PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker: Contract talks with Pats have gotten worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Welker "drop" was more of a bad throw than it was a non catch... I'm not pointing fingers at anyone because they are both great players and the Pat's would not have been in the Superbowl without both of them, but in my humble opinion it was far more Brady's fault than Welkers.

The Welker "drop" was more of a bad throw than it was a non catch... I'm not pointing fingers at anyone because they are both great players and the Pat's would not have been in the Superbowl without both of them, but in my humble opinion it was far more Brady's fault than Welkers.

wes-welker-drops-a-pass-in-the-super-bowl.jpg

While not a perfect pass, that was a perfectly catchable pass.

Last edited:

IMO it was catchable. Brady was hurt when hit back when he was 20 for 24, after that his accuracy was cooked - even a fan could see it. Critical situation, Brady executed it OK/fair. Welker wasn't even that good. It's like when you get blamed for an accident because you had the last clear chance to avoid the accident. Welker had that shot and failed.

I've been talking about him being dealt for a good year and a half. I hope they send him packing because his value to the Pats is less then it was, and soon to be much less for anyone. I had all that figured out before his drop.

BB runs the team for what will be, not for what was.

The pass hit Welker in both hands, he should have made the catch. Wasn't an ideal throw, but one your star WR needs to make with the game on the line.

The pass hit Welker in both hands, he should have made the catch. Wasn't an ideal throw, but one your star WR needs to make with the game on the line.

And when your hall of fame qb has an open receiver closeby and no pressure he should hit him squarely, not force the guy to turn around and jump. Welker should've caught it, but he shouldn't have had to catch it if it was thrown correctly.

It was catchable, but it wasn't exactly the best throw. I don't blame Welker for it.

Mods should just merge this thread with the poll about the catch thread...

If Wes can only make a catch that hits him between the numbers then its obvious he is not worth what he is demanding.You pay a premium for a receiver where the ball does not have to perfect in-order for them to make a catch.If one thinks all the hall of fame quaterbacks made perfect throws every time you are crazy.At some point receivers have to make plays, and if a ball hits both of the receivers hands there is no excuse for not making that catch.

And when your hall of fame qb has an open receiver closeby and no pressure he should hit him squarely, not force the guy to turn around and jump. Welker should've caught it, but he shouldn't have had to catch it if it was thrown correctly.

image.JPG

Brady injured his shoulder during the Tuck sack, that same shoulder he injured during the season. With an injured shoulder your mechanics are going to be off, it's not a matter of pain, you're simply not going to be able to recruit muscles in the same way which is going to disrupt your mechanics.

Wrong. An elite receiver should have to be able catch a less than perfect pass. A quarterback, hall of fame or not cannot be expected to always make perfect throws. Welker's numbers are benefited by a hall of fame quarterback. His legacy would be nothing without Brady. We're talking about one play and I don't want to define him for it but he has to make that one.

Last edited:
Wrong. An elite receiver should have to be able catch a less than perfect pass. A quarterback, hall of fame or not cannot be expected to always make perfect throws. Welker's numbers are benefited by a hall of fame quarterback. His legacy would be nothing without Brady. We're talking about one play and I don't want to define him for it but he has to make that one.

Nobody catches 100% of passes. Especially ones that aren't well thrown.

That wouldnt have been a circus catch, by any stretch of the imagination, plenty of NFL receivers make that catch all day long. It was a very catachable ball.

Big time moment for Brady....throws an imperfect but catchable ball. Big time moment for Welker....drops an imperfect but catchable ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes