PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker suspended 4 games

But the Belichick-Welker relationship was already pretty cold, which never made sense to me.

Other than the Rex Ryan foot talk, he seemed a Belichick type player in every way. Maybe BB heard something about drug use. You probably don't just start popping Molly as a 33 year old.

There was also the 'somtimes it's nice to stick it to Bill' comment on the radio in the middle of the contract dispute.

Last edited:
Honestly, this is nothing compared to the Broncos tainted Super Bowl wins - during which they were cheating on the Salary Cap to be able to keep Elway on the team - resulting in what I believe is STILL the record monetary fine in the NFL

Still, I guess this means that all his Super Bowl and playoff drops may now have an asterisk next to them

53988963.jpg

53989073.jpg

Now post some lolcats

No but really please stop all of those image macros are dumb

Bwk2A7KIAAAlxZ-.png:large

Obviously he wasn't trying to gain a competitive edge with molly. But the fact of the matter is he used a banned substance and got caught.

MRD doing the lawd's work linking these images.

I don't like the idea of Wes Welker getting banned for something he did at an event he attended with his friend Tom Brady.

Still, I'd be extremely surprised if Brady had any recreational-drug issues. If Tom ever gets busted for a substance, it will be for something he definitely believes is advantageous. And frankly, even that would mildly surprise me. Notwithstanding his oddly rapid strength gains early in his career, I suspect that at this point in his life he's proceeding as a straight arrow, and what happens happens.

Why? We know nothing about these people's lives other than how they choose to portray themselves. Some of them are probably authentic and some of them are probably a complete facade and some are probably lacking the savvy to cultivate a fake media persona.

Believing that you can tell the difference is highly naive, imo.

When did Welker develop a fake media persona? He's ALWAYS openly been a jerk. This is Wes "you f'n suck!" Welker we're talking about here. Wes "you just gotta put your toe in the water" Welker. I know someone who met Julian Edelman at a bar in the Bay Area and Edelman said (paraphrasing) that Welker is a Grade A d-----.

When Wes left the building, Wes left the building. No real need to ask whether not resigning him was a good thing or a bad thing. No more so than asking if trading/releasing Ryan Mallett was a good thing.

For some it may depend upon what Amendola does. Will he even be able to play as many games as Wes will?

Furthermore, what's going on with the Broncos? Guys like Prater and Welker are getting four game suspensions. Just seems like something isn't right.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Just kick back and enjoy.

I should put a hit out on you for that crack...lucky for you, I like you...(or maybe unlucky for you...:eek:)

Suspended for amphetamines plus the three concussions? Clearly not worth the money, considering how well Edelman has done. I've been saying it for a long time, Welker would not be good without a great QB. This is one more reason Bill found him expendable.
As so many have said, he likely wouldn't have gotten the concussions playing here instead of playing with Manning.

Suspended for amphetamines plus the three concussions? Clearly not worth the money, considering how well Edelman has done. I've been saying it for a long time, Welker would not be good without a great QB. This is one more reason Bill found him expendable.

So do you think the Patriots were right or wrong to offer him almost as much money as Denver did?

Here's the Denver Post article with the Wes "Wekler" quotes:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26454229/wes-welker-suspended-4-games-taking-banned-substance

He appealed the decision two weeks ago and lost the appeal today.

Yeah, as much as we're all kidding around, it should be noted that we have no idea what really happened.

The Kentucky Derby reports may very well be totally false. He may have just had a good alcohol buzz on at the time, hanging out with friends.

I don't particularly care for some of Wes' attitude, but that's totally irrelevant to this discussion.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back