PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker suffers 2nd concussion in 3 weeks vs Titans

Broncos could sit Welker for the rest of the year and he'll have better numbers than Amendola. There really is no excuse for Amendola's disappearing act during these games. He's one of the big reasons this offense goes to sleep the way it does. All too often you don't even know he's on the field.
I can live with that so long as Amendola doesn't bumble the big catch in the big Tournament game.

Wish Wes the best of health. Thanks for your great years here.
Sorry that your pact with Satan Manning is costing you.

So Wes, do you miss Brady's 120 mph throws to have that extra split second to protect yourself?

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say the concussion stuff is sensationalized.

I doubt doubt that repeated can concussions can lead to problems later in life. But the media doesn't report on all the guys who had many concussions and are doing fine. Steve Young seems to be doing fine, for example. So does Troy Aikman. Ron Jaworski had...I forgot what absurd number he said once, but he went on to be one of the few analysts worth anything at ESPN and seems to still be doing fine in his 60s.

But with the media, we only hear about the handful of guys who have life-altering consequences. And thanks to that, guys like Gronk are going to have their knees blown out more often.

preferably before we play them in the post season.

:)

Why? We can always count on Wes to make some drops in crucial situations during the playoffs. This time it will be for the opposing team.

Two concussions in a month is serious business. I think Welker should play out the rest of the regular season then sit the playoffs.

original.gif

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say the concussion stuff is sensationalized.

I doubt doubt that repeated can concussions can lead to problems later in life. But the media doesn't report on all the guys who had many concussions and are doing fine. Steve Young seems to be doing fine, for example. So does Troy Aikman. Ron Jaworski had...I forgot what absurd number he said once, but he went on to be one of the few analysts worth anything at ESPN and seems to still be doing fine in his 60s.

But with the media, we only hear about the handful of guys who have life-altering consequences. And thanks to that, guys like Gronk are going to have their knees blown out more often.

By media, I assume you mean the US Government since they are the ones who have done the most extensive study of brain injuries due to concussions and have concluded that repeat concussions can cause serious brain damage. Since the government really has little to gain by concluding this unless they want to give out more disability (something I know they don't like since I am a DAV) , I'm going to go with them and not your very scientific "doubts" based on what appear to be normal people for the hour or so you see them each week. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that concussions are a real problem as are low shots to the knees. Trivializing (and yes, when you make generalizations, it's trivializing ) it because you don't like the results isn't the solution to the problem.

I doubt very highly this concussion stuff is overblown. Information is still in the process of being revealed about the damage it dos to your brain. I think most people would like to know more and perhaps figure out something to do about it, rather than holding up Troy Aikman and Steve Young and saying, "See? Nothing to see here."

By media, I assume you mean the US Government since they are the ones who have done the most extensive study of brain injuries due to concussions and have concluded that repeat concussions can cause serious brain damage. Since the government really has little to gain by concluding this unless they want to give out more disability (something I know they don't like since I am a DAV) , I'm going to go with them and not your very scientific "doubts" based on what appear to be normal people for the hour or so you see them each week. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that concussions are a real problem as are low shots to the knees. Trivializing (and yes, when you make generalizations, it's trivializing ) it because you don't like the results isn't the solution to the problem.

Yeah, it's not like the US government has ever made a spectacle of overrated issues in sports before. :rolleyes:

Not like they stuck their noses into Major League Baseball regarding steroids, even though maybe 1-5% of all players were actually juicing...and made everyone think that everyone in baseball was doing it.

Every time a player is diagnosed with some concussion-related health issue, we hear about it. And we've only heard about a handful. To me, that says everything.

That's what you get when you sign up to play football. If we're going to worry about long-term repercussions, we may as well just turn it into flag football.

We also need to ban boxing.

After all, what if these guys who voluntarily do these risky things get hurt? Oh no, we can't allow people to make their own decisions that could cost them later in life.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back