PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker suffers 2nd concussion in 3 weeks vs Titans

He looked to have several concussions here over the years. I don't doubt that.

Including last year's AFCCG. He got smacked severely, got up wobbly, then shortly thereafter had a key drop.

With all the abuse Welker has taken over the years there's little chance he doesn't have CTE, ALS or one of the other diseases linked to repeated concussions. He should walk away but won't. I hope I'm wrong and he lives a long healthy life but the list of ex-players who don't say the odds are severely against him.

I hope Wes does that right thing and takes care of his brain. Two concussions in the last few months is serious business. There is more to life than playing football.

When amendola got his concussion from that hit to the head all the board talked about was how welker was so much more durable

That was most likely because Welker is more durable (unless you dismiss games played of course).

That was most likely because Welker is more durable (unless you dismiss games played of course).
The discussion was directly related to concussions though...

Manning often puts his receivers in harms way. I knew this would eventually happen. Brady does a really good job of not leaving guys out to dry. Even on Gronk's injury, there was a decent amount of time before the hit came and it just happened to be directly on the knee.

And the fact that he was fortunate enough to blow out his ACL in the last game of the season.

Manning often puts his receivers in harms way. I knew this would eventually happen. Brady does a really good job of not leaving guys out to dry. Even on Gronk's injury, there was a decent amount of time before the hit came and it just happened to be directly on the knee.

This...

I called this when I heard Welker was going to Denver. Brady throws some questionable passes and I don't pray to the altar of Brady but he does try to protect his receivers with his throws. He tries to put the ball in spots that don't expose his receivers to big hits most of the time. You can't avoid them all but he does do this. Manning does not do this and never has. It's not a knock on Manning since there's no requirement but there is a difference in how each qb views his receivers. You expose your receivers enough and they eventually will take one too many big hits.

Yikes, that just sucks. I think it was clear that he played through a lot of concussions while he was here, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if that factored into letting him walk. Also seems like signing up to play with Manning may not have been good for his health, since Manning has a history of doing this to his slot guys. Hopefully his post-football life isn't affected too dramatically by all of these hits, it would make me feel sick to find out 10-20 years from now that he's in a Wayne Chrebet-like state.

so, in essence, Manning's greed and lust for the TD record has murdered Wes Welker...a slow, debilitating, excruciating death caused by CTE. Well, here's to Manning's quest for the prize this season, his retirement and his immediate seat next to that other murderer Ray Ray....the Tartarus Tandem...forever doing the bidding of their master...

goodell.jpg

I hope we all remember that Welker was completely within his rights to go for the most money on his latest contract.

It's a pity that he executed imperfectly on that goal, but there's nothing wrong with his general plan.

so, in essence, Manning's greed and lust for the TD record has murdered Wes Welker...a slow, debilitating, excruciating death caused by CTE. Well, here's to Manning's quest for the prize this season, his retirement and his immediate seat next to that other murderer Ray Ray....the Tartarus Tandem...forever doing the bidding of their master...

goodell.jpg

Awesome rant, J. :rocker: Further photograph evidence below:

Attachments

• Peyton evil.jpg
    Peyton evil.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Goodell-lewis 2.jpg
    Goodell-lewis 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 86
I hope we all remember that Welker was completely within his rights to go for the most money on his latest contract.

It's a pity that he executed imperfectly on that goal, but there's nothing wrong with his general plan.

yes it is a pity...yet the Faustian meme has been around for centuries and no matter how obvious it is, someone will always make that deal with the devil or his catspaws.

Welker is not a big factor in that offense and seems to be dropping more and more balls as he gets older/more punchdrunk. The Thomas brothers, Decker, Tamme, and the backs are more than enough to get them 40 against most defenses.

yes it is a pity...yet the Faustian meme has been around for centuries and no matter how obvious it is, someone will always make that deal with the devil or his catspaws.

Faust got Gretchen (and dabbled with Helen of Troy).

Welker got Miss Hooters.

But but but...according the Amendola Haters Brigade, Welker has this super special self-preservation ability that allows him to avoid concussions, unlike glassman Amendola. I'm soooo confused!

Broncos could sit Welker for the rest of the year and he'll have better numbers than Amendola. There really is no excuse for Amendola's disappearing act during these games. He's one of the big reasons this offense goes to sleep the way it does. All too often you don't even know he's on the field.

Broncos could sit Welker for the rest of the year and he'll have better numbers than Amendola. There really is no excuse for Amendola's disappearing act during these games. He's one of the big reasons this offense goes to sleep the way it does. All too often you don't even know he's on the field.

Amendola is still playing with a torn groin. And he scored the winning touchdown yesterday. (I know -- I saw him on the field.)

Amendola is still playing with a torn groin. And he scored the winning touchdown yesterday. (I know -- I saw him on the field.)

I'm aware of that. But 4 for 36 yds?? Come on!!!

Disappearing act?!?! It's not Amendola's fault Edleman turned out to be a successful welker clone.

Amendola will be called upon more Next season when Edelman may walk for big money....or my dude thompkins will take his job :rocker:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back