PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wes welker on the move??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker's lifestyle has changed. He is no longer single and may not want the city lifestyle anymore.

Also, he has to deal with reality of a player in his 30s. He doesn't know where he is going to play next year and, even if he stays here, he may only have a few years left in the league. He lives in CA during the offseason and that will probably be his home after he retires. Many players in their 30s opt to rent rather than own with the uncertainty of where and how much longer they play.

I really doubt Welker will be traded. If Welker is selling because he knows he won't be here, he is preparing for a divorce in the offseason, not next week.

This is what I thought. It takes time to sell a condo or a house. He's listing it for sale now, probably because he wants flexibility. Then he can either rent or buy something bigger that his new wife likes, depending how the end of the season shakes out. Sure hope he buys something bigger in the area.

Welker's lifestyle has changed. He is no longer single and may not want the city lifestyle anymore.

Also, he has to deal with reality of a player in his 30s. He doesn't know where he is going to play next year and, even if he stays here, he may only have a few years left in the league. He lives in CA during the offseason and that will probably be his home after he retires. Many players in their 30s opt to rent rather than own with the uncertainty of where and how much longer they play.

I really doubt Welker will be traded. If Welker is selling because he knows he won't be here, he is preparing for a divorce in the offseason, not next week.

The plan to sell his condo was in the works since last fall when he became an engaged man. He and Ana have been living in that suburban rental for a while, not just since this season. The only thing that has changed is the timing and possible location of a future suburban family home they had planned to buy or build, and simple logic dictates what has stalled that part of the plan. That's the underlying reason he wanted a contract he might retire on here. He will either be building locally or looking for a condo or suburban rental in some other NFL city next off season. And perhaps someone like Edelman or Amandola will be in the market for his condo...

It's interesting and gives us all something to think about, but seriously, the Patriots have seen once again how valuable Welker is to this team. He is our leader in receptions and yards - again - and has come up for us in many big moments.

There is no way Bill would consider trading him by next week. No way. After the season ends, that's a different circumstance. I'm certain that the two sides will try to work out a deal once again. If that can't be done, the Pats may try to get something for him before letting him go.

It's interesting and gives us all something to think about, but seriously, the Patriots have seen once again how valuable Welker is to this team. He is our leader in receptions and yards - again - and has come up for us in many big moments.

There is no way Bill would consider trading him by next week. No way. After the season ends, that's a different circumstance. I'm certain that the two sides will try to work out a deal once again. If that can't be done, the Pats may try to get something for him before letting him go.

He's set to walk into the offseason as a UFA and he has a monsterous contract this year. I highly doubt the Pats would be able to get anything substantial for him if they placed him on the trading block this season. Teams will simply wait and see how the offseason shakes out.

They would have to tag him at $11.4M AND he'd have to sign that tag in order for them to shop him. Not. Gonna. Happen. They will talk after the season when only they can, but unless they come to some sort of compromise solution that entails a 3 year deal he will be off to wherever he feels he can both cash in with some security and continue to have a level of success. It's really unfortunate for him and us and them that it had to come down to that. He should have been extended after the 2009 season but his ACL precluded that. He could have been extended after the 2010 season, but the impending lockout and lingering questions limited their desire to talk long term deals. They had to do one with Brady but they didn't with Wes and probably low balled him before moving on to Jerrod (Belichick) Mayo who even with a lockout looming was an easier investment decision from a business standpoint because of his age. They ended up backed into a corner with Welker from which they couldn't (and probably won't be able to going forward) apparently fashion a deal cap friendly enough to warrant the bonus money he wanted because of their concerns about his age. They lost that all important last year or two of the remaining deal at a bargain rate that they seem to need in order to pay guys market going forward.

can't believe they'd trade him...that's weird

Trade Wes Welker to KC for Dwayne Bowe...i suggested us possibly Trading for Bowe in one of those thread this week and was a tarred feathered for suggesting it.:mad: Bowe makes perfect sense for our Patriots. He's young, Big and Good letit #1 WR who can get consistent separation. Bowe has had three 1000 yards seasons already with NOBODY throwing to him at QB. Bowe would be the perfect WR to compliment *Brandon Lloyd* who is a *#2* at best.

the sky is falling.

oh no.

look out.

