PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker Miami radio interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVN ,I agree completely.The interviewer is asking stupid questions(what was it like to lose the Super Bowl? a: Oh,it was great Stu.....laughed my behind off..)and gets ticked when he doesnt get the response he wants.Good for Welker, screw ESPN.

Our Kool-Aid is the best Kool-Aid. Next Question.:D

for what it's worth, these radio guys in Miami are goons. one of my best friends flew down to see the Jets play, and all those radio guys were predicting the dolphins to win, every one of them. so they are definitely slanted, and out of their minds

typical espn crap.

Krugman said:
Screw ESPN.

To be fair, the interview was on 790 the Ticket, which is NOT an ESPN-affiliated radio station (ESPN 760 AM is the ESPN-affiliated station in the market, and the main rival of 790 the ticket).

790 is a local all-sports station that carries the Dolphins. The interviewers are not connected to ESPN. ESPN.com just obtained the tape from them, probably WISHING they had done such a crappy job on their own station.

The only person I can somewhat stomach on 790 is Sid and that's because I'm barely awake during the morning commute.

Of course AM 560 never gets turned on in my car ever.

Not surprising this trash came from 790.

Our Kool-Aid is the best Kool-Aid. Next Question.:D

Um no.

It comes down to execution. On any given Sunday any Kool-Aid can prevail. The other teams also have outstanding Kool-Aid. You prepare all week, try and have good drills all week practicing mixing the sugar, mix and water and hope come Sunday you can execute better than the other teams. Most weeks it comes down to just one or two stirs that make or break the Kool-Aid.

It's a wonder why Miami real estate is going for 15 cents on the dollar.

I love how the second the interviewer brings up the Chargers-Broncos game, Welker hangs up on him. What a punctuation mark to his inane, irrelevant questions.

Maybe the guy should try to interview Belichick to get his thoughts on the Chargers/Broncos.

Um no.

It comes down to execution. On any given Sunday any Kool-Aid can prevail. The other teams also have outstanding Kool-Aid. You prepare all week, try and have good drills all week practicing mixing the sugar, mix and water and hope come Sunday you can execute better than the other teams. Most weeks it comes down to just one or two stirs that make or break the Kool-Aid.

:rofl: :rofl:

Post of the day!

Those announcers are clowns.

How many times does Wes have to answer the Brady and Super Bowl question? Obviously 1 too many.

Well done Wes!

"Is Miami the worst team in the league?" - Seriously? This guy has his own Radio show?

21 "y'knows"! Good effort! :D

the best part was the end when they asked him about the chargers-broncos game, Welker's like, "Fellas, I'm running out of tim. I gotta go." CLICK.

You gotta love Le Betard going "It wasn't Stugotz's fault" over and over again. Actually, I think it just might be, Dan. Wes is usually pretty easy going in all his interviews and jokes around a lot, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume this was all Stugotz.

Last edited:
You gotta love Le Betard going "It wasn't Stugotz's fault" over and over again. Actually, I think it just might be, Dan. Wes is usually pretty easy going in all his interviews and jokes around a lot, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume this was all Stugotz.

This one certainly sounded miles different from the one Welker did for Patriots Friday. Both were entertaining, though--especially that last bit where he takes off in the middle of the Chargers-Broncos question.

Last edited:
Call me a spoil sport, but I think Welker comes across as kind of a jerk in this interview. They didn't ask anything that a bunch of sports radio guys wouldn't have asked someone in his position, so if he weren't prepared to even offer a one-line response to some of them, why even be there? If he were forced to do that interview, I can understand this, but his Belichickean approach to this interview was over the top.

Yes, the "laughing at Dolphins game film" question was stupid, but asking for his thoughts on the Superbowl, Brady out for the season, and the perception people have of him based on his physical stature compared to his production are all completely legitimate questions to ask him. None of these were curve balls, and he just basically thumbed his nose at them as if he didn't want to be there at all, and was just going through the motions.

Brady jokes on his radio segment all the time and isn't afraid to delve into questions that address things beyond the Next Game. My understanding is that Welker is actually a much more easy-going guy in person, so I don't quite understand this interview. Seemed like a waste of time for everyone involved.

Call me a spoil sport, but I think Welker comes across as kind of a jerk in this interview. They didn't ask anything that a bunch of sports radio guys wouldn't have asked someone in his position, so if he weren't prepared to even offer a one-line response to some of them, why even be there? If he were forced to do that interview, I can understand this, but his Belichickean approach to this interview was over the top.

Yes, the "laughing at Dolphins game film" question was stupid, but asking for his thoughts on the Superbowl, Brady out for the season, and the perception people have of him based on his physical stature compared to his production are all completely legitimate questions to ask him. None of these were curve balls, and he just basically thumbed his nose at them as if he didn't want to be there at all, and was just going through the motions.

Brady jokes on his radio segment all the time and isn't afraid to delve into questions that address things beyond the Next Game. My understanding is that Welker is actually a much more easy-going guy in person, so I don't quite understand this interview. Seemed like a waste of time for everyone involved.

sure but imagine an interview starting with the first question "Do you hate david tyree?" .the interviewer may have had legitimate questions but his entire approach was to get some sort of juicy controversial answer which is so apparent in the first 2 questions .

Welker comes across as a jerk? Who are you to call someone that? Have you ever been in front of a mike or two with mediots throwing you wanna-be fastballs? What would you say in his place? C'mon now, you're better than that. See through the misinformation. To quote myriad posters here, Embrace The Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back