PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker suspended 4 games

That's a nice hunk of change Wes.:eek:

Someone with graphic design skills needs to get Wes in on this clip with Terry Crews.

Could this be the "year too early rather than a year too late" theory at work?
No.The Pats put a better offer out there than what DEN offered. WW's agent stalled. The Pats signed Amendola and WW went to Denver for less money.

IE..BB got lucky

Wait.... Do you think he's related to Jack Welker? That would explain the easy access to amphetamines.

Maybe Welker came here because he thought B.B. stood for Breaking Bad.... Not Bill Belichick.

@DougKyedNESN: Ah. RT @ProFootballTalk: Source: Welker took Molly at the Kentucky Derby. It had been cut with amphetamines.

Not sure why he would take molly at the Kentucky Derby of all places. But that race must have been really intense for him.

- On May 13, 2014 former Florida wide receiver Reche Caldwell was arrested for possession of the drug MDMA, commonly known as "Molly" with the intent to distribute. Authorities found nearly 5 pounds of the drug.

(Molly btw for us older farts is very similar to the drug Ecstasy. Joker, Ecstasy is like an upper).

Mmm.. has anyone looked into the possibility that Molly causes weird-eye?

tumblr_lq10lk6Waq1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

It does. It also makes you grind your teeth a lot which might be the reason why he bites down on that mouth piece so hard.

No.The Pats put a better offer out there than what DEN offered. WW's agent stalled. The Pats signed Amendola and WW went to Denver for less money.

IE..BB got lucky

The offer that DEN gave him was 2 yrs = 12 million.

The offer that NE gave him was 2 yrs = 10 million.

While the first year guaranteed money was more here in NE, the contract itself was not valued higher--which is what you seem to be suggesting. Denver gave him more money. Actually 2 million dollars more.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the nfl uses a panel test or gas chromatography?

Regardless, I ain't buying the amphetamines (Ritalin/Adderal/Dexedrine) thing. When you consume a methamphetamine it breaks down into an amphetamine after time. It's kind of like pre employment drug tests for marijuana, the thc is in your system only a short period of time but the test picks up the metabolites of marijuana/thc. Basically the thc gets digested and the thc waste product is the metabolite they are testing for.

In ww's case, the MDMA gets metabolized into amphetamines and that might be what popped on his drug screen as amphetamines a couple of days after the Kentucky derby.

Hard drugs only stay in your system for a work week tops unless you have ruined your internal organs doing hard drugs habitually.

If what they are reporting is true it is very easy for me to believe that he took ecstasy at the derby and he got popped for amphetamines.

I find it hard to believe that Wes, doing what he loves and what gets him paid millions, needs to be poppin adderall to get motivated to do strength and conditioning in the off season when he's been at the top of his game for years.

There might have been speed in that powder or pill he ate but wes ate some ecstasy in his down time as I see it.

The Welker situation has moved away from sports talk and into the realm of "sad human situation."

I hope he takes care of himself and gets the help he needs. I hope his family, his teammates and the Broncos' management can work with him to help him make some tough decisions.

lmao he was taking Molly at the Kentuckey Derby and won $57,000 and was handing out $100 to everyone within reach. You really can't hate this guy.

If he had hit molly instead of taking it he would have gotten less of a suspension.

The offer that DEN gave him was 2 yrs = 12 million.

The offer that NE gave him was 2 yrs = 10 million.

While the first year guaranteed money was more here in NE, the contract itself was not valued higher--which is what you seem to be suggesting. Denver gave him more money. Actually 2 millions dollars more.
I'm pretty sure the Patriots offer included incentives at production levels much lower than what he was putting up here, which would have made it higher than what he got in Denver.

i'm not sure why welker is still getting so much love here. he cost us a super bowl.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume your use of a gif that has a WHELK playing the hi hat was intentional.
Well done, sir.

In all seriousness, this story is pretty crazy. When that tweet was first posted, I was looking for a WTF button.

I took the very unpopular position of "eff" Welker the day he signed with Denver and that moonheaded Goober. He never gave a sh!t for any of us, and now that he's hit the floor with this drug suspension he can rot in a freakin' sewer for all I care.

Holy smokes, would never have seen that coming honestly

Why? We know nothing about these people's lives other than how they choose to portray themselves. Some of them are probably authentic and some of them are probably a complete facade and some are probably lacking the savvy to cultivate a fake media persona.

Believing that you can tell the difference is highly naive, imo.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back