PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wes welker on the move??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought threads were supposed to get smarter once the season started, my mistake. It really doesn't matter what Welker does, in fact the better he plays the louder the Madennites scream to get rid of him for a Chad Jackson clone. I swear to god the people who talk this sh.t have never actually watched a game they just play Madden and read fantasy football and draft magazines. Mike Williams and Plaxico are available, who needs Welker, they're big.

The dumbest thread ever contest is getting stiff competition these days.

I'm sure the thread starter will reply with a few of these: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sure the thread starter will reply with a few of these: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sure they will but the point still stands, this crap is unbelievably stupid, you don't get rid of a player like Welker when you are making a run at a ring, and if you do then you are quitting on the season. This makes as much sense as the Texans trading JJ Watt because they fear his contract demands.

Mrs. Welker is from North Carolina. They're probably off to Charlotte so Welker can catch passes from Cam Newton.

I say pull the trigger now sending Welker to the Panthers for their two veteran safeties Nakamura and Sharrod.

Mrs. Welker is from North Carolina. They're probably off to Charlotte so Welker can catch passes from Cam Newton.

I say pull the trigger now sending Welker to the Panthers for their two veteran safeties Nakamura and Sharrod.

Carolina is GM'less having fired theirs just this week. Likely will be coach hunting come December and could be in the QB market come March or April. Be easier to trade them Mallett then than Welker now... New regime is going to want to retool roster to it's own specs.

Carolina is GM'less having fired theirs just this week. Likely will be coach hunting come December and could be in the QB market come March or April. Be easier to trade them Mallett then than Welker now... New regime is going to want to retool roster to it's own specs.

But the Patriots need safeties. Maybe Mallett and Welker for their veteran safeties and Cam Newton. Newton would be a nice understudy and madman Josh would be great scheming a Cam Newton offense.

Can the Patriots trade Welker while he is signed as the franchise player?

Last edited:
But the Patriots need safeties. Maybe Mallett and Welker for their veteran safeties and Cam Newton. Newton would be a nice understudy and madman Josh would be great scheming a Cam Newton offense.

...why would they trade their number one pick and safeties for a 31 year old receiver and an unproven QB?

?????

?????

...why would they trade their number one pick and safeties for a 31 year old receiver and an unproven QB?

?????

?????

Because they are the Panthers. They also get Miss Hooters International in the deal.

Last edited:
Trade Wes Welker to KC for Dwayne Bowe...i suggested us possibly Trading for Bowe in one of those thread this week and was a tarred feathered for suggesting it.:mad:

It's a bad idea, so you getting the tar and feathers isn't surprising.

Bowe makes perfect sense for our Patriots. He's young, Big and Good letit #1 WR who can get consistent separation.

Bowe does not get consistent separations. That, along with his inconsistent hands and questionable attitude, are why he's been a problem for the Chiefs.

Bowe has had three 1000 yards seasons already with NOBODY throwing to him at QB. Bowe would be the perfect WR to compliment *Brandon Lloyd* who is a *#2* at best.

You should watch Bowe play a football game some day. He's not what you seem to think he is.

Last edited:

Only until Tuesday, and then this nonsense ceases once and for all.

WTF is Newton going to do here, run the wildcat? Cassel won't be available as a viable backup until after the Chief's release him in February. We can get him a lot cheaper than the $6M remaining in guaranteed money on Newton's deal through 2014 and the Panthers aren't about to take the 2013 $7M cap hit on his $14M+ signing bonus just yet...when they can face that decision next season and let it remain spread out over his last 2 seasons.

Are you really as naive or out in left field as some of your posts appear to be or are you being facetious? :bricks:

According to BB, everyone is replaceable (except if your name is Tom Brady... :) )

According to BB, everyone is replaceable (except if your name is Tom Brady... :) )

Or Rodney Harrison apparently. ;)

Welker might not be nearly as replaceable as some of his teamates. Especially when the guys who replace him now or might replace him next season in FA can't stay on the field or produce as consistently when injured.

It's a bad idea, so you getting the tar and feathers isn't surprising.

Bowe does not get consistent separations. That, along with his inconsistent hands and questionable attitude, are why he's been a problem for the Chiefs.

You should watch Bowe play a football game some day. He's not what you seem to think he is.

Deus we are going to have to agree to dissagree on Bowe...i think he's a Elite WR on a Team with Back-up QB's at best. Answer me this question lets say the Pats and Welker are prepared to part ways. What if the Pats could get something for him in a Trade...would you be against it? Knowing at years end he would leave and we get nothing in return. My point is i think the Pats will do something at the Trade deadline i think our WR situation needs to be addressed. I wouldn't Trade Wes to a good AFC Team most likely a Team like KC who stinks. Also i wouldn't be against Trading him to anybody in the NFC granted we get a good WR in return. Miles Austin or Greg Jennings both the Pack and Boys are excellent in the area of WR's an Achilles heel of us. What do you think Deus?

