PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wes welker on the move??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus we are going to have to agree to dissagree on Bowe...i think he's a Elite WR on a Team with Back-up QB's at best. Answer me this question lets say the Pats and Welker are prepared to part ways. What if the Pats could get something for him in a Trade...would you be against it? Knowing at years end he would leave and we get nothing in return. My point is i think the Pats will do something at the Trade deadline i think our WR situation needs to be addressed. I wouldn't Trade Wes to a good AFC Team most likely a Team like KC who stinks. Also i wouldn't be against Trading him to anybody in the NFC granted we get a good WR in return. Miles Austin or Greg Jennings both the Pack and Boys are excellent in the area of WR's an Achilles heel of us. What do you think Deus?

Your idea of excellent is warped. Jennings is currently battling a groin injury that may require surgery. The oft injured since they signed him to a mega contract Austin hasn't remotely lived up to a contract that still has $30M remaining due on it over the next 4 seasons. He's barely been able to function as a #2 WR when not injured over the last season and a half. KC gains nothing trading Bowe for Welker. And we lose about 30% on completion rate if Bowe could even earn the right to be targeted here.

The Pats can get a comp pick for Welker depending on whom else they let walk and/sign in FA. Probably about equal to what they could receive trading him to anyone who wasn't a legit contender this season because teams who aren't would have no reason to trade for him let alone overpay in draft compensation...

Jennings has been in decline over the past 2 seasons, likely due to injury. I'm not saying that he's done, and I'm not saying that he can't bounce back. I am saying, though, that there's no way I'd make that trade one-for-one.

Seriously 949yards is a decline in13 games after too 1100yards seasons???:confused: Seriously Deus i am begining to think that YOU Feel that this Team Cannot win without Wes Welker am i right?

Deus forget what i said.:confused2:

Last edited:
Your idea of excellent is warped. Jennings is currently battling a groin injury that may require surgery. The oft injured since they signed him to a mega contract Austin hasn't remotely lived up to a contract that still has $30M remaining due on it over the next 4 seasons. He's barely been able to function as a #2 WR when not injured over the last season and a half. KC gains nothing trading Bowe for Welker. And we lose about 30% on completion rate if Bowe could even earn the right to be targeted here.

The Pats can get a comp pick for Welker depending on whom else they let walk and/sign in FA. Probably about equal to what they could receive trading him to anyone who wasn't a legit contender this season because teams who aren't would have no reason to trade for him let alone overpay in draft compensation...

Didn't know Jennings was signed to a Mega contract already...time really flys.

Your Bowe comments will be revisted Deus... And i am Surprised that you don't think that a healthy Greg Jennings Stats - Green Bay Packers - ESPN would be a fair compensation for Wes Welker. I think many would dissagree with you on that...key words healthy Greg Jennings.

If there's one thing that's certain in life, it's that I really don't worry much about "many would disagree with you".

Jennings is 29
Jennings is in decline, likely due to injury, but in decline nonetheless
Jennings is a free agent at the end of the year

Also

Coach Mike McCarthy revealed one possible option during an interview with Adam Schein of Sirius XM NFL Radio on Thursday. McCarthy said he had met with Jennings on Thursday morning and that Jennings is going through all of the options for how to proceed with an injury that hasn’t made much progress. McCarthy said that surgery was one of the options that was on the table.

Surgery is an option for Greg Jennings | ProFootballTalk

Seriously 949yards is a decline in13 games after too 1100yards seasons???:confused:

Receiving numbers the last 4 seasons, and the start of this year:

Yardage numbers the last 4 seasons:

Yeah, the numbers show a decline.

Seriously Deus i am begining to think that YOU Feel that this Team Cannot win without Wes Welker am i right?

In a team sport, no one player is indispensable, if you've got adequate backup and help. That doesn't mean you should trade the guys who give you the best chance of winning. It just means that sometimes you can find a way to win without them.

As for the Bowe comments, why would you revisit them? He's been the same player since his rookie year.

