PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker suspended 4 games

No doubt that some of the banned substances have some potential effects that can be deemed as positive. Of course, it's the obvious negatives such as.....killing people, that have people's attention ;)

Folks that are going out and getting dehydrated because they are drinking a lot of alcohol, sweating a lot, and not drinking water.....That even has happened at training camp.

Go look at a brain scan of a MDMA user and tell me it's worth it because it gives someone a woody.

It is rare that somebody takes mdma often enough to have severe affects on their brain. The hangover is brutal.

It is rare that somebody takes mdma often enough to have severe affects on their brain. The hangover is brutal.
Agreed. The next day can be rough.

Look at my first post. I stated that long term, heavy use has severe negative effects. I was simply countering the propaganda being spouted by people who really don't know what they are talking about. By itself, though, MDMA doesn't kill healthy people. It is the combination with other drugs that can be deadly.

I'm just joking around, man. I didn't mean to insinuate that you weren't correct or didn't know what you were talking about.

Like I said, I think all of the substances have some positives--but the negatives are often far too severe to outweigh them. There are exceptions, just like anything else.

In the case of "mixing drugs," many are already mixing substances automatically right off the bat when they ingest molly/ecstasy, so that's an important factor for all to keep in mind. I do agree with you that the majority of overdoses occur to those who mix substances, but in the case of MDMA, there is often amphetamine in the crystallized powder + pill form; therefore, they are doing exactly what you're warning against.

In the case of molly (often a purer form of MDMA, although many times still contains cut) vs ecstasy, many seem to think that there isn't any filler involved in molly, but that's not always the case at all. Both will have cut/filler which can mean that you're taking multiple substances right off the bat.

Last edited:
Hadn't heard of the vinegar, but besides the drinking of a lot of water - and ensuring that I had taken a piss at least once already that day - I used mixes of salt & salt/tetracycline to help pass pee-pee tests during the peace-time 1980s while Swinging With The (Marine Corps Air) Wing. It also helped that I was
a Welterweight back then.

I think someone got the water/vinegar idea from a nurse who used to test welfare recipients. The nurse knew that many of the people were users so she asked one of them one day how they all kept passing the tests.

I still don't understand why NFL players are randomly tested for pot. Meanwhile, at least the last time I checked, cops and the firefighters don't get tested except to get the job. That makes no sense.

If many thought the cork soaking of Peyton was bad last year, it's only going to get worse this season...

I heard that P6 went home after the SB loss, sat down in his easy chair, where his wife came up to him, sat on his lap, gave him a big smooch and asked "why the long face dear?"

Peyton gets special treatment because he's a part of NFL royalty. It's the same reason that his tea-bagging of an unsuspecting female trainer at Tennessee get's ignored.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back