PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker Speculation thread (pure opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation thread (pure opinion)

True, but could Edleman be 50% of WW next season? Yes, its possible at a fraction of the cost.
Edelman will be an unrestricted free agent, as well. There is no guarantee that Edelman will be back either.

Nothing more than a high pick and the ability to remove 10 million off the books. I'm not sure that anyone would give up a 1st, but at least a 2nd and something in addition to that. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th for example. Only guessing of course.

I'm not condoning it (at all), but the thought does make sense when assuming that we'll get nothing at all in return for him after one last season.

Welker being a major player towards a SB victory this year would negate anything that could happen next year.

BTW, the speculation is that the Colts will be trading for a CB or o-lineman not a WR.

Maybe the Jets will trade for Revis because they realize they are going to suck this year and they can start the rebuilding process in a big way next year. Yah, I know that is as doubtful as the pats trading Welker to them, but it would be funny to watch if it did happen.

Last edited:

Welker's on field production + happy Brady = most return possible

Exactly why we should have signed him to a 2-3 yr extension. I couldn't agree with you more.

Considering that they didn't agree with that thought though, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think that they may have had another plan in place besides using him as one last 1 yr rental.

The argument could be made that they may have been seeing if anyone of importance became injured in TC, thus hoping to maximize their trading value.

Exactly why we should have signed him to a 2-3 yr extension. I couldn't agree with you more.

Then there was no need for this thread, since your thesis is predicated on best return.

Considering that they didn't agree with that thought though

Why make this claim? You have no way of knowing whether it's true or not.

it's not out of the realm of possibility to think that they may have had another plan in place besides using him as one last 1 yr rental.

It's true that Belichick has made plenty of really stupid mistakes. Do you really see him pissing away his best shot to win the Super Bowl, though?

The argument could be made that they may have been seeing if anyone of importance became injured in TC, thus hoping to maximize their trading value.

The argument can also be made that they are waiting on the return of a space ship from Alpha Centauri. Frankly, given that Welker had more than 120 catches last year and doesn't currently impact the cap in the future, I would consider that argument more likely. I refuse to believe that BB, who's been generally stellar with his maneuvering this offseason, is going to suddenly turn around and make this sort of idiotic move.

Last edited:

I'm saying that one could make the case that it may make sense, and that Belichick probably considered it this summer.
Trade Wes Welker before the season starts and the New England Patriots torpedo their chances winning the Super Bowl.

Et tu, supafly? Et tu?

The stress of no meaningful football does strange things. Be patient supafly. A cure is nigh.

Last edited:

we MUST be related...jetsinsipid...pure gold ,Jerry

Yea,I guess so......We're BOTH lunatics(proud):rocker:

Then there was no need for this thread, since your thesis is predicated on best return.

The reason I made the thread was due to the fact that the thought came into my mind (as stated in the opening post) and I wondered if anyone else had thought about it lately.

I listed BOTH the reasons why we should keep him, and the reasons why we should get value now in a trade.

I never had a stance, only that it was a possibility (which in all fairness, it probably always has been).

The reason I made the thread was due to the fact that the thought came into my mind (as stated in the opening post) and I wondered if anyone else had thought about it lately.

I listed BOTH the reasons why we should keep him, and the reasons why we should get value now in a trade.

I never had a stance, only that it was a possibility (which in all fairness, it probably always has been).

Now you're just insulting everyone's intelligence. At this point, this can only lead to a rapid decline in an already lousy thread. Given that, I'll just bow out of here.

Et tu, supafly? Et tu?

The stress of no meaningful football does strange things. Be patient supafly. A cure is nigh.

Thanks PWP. I agree that I need some meaningful football soon.

For what it's worth though, I am not necessarily condoning a trade, only listing the reasons why it may/may not make sense.

I think it was just "too outside the box" for many to accept, and they are assuming that I am wanting to dump Welker. I'm not, I was actually trying to look at it both ways, and that was unsuccessful.

Et tu, supafly? Et tu?

This must be a Twilight Zone Episode.

Supafly is captain of the RMS Titanic and the posters on the New England Patriots message board are passengers on board. Nothing like heading straight for that iceberg!

Last edited:

Now you're just insulting everyone's intelligence. At this point, this can only lead to a rapid decline in an already lousy thread. Given that, I'll just bow out of here.

I have no idea what you mean. All you have to do is look at my opening post to see that I listed the words "I do not want to trade Welker," and that "I hope that he finishes his career here."

I stated that I wanted honest opinions on whether anyone else considered it lately, and gave reasons for BOTH keeping and trading him.

Look at the first post if you don't agree. My defending of pro-keeping him was because I thought we could look at both views.

It doesn't take too long to realize why some get the reputation that they do around here, even though you give them the benefit of the doubt and speak respectfully to them 100% of the time. Not sure why the same 2 or 3 people always feel the need to act like *********s when they disagree with something, but I'd hate to see how they act in the real world.

I can easily point out about 10 or more statements that prove that I was looking at it from both sides, with some speculation on why it may make sense and the value that would come from trading at the maximum value. If people actually bothered to read the original post or comments through the pages, they could easily see that. Instead they choose to throw out barbs and move on.

Last edited:

Fire_Window_Fall.gif

WTF -- is that REAL?

This must be a Twilight Zone Episode.

Superfly is captain of the RMS Titanic and the posters on the New England Patriots message are passengers on board. Nothing like heading straight for that iceberg!

Again, as I've said about 5-10 times now, I didn't mean it to be pessimistic or insulting.

As I've responded to you multiple times, my best wish would have been to sign him to a 2-3 yr extension and I think he is THE most important part of the offense besides Brady.

I did defend my reasoning, and I did state WHY it would make sense to trade him, but I also said plenty of times that isn't what I wanted.

Again, as I've said about 5-10 times now, I didn't mean it to be pessimistic or insulting.

As I've responded to you multiple times, my best wish would have been to sign him to a 2-3 yr extension and I think he is THE most important part of the offense besides Brady.

I did defend my reasoning, and I did state WHY it would make sense to trade him, but I also said plenty of times that isn't what I wanted.
You get a pretty quick idea of who's read the OP and interpreted it pretty quickly these days don't you supa?

Rah! Rah! of Jets Insider fame (or infamy depending upon your perspective) after the NY Jets finish 6-10 this season!

nah...hate to disagree..but that is not Rage Rage, Tip...no....Rage Rage is out of sight but he's screaming... "Sanchez is on FIRE!!!!..Do YOU see a ceiling??..sky's the limit now!!! Sukk it you haters!!!!"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back