PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker has been on a Twinkie-diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I call it or did I call it

This will get no mention in the grand scheme of the sports media which I am totally fine with. But had this been Manning and Welker, i'm sure they would be talking about how Manning is such a competitor that he is already out there four months before training camp getting a rapport with Welker.

Although I wouldn't put it past Manning and Elway to now scramble to get Welker in the same town as Manning so they can film Manning throwing the ball to him for the media to talk about it.

Welker looks like I do in late November every year, since our two weeks off after the cross country season coincides with Thanksgiving.

Did I call it or did I call it

Call what?

ESPN ran an article a week ago or more about Brady throwing to TO and either throwing, or planning to throw to Amendola.

Call what?

ESPN ran an article a week ago or more about Brady throwing to TO and either throwing, or planning to throw to Amendola.

Yeah right, Jangles, the two situations are equivalent:

-Brady: Murky zoom lens photo leaked by a USC assistant coach who was looking out his office window.

-Manning: Mort from ESPN on site at the "Manning Passing Academy" to interview him and ESPN takes video from on the field (Yeah, like they weren't called out there - - they just "happened upon the scene").

D'ya think there is a SLIGHT difference there?

Last edited:
Look at Mort's smile while Peyton is talking....he looks like a love-struck teenage girl.

Yeah right, Jangles, the two situations are equivalent:

-Brady: Murky zoom lens photo leaked by a USC assistant coach who was looking out his office window.

-Manning: Mort from ESPN on site at the "Manning Passing Academy" to interview him and ESPN takes video from on the field (Yeah, like they weren't called out there - - they just "happened upon the scene").

D'ya think there is a SLIGHT difference there?

Holy tinfoil hats batman

Maybe Brady didn't want to be filmed. Who cares? The stuff some of you take offense to is astounding.

Holy tinfoil hats batman

Maybe Brady didn't want to be filmed. Who cares? The stuff some of you take offense to is astounding.

Disagreeing means "take offense"????

OK, Jangles, have a beer. Don't be so thin skinned. Life is more enjoyable that way.

The two situations were obviously different. If you can't tell the difference, I take no "offense". :D

Of course Brady didn't want to be filmed. And Manning chased down ESPN to be filmed. THAT is the difference and it says much about their different personas. No one was faulting the media - - the difference between the two QB's is their appetite for attention.

Last edited:
WWW will be ripped by the summer.

Wonder why ESPN wasn't interviewing Brady at USC... OH YEAH because he didn't send them a complete itinerary of his workout and allow a bunch of cameras to walk onto the field.

Love how it was a dual Manning bros event...what a bunch of media whores.

Welker did not have the six pack that most NFL players have but he looked a lot better then me lol I hope he has a great season with Denver

Welker did not have the six pack that most NFL players have but he looked a lot better then me lol I hope he has a great season with Denver

Screw that. I hope he and The Forehead both suck, miss the playoffs, and then retire.

Screw that. I hope he and The Forehead both suck, miss the playoffs, and then retire.

I think its more fun to have the media ball wash them all year as the SB winners only to see them be one and done in the playoffs lol

With all due respect, since I place most of the blame for l'affaire Welker on David Dunn, I hope that the Fivehead sucks, Welker does well, the Fivehead retires, and Welker returns to his rightful spot in New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down