PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker: "Belichick has no respect for anyone inside our locker room"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little guys are almost always wise asses who like to stir the pot just enough to rile up the boys.....but the boys eventually pick them up and stuff them into garbage cans.
In Wes' case, I suspect he is starting to feel irrelevant as a Bronco... so time to display some "leadership". Gotta give the team a reason to still pay attention to him.
What a remarkably uninformed post.

Welker: Belichick 'has no respect for anybody inside our locker room' | FOX Sports

According to FOX Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer, former Patriots wide out Wes Welker -- who joined the Broncos last season -- gave his new teammates some insight into how Patriots coach Bill Belichick feels about them.

"He has no respect for anybody in our locker room," Welker said.

But it didn't stop there.

"The Denver Broncos are front runners, the Denver Broncos can't finish anybody, the Denver Broncos only beat us in the championship game last year because we had injuries," Welker continued, according to Glazer.​
Does anyone doubt that's exactly what Belichick did say to the Patriots.??

welker is done after this year

Word was Welker considered retirement after last season. He probably should have followed through with it. He could get a ring this year, but he will likely done little to earn that ring. He clearly showed signs of decline last year before the two concussions, but since he has become a shell of his former self.

He is averaging 2-3 catches a game over the last month for23.5 yards a game. He was targeted 8 times on Sunday and caught three balls for 31 yards. That isn't because Manning has so many weapons (because that has been overrated since he has three weapons in the two Thomases and Sanders and nothing much else), it is because he is declining.

I have no respect for Welker. I was so happy when he got crunched and poetically dropped the ball for an INT. Guy just needs to retire, he's washed up.

the good news is...the Broncos can replace Welker with Amendola next season! Go Horsefaces!

I do remember being one of the "dumb" people who oooh'd and ah'd about how Edelman was like Welker v. 2.0 when he first flashed some ability. I got shouted down: they're not even similar players, Edelman can't even be mentioned in the same breath as Welker, etc. Pointing out that Welker was a return guy for Miami before we got hold of him was not helpful in making the contrary point.

Of course, to say "we knew it all along" is wrong too. I saw their point at the time and just shut up about it. The present is stuck between an irrelevant past and an unknown future at any moment. Hell, Randy Moss was "done" before the 2007 season, right?

I'm just happy Edelman did work out. I'm glad to see some synching up with LaFell. I'm glad Brady is adjusting and buying time like the old days, and I'm glad that the O-line is giving him enough time to throw... most downs.

And in two weeks we might all be on quasi-suicide-watch again just when we think the ship is righted.

Okay all that said.... at this particular point in time, I think this is a good place to be going into the bye week.

Lol I can imagine exactly what those posts probably looked like, and probably who shouted you down....

*Cough Andy Johnson Cough*

But seriously, I do remember quite the Edelman contingency on the board. I have always really liked Jules, always loved the way he made guys miss. But I thought it was just very hopeful optimism at best. I wasn't one of those guys vehemently opposed to the idea tho. Glad I was wrong in any case.

I'll drink to the rest of your post brother, party like its 2003.

I guess we can't play the hate-welker-for-cheap-shotting-talib card anymore...

"Bill Belichick put this on everybody's cellphone last year so we all thought about it last offseason... I mean until they got rid of Talib anyway..."

I do, I don't believe Belichick has ever told one of his teams that they lost because of injury, and he is way too cautious to make blanket statements like those Welker attributed to him. Given the fact that Welker wasn't even on the team the last two years i think it is total bullsh.t and none of it was ever said by Belichick. on the other hand I do believe Welker said it but he was giving his take on it, not Belichick's words. I think Belichick is in his head and that's why he is lashng out like that. Sad to see, i have always thought highly of Welker and this diminishes it.

Like Mrs Welker (a.k.a. Ivan) I was a big Welker fan. Even with his foot joke episode. I too am saddened to see him diminish himself in my eyes in his post Pats career. I just wish he'd gone on like Talib who engenders no animosity. Let's hope for Wes' sake he retires after his last game in January 2015.

Stick a fork in this guy, he's done like dinner. Hey Wes, I like my brains scrambled, not sunny side up.

Welker was a great Patriot - this revisionist history is annoying (and expected) - this is a guy that gives 110% to win games - who puts his body on line (perhaps too much) to help his team.

The guy is as close to a legitimate warrior as you could find on the football field - just watching him spring up after taking a huge hit and signalling 1st down really got the crowd pumped back in the day.

Manning will be responsible for ending his career - he always took less than average care about ball placement for his WR's now with a noodle for an arm its only going to get worse.

Yes. Welker was an excellent WR with the Patriots. I think folks are looney if they think otherwise. I don't believe folks should make fun of his concussions, just because he is no longer a Patriot. He was never a malcontent and always took the huge blows for the team.

Sadly, (IMO) Wes will most likely be released after this season with the Broncos. Will be be back with Patriots? Probably not.

He may end up with lowly-Raiders, or even the Jets/Bills/Browns/Bucs. I doubt he will retire due to concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back