Last edited:
I'll admit, I was opposed to getting rid of Welker and had serious doubts about the claims of the Welker Haters/Edelman Lovers that Edelman could adequately replace him, but given the fact that Edelman is well on his way to a 200 yard season I have to take it all back. I'm sorry, I was wrong. Once again the welker haters had it right all along, he is clearly on the downside and hisw production and performance are seriously lacking. Add in the fact that he simply isn't tough enough and it is a slam dunk case to dump his sorry ass, young players don't need to be around guys who can't take a hit.

Edelman is going to be a free agent soon, the Patriots need to take anything they can get for Welker to free up the 60 million it is going to take to re-sign Edelman after the breakout season he is once again having.

And kudos to those who for the 4th year in a row claimed Welker's production was going to drop off, at this rate he will barely make 120 receptions and 1,550 yards. Maybe they can get Darius Butler for him, they need DB's.

Last edited:
There are about a hundred reasons why he could be selling that place. The likelihood that he's going to be traded in the next week isn't high on the list, IMO.

And kudos to those who for the 4th year in a row claimed Welker's production was going to drop off, at this rate he will barely make 120 receptions and 1,550 yards. Maybe they can get Darius Butler for him, they need DB's.
Why bother re-signing Wes Welker when you can re-sign these defensive gems instead:

Ron Brace
Trevor Scott
Kyle Arrington
Patrick Chung

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll admit, I was opposed to getting rid of Welker and had serious doubts about the claims of the Welker Haters/Edelman Lovers that Edelman could adequately replace him, but given the fact that Edelman is well on his way to a 200 yard season I have to take it all back. I'm sorry, I was wrong. Once again the welker haters had it right all along, he is clearly on the downside and hisw production and performance are seriously lacking. Add in the fact that he simply isn't tough enough and it is a slam dunk case to dump his sorry ass, young players don't need to be around guys who can't take a hit.

Edelman is going to be a free agent soon, the Patriots need to take anything they can get for Welker to free up the 60 million it is going to take to re-sign Edelman after the breakout season he is once again having.

WHOA!
I was away from NFL football for 2 weeks overseas.
How could I have missed this?

...Maybe they can get Darius Butler for him, they need DB's.

There's no way that they'll get Butler. Now that he's away from the terrible Patriots coaching staff, he's become an All-Pro and is in the top eschelon at his position. Rumor has it that the Jets are looking to trade both Revis and Cromartie, along with 3 first round picks, for Butler.

4-4 and the season is over?

The 7-7 2011 Giants and 8-6 2010 Packers say hello.

How about the 4-5 2001 Patriots?

:bricks:

So if I offer Wes $3K COLD HARD CASH for his place maybe I can get it at a discount?

it's weird that a guy who just got married has to sell his batchelor pad where he probably scored with lots of chicks his new wife doesnt want to think about???

And here I always thought only baseball had the bang bang play :p

Right now I'm definitely not interested in trading for Bowe/Jennings.

Now, if next year in FA Welker's gone and we need someone to replace him as Brady's favorite target, I'll revist these guys as FA's.

Will there be any other notable FA WR's next year??

There's no way that they'll get Butler. Now that he's away from the terrible Patriots coaching staff, he's become an All-Pro and is in the top eschelon at his position. Rumor has it that the Jets are looking to trade both Revis and Cromartie, along with 3 first round picks, for Butler.

Ouch - LOL. I love a good, well placed moment of biting sarcasm.....and that one delivered!

Welker is gone after this year people..get use to him being somewhere else..just hopefully not NY...

Welker is gone after this year people..get use to him being somewhere else..just hopefully not NY...

Maybe he'll go to the Chiefs. It wouldn't be the frist time....

Maybe he'll go to the Chiefs. It wouldn't be the frist time....

i wouldn't mind that..just keep him out of the division..or hell AFC...hopefully he goes to NFC

There's also this thing called "posturing" that players and agents often engage in to generate exactly this sort of speculation in the article and in this thread.

While Welker might sell his condo to send the message he's not planning on returning next season - the reality is that if the Pats choose to franchise him again, he's not going anywhere.

So whatever Welker's plans are, they're irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back