's a bit sad for me, as when I was a little kid Rice was one of my favorite players. Ohh well, some are cut out for the business and some aren't.

They can't all be Tom Brady. At least we have nobody on Vince Young's level, that guy is dumber than a goat.

Your apologies to goats, of course.

Seriously, goats are not dumb.

While on this topic, though it doesn't bother me, Vince Wilfork's constant "point blank" is another conversational tic that's hard to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes