PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker suspended 4 games

If many thought the cork soaking of Peyton was bad last year, it's only going to get worse this season...

I do find it amazing that P. Manning is teflon with the media when it comes to playoff predictions. His team loses at home in the divisional round (again) 2 years ago and you hear "Just hand them the Lombardi" the next September. The Broncos suffer one of the most embarrassing SB loses last year and it's "16-0 and SB champs" this year.

Would it be so outrageous for someone prominent to say, "He'll have a great regular season and make the playoffs, but, based on his track record, I don't know if he'll go that far in the post season."

Why is it ridiculous? People use recreational drugs in all sorts of ways and this would seem to fall in line with that. Now, if you're saying that it's ridiculous because the Derby is an awful place to roll your face off at, then I definitely agree. It's hot, you have to wear a suit, and there aren't any beat drops or lasers. But to each his own, I guess.

chappelle-robot.gif

After smoking weed for how long a test can detect the use? A friend of mine is asking.

It all depends on the cut off point in the specific test. Employment tests are a bit different from probation tests---which are a bit different from the surprisingly strict (IMO) very low cut off point that occurred in the case of Josh Gordon.

Bottom line, I have passed tests in a bit over a week (8 days) while being a chronic weed smoker back in the day 10-12 yrs ago, but I would think that something around 15-20 days would be sufficient just to be safe. There are rare cases that show up 25 days later, even up to 30 days--but it is very rare.

For a one time use, he would most likely be alright after 10 days, maybe 14 at the most--unless he's significantly large with a good amount of fatty tissue. Again, I'd err on the side of caution though, and try and throw in an extra week just for good measure if possible.

If you're the sort of person to take Molly...you would probably try it just about anywhere.

What did you do at the Kentucky derby? Oh just trip my balls off on that Molly son.

Would it be so outrageous for someone prominent to say, "He'll have a great regular season and make the playoffs, but, based on his track record, I don't know if he'll go that far in the post season."

Actually, some guy named Booger on Sirius NFL radio did say that last week.

It all depends on the cut off point in the specific test. Employment tests are a bit different from probation tests---which are a bit different from the surprisingly strict (IMO) very low cut off point that occurred in the case of Josh Gordon.

Bottom line, I have passed tests in a bit over a week (8 days) while being a chronic weed smoker back in the day 10-12 yrs ago, but I would think that something around 15-20 days would be sufficient just to be safe. There are rare cases that show up 25 days later, even up to 30 days--but it is very rare.

For a one time use, he would most likely be alright after 10 days, maybe 14 at the most--unless he's significantly large with a good amount of fatty tissue. Again, I'd err on the side of caution though, and try and throw in an extra week just for good measure if possible.

Back in my working days we had a few guys who were regular pot smokers, and they all regularly passed piss tests by drinking lots of water mixed with just a little white distilled vinegar. The two failures we had were due to cocaine use.

If you're the sort of person to take Molly...you would probably try it just about anywhere.

What did you do at the Kentucky derby? Oh just trip my balls off on that Molly son.

I disagree completely.

I do find it amazing that P. Manning is teflon with the media when it comes to playoff predictions. His team loses at home in the divisional round (again) 2 years ago and you hear "Just hand them the Lombardi" the next September. The Broncos suffer one of the most embarrassing SB loses last year and it's "16-0 and SB champs" this year.

It's so true and I ***** about it every single season.

How can someone call themselves an expert and get away with that?
Like Steven A. Smith said on First Take the day after the Superbowl, "We all respect Peyton Manning, but I don't want to even hear anymore of the GOAT talk after last night."

Papa John's just came up with a new exciting pizza....seems Moonhead was playing around in the kitchen tossing the dough for a pizza...he threw it up in the air and it came back down on his head, covering it completely....thus was born....

THE MEATHEAD

o-PEYTON-MANNING-PIZZA-facebook.jpg

Been to many meth labs? Yeah "sanitary" is not the word I would use for them. If you think the people making this stuff are any different, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you! The rich get there drugs from the same place, they just use a middle man to buy it. The Chinese have taken to importing MDMA in large quantities. So the same people who have included things like rat droppings, etc in baby food, are now making your MDMA! I'm sure that they are using the finest health and safety quality inspectors at those facilities too!

You have already convinced yourself that it is OK, that's fine and dandy, just don't think for a minute, that MDMA (or the people profiting from making it) are making anyone's life better.
I've never seen any meth labs specifically, but that's not a very good comparison. Meth is an extremely addictive drug that leads to a rapid, downward spiral. Just about every customer is a degenerate junkie.

I know for a fact there are chemists who who work through celebrity "agents" who supply their famous clientele with high quality "designer" drugs. Sure that doesn't represent the "average" supplier of such things, but it proves your statements as a gross over-generalization.

Many of those who manufacture designer drugs use some shady "ingredients" and practices. The smart ones who want a steady stream of business produce a quality product. For the record, I never claimed that drug dealers are trying to better people's lives. That said, some of the researches using such substances truly are. MDMA is extremely effective at treating a variety marital/intimacy problems. Look it up.

Last edited:
This guy would not sell to degenerate junkies. Look at him.
Walter+White.jpg

Back in my working days we had a few guys who were regular pot smokers, and they all regularly passed piss tests by drinking lots of water mixed with just a little white distilled vinegar. The two failures we had were due to cocaine use.

Hadn't heard of the vinegar, but besides the drinking of a lot of water - and ensuring that I had taken a piss at least once already that day - I used mixes of salt & salt/tetracycline to help pass pee-pee tests during the peace-time 1980s while Swinging With The (Marine Corps Air) Wing. It also helped that I was
a Welterweight back then.

MDMA is extremely effective at treating a variety marital/intimacy problems.

No doubt that some of the banned substances have some potential effects that can be deemed as positive. Of course, it's the obvious negatives such as.....killing people, that have people's attention ;)

I've never seen any meth labs specifically, but that's not a very good comparison. Meth is an extremely addictive drug that leads to a rapid, downward spiral. Just about every customer is a degenerate junkie.

I know for a fact there are chemists who who work through celebrity "agents" who supply their famous clientele with high quality "designer" drugs. Sure that doesn't represent the "average" supplier of such things, but it proves your statements as a gross over-generalization.

Many of those who manufacture designer drugs use some shady "ingredients" and practices. The smart ones who want a steady stream of business produce a quality product. For the record, I never claimed that drug dealers are trying to better people's lives. That said, some of the researches using such substances truly are. MDMA is extremely effective at treating a variety marital/intimacy problems. Look it up.

Go look at a brain scan of a MDMA user and tell me it's worth it because it gives someone a woody.

Molly - Pure, but Not So Simple - NYTimes.com

"Molly is not new, exactly. MDMA, or 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine, was patented by Merck pharmaceuticals in 1914 and did not make much news until the 1970s, when psychotherapists began giving it to patients to get them to open up. It arrived at New York nightclubs in the late 1980s, and by the early ’90s it became the preferred drug at raves at Limelight and Shelter, where a weekly party called NASA later served as a backdrop in Larry Clark’s movie “Kids.”

MDMA hit the hippie scene in late 69....I was a freshman at B.U. It came in dark red squares about the size of a jujube.

You take this stuff to get the sustained orgasm feeling. It has zero application for any sport. If you took this before a football game you'd never hit anybody or anything, but you'd probably get a cheerleader audition.

Go look at a brain scan of a MDMA user and tell me it's worth it because it gives someone a woody.
I have. You are talking about long term, heavy use. Prolonged use can really screw up emotional reactions and control. In my limited experience, it doesn't aid in "giving a woody". It increases empathy dramatically and has a profound effect on sensory experience, especially touch.

Last edited:
No doubt that some of the banned substances have some potential effects that can be deemed as positive. Of course, it's the obvious negatives such as.....killing people, that have people's attention ;)
Look at my first post. I stated that long term, heavy use has severe negative effects. I was simply countering the propaganda being spouted by people who really don't know what they are talking about. By itself, though, MDMA doesn't kill healthy people. It is the combination with other drugs that can be deadly.

i'm surprised no fans of other teams yet have blamed Tom Brady for spiking Wes Welkers Drink...Belickeck put him up to it knowing that welker would get suspended and it would weaken the Broncos!!! Brady used his friendship with welker at the derby to purposely spike his drink and aid his superbowl hopes!

i'm surprised no fans of other teams yet have blamed Tom Brady for spiking Wes Welkers Drink...Belickeck put him up to it knowing that welker would get suspended and it would weaken the Broncos!!! Brady used his friendship with welker at the derby to purposely spike his drink and aid his superbowl hopes!
If this was a Broncos board, you'd be getting a flood of likes.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back