Last edited:
Only until Tuesday, and then this nonsense ceases once and for all.

WTF is Newton going to do here, run the wildcat? Cassel won't be available as a viable backup until after the Chief's release him in February. We can get him a lot cheaper than the $6M remaining in guaranteed money on Newton's deal through 2014 and the Panthers aren't about to take the 2013 $7M cap hit on his $14M+ signing bonus just yet...when they can face that decision next season and let it remain spread out over his last 2 seasons.

Are you really as naive or out in left field as some of your posts appear to be or are you being facetious? :bricks:

Totally facetious.

However, the notion of trading one guy - Welker (if the OP signifies anything) - is interesting if the Patriots could upgrade the secondary to the level of the LBs and D linemen , which I think are superb.

The Patriots roster is solid to excellent everywhere except at DB. Even then, I like these DBs but they are so inexperienced.

By the way, I am surprised that the franchise tender doesn't come with a no-trade clause. there are so many limitations on doing any re-negotiating, it would make sense that a player could at least know he will stay where he agrees to sign the tender.

Last edited:
In the beginning of the season when Welker wasn't being played, I was willing as a loyal Belichick hoodite to consider at least the possibility of a Welker trade.

Seven games in and I'm now firmly in the camp of Just Pay the Man.

We are just one legitimate deep threat piece away from what maybe could be the perfect offense.

Last edited:
Totally facetious.

However, the notion of trading one guy - Welker (if the OP signifies anything) - is interesting if the Patriots could upgrade the secondary to the level of the LBs and D linemen , which I think are superb.

The Patriots roster is solid to excellent everywhere except at DB. Even then, I like these DBs but they are so inexperienced.

By the way, I am surprised that the franchise tender doesn't come with a no-trade clause. there are so many limitations on doing any re-negotiating, it would make sense that a player could at least know he will stay where he agrees to sign the tender.

People here need to stop overvaluing Wes Welker. I love the guy, and I'll always be grateful for what he has done for this franchise, but there's absolutely NO WAY in hell any team would ever trade an "excellent", or even an above-average defensive back for him. Honestly, he's tremendous in our offense with Brady throwing him the ball, but does anybody really believe he'd step right into some middling team and catch 120 balls for 1300 yards? Just settle down, people.

Deus we are going to have to agree to dissagree on Bowe...i think he's a Elite WR on a Team with Back-up QB's at best. Answer me this question lets say the Pats and Welker are prepared to part ways. What if the Pats could get something for him in a Trade...would you be against it? Knowing at years end he would leave and we get nothing in return. My point is i think the Pats will do something at the Trade deadline i think our WR situation needs to be addressed. I wouldn't Trade Wes to a good AFC Team most likely a Team like KC who stinks. Also i wouldn't be against Trading him to anybody in the NFC granted we get a good WR in return. Miles Austin or Greg Jennings both the Pack and Boys are excellent in the area of WR's an Achilles heel of us. [highlight]What do you think Deus?[/highlight]

I think you don't have any idea about Bowe beyond the stat lines.

I think trading Welker would be one of the 3-4 stupidest things Belichick's done as head coach of the Patriots.

I think people who suggest trading Welker need to get their heads examined.

I think Welker is one of the top 5-10 receivers in the game, in terms of overall impact, and I think that neither Jennings nor Austin is even close to adequate compensation.

Last edited:
I think Welker is one of the top 5-10 receivers in the game, in terms of overall impact, and I think that neither Jennings nor Austin is even close to adequate compensation.

I'd probably have to take Greg Jennings, although any one who suggests GB would trade him needs their head checked.

I'd probably have to take Greg Jennings, although any one who suggests GB would trade him needs their head checked.

Jennings has been in decline over the past 2 seasons, likely due to injury. I'm not saying that he's done, and I'm not saying that he can't bounce back. I am saying, though, that there's no way I'd make that trade one-for-one.

You haven't been watching Randall Cobb lately have you? He's emerging as the most dangerous threat in Greenbay...They have been playing very well of late minus *Greg Jennings* *who is getting better mind you from groin injury*.

I think you don't have any idea about Bowe beyond the stat lines.

I think trading Welker would be one of the 3-4 stupidest things Belichick's done as head coach of the Patriots.

I think people who suggest trading Welker need to get their heads examined.

Your Bowe comments will be revisted Deus... And i am Surprised that you don't think that a healthy Greg Jennings Stats - Green Bay Packers - ESPN would be a fair compensation for Wes Welker. I think many would dissagree with you on that...key words healthy Greg Jennings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back