:nosmile:

is says he's renting a condo. Anyone thought he moved out of his apartment so he can unload it, and use the cash to buy something else?

Anyone thought that a well known celebrity would never put his house on the market and have open house days while all his stuff and his personal life is in there?

If I were a 'Wes Welker', I'd make sure to empty the place before I unload it.

The Patriots offered Wes Welker what thay thought he was wroth in the offseason and he turned it down. The Pats are not going to overpay for his services that's how they do business. So we have to accept the likely hood that life without Wes is a 100% possibility. I know it's hard for some of us to accept but that's the reality. Somebody will give him what he wants...based on numbers he's worth it...but at age 31 and soon to be 32 not to our Patriots. I hope if they Trade him it will be for a legit young WR.

Last edited:
Lol if they traded him the season is OVAH!

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

Trade Wes Welker to KC for Dwayne Bowe...i suggested us possibly Trading for Bowe in one of those thread this week and was a tarred feathered for suggesting it.:mad: Bowe makes perfect sense for our Patriots. He's young, Big and Good letit #1 WR who can get consistent separation. Bowe has had three 1000 yards seasons already with NOBODY throwing to him at QB. Bowe would be the perfect WR to compliment *Brandon Lloyd* who is a *#2* at best.

Bowe would never fly here for the same reason he doesn't in KC. Lots of #1WR's put up numbers with nobody throwing to them and limited options to throw elsewhere. Chad did in Cincy for a while, couldn't play here to save his soul. Bowe is a diva and he's not dependable when the chips are down. He's cost KC as many games as he won them. And he's looking for a double digit long term deal he isn't getting here any more than Welker would there. Not to mention if he landed here you'd witness the Brandon Lloyd that lurks just beneath the surface who couldn't do a thing before Josh McDaniels made him the focus of an offense. Competing with the TE's and Welker for targets here is about his legal limit. Demote him to Branch's replacement and he'd check out.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Dwayne Bowe

They would have to tag him at $11.4M AND he'd have to sign that tag in order for them to shop him. Not. Gonna. Happen.

I was wondering about this. Considering what Welker brings to the table, wouldn't the Pats consider another franchise tag? I know the number's enormous--what is it, almost 2 mil more than this year.

It just seems like it's understood that a guy will only be franchised for one year, when it could in practice be more than that.

His home is on the market so it means he gets traded within a week? Holy sh%^...Could portend him leaving at the end of the season, but...

If the Patriots trade Welker, it is a sign that they have given up on the 2012 season. They might do so if they lose to the Rams.

when i read the article i thought to myself hes gone after this year. theres no way hes getting traded lol.

If the Patriots trade Welker, it is a sign that they have given up on the 2012 season. They might do so if they lose to the Rams.

4-4 and the season is over?

The 7-7 2011 Giants and 8-6 2010 Packers say hello.

I don't think it's a sign that they've given up, as I can't see Belichick doing that. He didn't even do so in his last season in Cleveland. What it WOULD be is an indication that he actually believes the offense, as is currently constructed, could still be as good without Welker. That, in and of itself, would be a massive mistake.

Belichick isn't about to give up on a season until his team is mathmatically totally eliminated from the playoffs... And that seldom is the case for any team in week 8, although KC and a few others periodically achieve that status for all intents and purposes. And you still have to play the remaining 8 games...

Welker's condo would have been on the market now whether he was leasing or building a suburban home. Just like Brady's Back Bay condo (not to mention his and hers in NYC) was off and on over the last 3 years. High end RE is an investment tool/shelter for these guys. As long as you are careful not to get left holding the bag on an out of the way customized estate like Drew did on his mansion in the sticks until good fortune sent Schilling hunting for one off the beaten path which he purchased for Drew's initial asking price. And has now struggled to move at a loss since he wore out his welcome in the area too. Wes is apparently smart enough not to make that mistake while playing on a one year tender.

I thought threads were supposed to get smarter once the season started, my mistake. It really doesn't matter what Welker does, in fact the better he plays the louder the Madennites scream to get rid of him for a Chad Jackson clone. I swear to god the people who talk this sh.t have never actually watched a game they just play Madden and read fantasy football and draft magazines. Mike Williams and Plaxico are available, who needs Welker, they're big.

The dumbest thread ever contest is getting stiff competition these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back