PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker: "Belichick has no respect for anyone inside our locker room"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought Welker was petty, even when he was here. His actions and words since he left for Denver have taken on a new level of pettiness (considering other organizations impose less constraints on their players behavior and speech).

Hey Welker - You were a nobody before you came to the Patriots. You were a good hard nosed player, Patriots recognized that, brought you in. You became famous because Belichick created ways for your utilization. Be grateful, you little twit. (That same applies to you, Aqib. Remember, you were a pariah before you came to the Patriots. No team wanted to touch you when the Bucs were giving you away for next to nothing).

Yesterday, he looked done to me. Too many concussions make him scared to get hit and I don't blame him. Manning hit him in the hands and he dropped it well before McCourtey hit him. He's been in the NFL 10 years. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but time to hang it up I think.

Hopefully, Wes sees the sense of retiring after his contract is up this year. He's still effective in spots but is on the decline and won't be getting paid enough to make the physical damage worth it.

There's a lot of butt hurt quotes coming out of that Broncos locker room.

Savage hit by McCourty last night. clean too. Unlike Wes's pick last year.

Payback = a *****
After what he did to talib last year and his quotes this year, i took great pleasure in watching him get wacked like that

If Welker actually said that sh.t then I have definitely lost some respect for him. I have no problem with him repeating things he actually heard Belichick say, that's his right, but in that piece he is apparently saying things he would never had access to because he was on Denver at the time. He may have said it but the lack of any quotations does make me wonder about the veracity of the report.

That said it is all true other than the idea that Belichick actually said it, which is bullsh.t because Belichick would never cite injuries as an excuse for losing any game, let alone a Championship game. I don't believe he has ever said that at any time in his career.

I LOVED Welker with the Pats, and hold no ill will towards him now. He is playing for a different team, and wants to win and will say whatever he thinks he has to say to fire up his team. I would do the same. Nothing to see here.

Welker was a great Patriot - this revisionist history is annoying (and expected) - this is a guy that gives 110% to win games - who puts his body on line (perhaps too much) to help his team.

The guy is as close to a legitimate warrior as you could find on the football field - just watching him spring up after taking a huge hit and signalling 1st down really got the crowd pumped back in the day.

Manning will be responsible for ending his career - he always took less than average care about ball placement for his WR's now with a noodle for an arm its only going to get worse.

The decision to not fight tooth and nail to keep him has been vindicated IMO. It was never Welker or Amendola, it was always Welker or Jules. Watching Edelman flying around the field today compared to Wes was night and day.

The Pats knew they could replicate his production, or as near to it, with Jules and so it has proved true.

Just a shame the other guy hasn't worked out.

This just isn't true though. It's complete revisionist history. Jules got offered a low take it or leave it deal and Amendola got the nice contract immediately after the Welker talks fizzled.

Amendola was supposed to be his replacement. The pats just got lucky on Jules as they let him test the market TWICE. That's fine, sometimes you need a little luck. But for us to act like Julian Edelman was the master plan all along is silly.

This just isn't true though. It's complete revisionist history. Jules got offered a low take it or leave it deal and Amendola got the nice contract immediately after the Welker talks fizzled.

Amendola was supposed to be his replacement. The pats just got lucky on Jules as they let him test the market TWICE. That's fine, sometimes you need a little luck. But for us to act like Julian Edelman was the master plan all along is silly.

Right on the money. The patriots would not have signed Amendola had they realized that Edelman would turn into the player he has turned into. props to Edelman for making himself into a great player.

Right on the money. The patriots would not have signed Amendola had they realized that Edelman would turn into the player he has turned into. props to Edelman for making himself into a great player.

Absolutely, Jules shocked the world,
Including his own coaches.

I can remember telling a guy in my fantasy league to not select Julian Edelman because of his injury history and that he is only getting the targets because there isn't any one else. Swing and a miss.

The equivalent would be if Revis stunk and Arrington turned into Sherman, and us saying: "We knew we had Arrington to replace Talib all along".

After the 100th time it's said, people just accept it as fact I guess.

Not to get all all Freud on the board, but pretty sure that's called "projection."

You're right--the contrast between Manning's floaters over the middle and Brady's laser beams was never any more evident than yesterday.

Manning simply cannot handle a strong wind, period, and i absolutely love it when anyone cites it as an EXCUSE for him because Brady has played an entire career facing the elements and has still had a better career than Manning has had, and even Manning's long time coach (Dungy) has acknowledged that fact. Manning has not had to deal with the elements and has had a stacked offense throughout his career, whereas Brady has played a career in the elements and hos only had a few top flight weapons for much shorter terms, yet Manning has still not accomplished anything close to what Brady has in terms of winning. Manning is however the Greatest Fantasy Football Player Of All Time, and that's beyond dispute, just look at his personal stats, for what they are worth...........

After he dropped that ball which would give us the SB victory, someone dumped a pile of Butterfingers in Boston. Everyone in the city came to his defense. Welker you little phucker, keep catching those ducks and you would not play long enough to yap.

Welker: Belichick 'has no respect for anybody inside our locker room' | FOX Sports

According to FOX Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer, former Patriots wide out Wes Welker -- who joined the Broncos last season -- gave his new teammates some insight into how Patriots coach Bill Belichick feels about them.

"He has no respect for anybody in our locker room," Welker said.

But it didn't stop there.

"The Denver Broncos are front runners, the Denver Broncos can't finish anybody, the Denver Broncos only beat us in the championship game last year because we had injuries," Welker continued, according to Glazer.​

welkers correct. the broncos only beat us last year because we had injuries!!:D

love the new gigantic helmet :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing