PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker: "It's nice to stick it in Bill's face every once in a while"

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Wes Welker: "It's nice to stick it in Bill's face every once in a while"

Belichick, on the other hand, has proven nothing at all as a head coach.
We are talking about the man's truthfulness, not his ability to coach. Please separate the two issues.

Judging by Wes' demeanor today it's pretty obvious he got yelled at and sent to bed without dessert.
I'm just hoping it wasn't Giselle doing the dirty work again. ;)

Love Wes!!! :rocker:

Come on....anyone could see he wasn't going to be too impressed by Welker saying that. Of course he's going to be ticked off.

I still can't believe Welker had to go stirring the pot like that. Dude needs to learn to (Please be quiet - edited). He isn't doing himself any favors.
I trust BB was as impressed as I was when he decided to bench Welker in favor of Julian Edelman. No disrespect to Edelbinkie, but he's not even close to the caliber of receiver that Welker is.

I trust BB was as impressed as I was when he decided to bench Welker in favor of Julian Edelman. No disrespect to Edelbinkie, but he's not even close to the caliber of receiver that Welker is.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes in the locker room is behind the scenes in the locker room period. That is the way it has always been in the BB era. Each and every player damn well better understand that, Welker included. Should he be pissed? I am sure he is, but I also don't know the whole story. Wes has given this organization a lot but his profile was raised sky high by being given the opportunity to play here with Brady and BB in the first place. It goes both ways.

Last edited:

Complete apples and oranges. Trash talking an opponent about their personal lives wasn't cool...imagine if Brady had been up there and said something about how many kids Cromartie has out of wedlock. This was just a light hearted comment, probably because he's feeling good about how he's played and what his worth is. Or hell, maybe he said it jsut to get the local media riled up after their overblown "Welker Snaps-Gate" coverage.

Spin city...:rolleyes:

Brady was also asked just now twice in the MNF radio pregame inspite of brady of saying it was a joke

Bench Welker for the first drive and get over it. Love Wes, but that's what has to happen.

If Belichick is holding some kind of grudge against Welker for not signing the deal Belichick wanted him to sign I say good for Welker.

A negotiation is exactly that a negotiation. It shouldn't be Belichick dicatating to a player how much money he can make without facing his wrath. What may be good for the Patriots salary cap may not be good for Welker's fair market value. If the Patriots weren't happy with Welker's cap number they should have let him hit the open market and moved on. Simple as that.

I'd like to see what the reaction of anyone on this board who worked hard and outperformed their salary/contract be told that they are not allowed to maximize the amount of money they can make and if they somehow did it would be held against them.

Also, please spare me the nonsense about Edelman giving them a better chance to win... Fact is Welker is the superior wr and Belichick was not giving his team "the best chance to win" by not having Welker on the field.

Welker may be saying this is a "joke" but I don't believe that there isn't at least some truth in what he said.

But he is right,if he had played more against Arizona,who knows?

hernandez went down after what? 3 plays?

welker played a ton in that game...him playing more wouldnt have changed anything.

Bench Welker for the first drive and get over it. Love Wes, but that's what has to happen.

Bench him for what? did he make he make fun of belichick? did he insult him personally? seriously people these are human beings they make jokes, they are HUMAN he was joking! we need to stop this stuff everyone is to freaking sensitive and looking for a non story its amazing. People wonder why players dont talk to fans more often they are scared they might joke and next thing they know their life is going crazy. and if belichick benches him for a play he just made it into a bigger story can people think ahead anymore?

I strongly felt it was one of Belichick's bigger mistakes to bench Welker at the start of the NYJ playoff game. It proved an unwarranted distraction and removed the key cog of our offense on the first drive. The ensuing failure to execute a seldom-called play (for that offense) targeting a much lesser important piece of the offense never sat well with me.

Belichick doesn't let too many players get away with ribbing him (Vrabel). The unrivaled respect he garners from his team is part of the reason the whole Patriots dynamic works. I don't think Welker did anything to harm that - at all - but if Belichick perceives that he did, then he might sit him for a series. And I'd be OK with it, given the lesser stakes of this Sunday's game compared to the 2010 divisional game.

But I'm guessing Bill is fine with it. This is probably some ongoing Wally Pip-like thing; Belichick likes to motivate players and get on them. We know that. I'm sure Bill challenged Wes at the beginning of the year, and now Wes is responding with his play. It's likely something as innocuous as that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back