PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker: "Belichick has no respect for anyone inside our locker room"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just competitive talk by a competitor trying to fire up his teammates. Part of the game.

Here are my random and probably inconsistently contradictory thoughts on Wes Welker.

1) I was among those who vocally argued that the Pats shouldn't have let Welker go and I'm not taking any of that back. The Pats would have been better off with him on the team.
2) His pick on Talib was one of the crappiest things I've ever watched in an NFL game.
3) As long as it wasn't a season- or career-ending injury, I don't feel at all bad about his being knocked out of the one game by the (clean) McCourty hit. Karma and all that.
4) If he'd have caught that damn ball, Brady would have his fourth ring.
5) I hope somebody close to him gets him to stop playing before he suffers permanent brain damage...if it isn't too late already.

Belicheck never like Welker and Welker never liked him. This isn't much of a surprise its just bulletin board stuff to get everyone up. Same thing Belicheck did before the Eagles Super Bowl telling the guys about the parade route they had planned through Philly. Little things like this (and the crucial drops) are things that always annoyed me about Welker.

Welker is a little *****. I really hated A) that he left to Denver and B) that he took less money that we offered and C) the way he has talked about BB and the Pats in general. Really ingrate attitude.

On the other hand, I thought Talib handled himself a lot more classy. I used to resent him for going to Denver, but clearly he got the better offer there. And I don't think we could blame him for that.

I thought Welker hurt his back on that McCourty violent hit I didn't know he hurt his head too.:p:D

Belicheck never like Welker and Welker never liked him. This isn't much of a surprise its just bulletin board stuff to get everyone up. Same thing Belicheck did before the Eagles Super Bowl telling the guys about the parade route they had planned through Philly. Little things like this (and the crucial drops) are things that always annoyed me about Welker.

Could you please provide us with actual proof that Belichick never liked Welker.. If not, your entire theory is BS..

I never thought bb and welker had an issue until welker thought he was worth x and bb thought he worth less than that.

Sad that it has come to this, but it seems to me that welker is hurt that he is no longer in foxboro.

Yesterday, he looked done to me. Too many concussions make him scared to get hit and I don't blame him. Manning hit him in the hands and he dropped it well before McCourtey hit him. He's been in the NFL 10 years. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but time to hang it up I think.
He was completely surrounded by DBs. That pass was a Manning Hospital Special, even if he'd held on to it.

I used to love Welker. I really did.

It sucks to say but I really don't care about him now, and not just because he left. I continually root for lots of individual ex-Patriots, but Welker followed Peyton to Denver. It's just not forgivable.

When McCourty folded him in half today, I enjoyed it.

Edelmen is a faster, and now better, version of the Wes Welker model. Wes was great in his prime, but he isn't there, anymore. Peyton's slow to arrive lobs are a danger to his surviving the season, IMHO.

At this point i think they really dislike each other, but i don't believe it was always that way, i think it began with the foot comments and got much more testy after Welker refused to sign their offers and took the franchise tag, at which point Belichick vowed to never offer him a dime more than the two for 16 would give him, which is why they wouldn't go beyond 5-6 when he hit free agency, as he had already gotten 10 from them for one. And once Welker took out Talib and Belichick called it dirty any respect that was once there was gone for good. I heard Belichick talking about receivers who could be counted upon and he never mentioned Welker despite the fact that he produced like a HOFer for them.

The decision to not fight tooth and nail to keep him has been vindicated IMO. It was never Welker or Amendola, it was always Welker or Jules. Watching Edelman flying around the field today compared to Wes was night and day.

The Pats knew they could replicate his production, or as near to it, with Jules and so it has proved true.

Just a shame the other guy hasn't worked out.
Thats 100% false. They didnt try hard to bring back Jules in 2013 by any means and only offered him a one year cheap deal.

And to think when he went to Denver Amendola was supposed to take his place but it's Edelman who became more clutch over WW and it's nice to see Amendola getting involved more and pitchin in with key receptions.

I am pleasantly surprised on how FAST Edelman is.Way faster than Welker.

Never missed a beat! Edelman makes those missle receptions from Brady and does it in slot, corner routes in end zone a multi dynamic weapon for Brady.

That was actually some good 'billboard' stuff by Welker. Unfortunately, for him and his team, it didn't change the outcome in any positive manner.

And Manning is going to get him killed before the year is out. He probably went to bed tonight mumbling "Tom wouldn't have thrown that ball high off my back shoulder, setting me up for a death shot. Tom would have led me low, keeping me safe." Welker knew what was coming, and you could see it in how he played the ball.

That's a part of the Brady/Manning debate that I think gets overlooked.

I'm Austin Collie and I approve this message.

*Paid for by the Austin Collie concussion fund.

It's hard to imagine Welker giving ANYONE a convincing pep talk with every few words punctuated by "ya know."

Last edited:
Absolutely, Jules shocked the world,
Including his own coaches.

I can remember telling a guy in my fantasy league to not select Julian Edelman because of his injury history and that he is only getting the targets because there isn't any one else. Swing and a miss.

The equivalent would be if Revis stunk and Arrington turned into Sherman, and us saying: "We knew we had Arrington to replace Talib all along".

After the 100th time it's said, people just accept it as fact I guess.

I do remember being one of the "dumb" people who oooh'd and ah'd about how Edelman was like Welker v. 2.0 when he first flashed some ability. I got shouted down: they're not even similar players, Edelman can't even be mentioned in the same breath as Welker, etc. Pointing out that Welker was a return guy for Miami before we got hold of him was not helpful in making the contrary point.

Of course, to say "we knew it all along" is wrong too. I saw their point at the time and just shut up about it. The present is stuck between an irrelevant past and an unknown future at any moment. Hell, Randy Moss was "done" before the 2007 season, right?

I'm just happy Edelman did work out. I'm glad to see some synching up with LaFell. I'm glad Brady is adjusting and buying time like the old days, and I'm glad that the O-line is giving him enough time to throw... most downs.

And in two weeks we might all be on quasi-suicide-watch again just when we think the ship is righted.

Okay all that said.... at this particular point in time, I think this is a good place to be going into the bye week.

Not by me. I was always an Edelperson fan. I though he could play Welker's slot rcvr position, however I never thought he'd be THIS good.

I always thought Welker was petty, even when he was here.
Little guys are almost always wise asses who like to stir the pot just enough to rile up the boys.....but the boys eventually pick them up and stuff them into garbage cans.
In Wes' case, I suspect he is starting to feel irrelevant as a Bronco... so time to display some "leadership". Gotta give the team a reason to still pay attention to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back