PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker: "Belichick has no respect for anyone inside our locker room"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzorianPats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Welker: Belichick 'has no respect for anybody inside our locker room' | FOX Sports

According to FOX Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer, former Patriots wide out Wes Welker -- who joined the Broncos last season -- gave his new teammates some insight into how Patriots coach Bill Belichick feels about them.

"He has no respect for anybody in our locker room," Welker said.

But it didn't stop there.

"The Denver Broncos are front runners, the Denver Broncos can't finish anybody, the Denver Broncos only beat us in the championship game last year because we had injuries," Welker continued, according to Glazer.​

That was actually some good 'billboard' stuff by Welker. Unfortunately, for him and his team, it didn't change the outcome in any positive manner.

And Manning is going to get him killed before the year is out. He probably went to bed tonight mumbling "Tom wouldn't have thrown that ball high off my back shoulder, setting me up for a death shot. Tom would have led me low, keeping me safe." Welker knew what was coming, and you could see it in how he played the ball.

That's a part of the Brady/Manning debate that I think gets overlooked.

Welker is a clown. He's shown his true colors the past few years. He dosnt handle the media well. Not the greatest teammate. How do these comments help the Denver Broncos?

And to think when he went to Denver Amendola was supposed to take his place but it's Edelman who became more clutch over WW and it's nice to see Amendola getting involved more and pitchin in with key receptions.

I used to love Welker. I really did.

It sucks to say but I really don't care about him now, and not just because he left. I continually root for lots of individual ex-Patriots, but Welker followed Peyton to Denver. It's just not forgivable.

When McCourty folded him in half today, I enjoyed it.

The decision to not fight tooth and nail to keep him has been vindicated IMO. It was never Welker or Amendola, it was always Welker or Jules. Watching Edelman flying around the field today compared to Wes was night and day.

The Pats knew they could replicate his production, or as near to it, with Jules and so it has proved true.

Just a shame the other guy hasn't worked out.

I'm glad it worked out how it did. I wish no ill intent to Welker. With Edelman we didn't miss a beat and Brady has trusted him and Edelman has come thru especially when Brady was focused only on him & Gronk.

I'm struggling to find the significance. o_O

Is this supposed to be a direct quote? Don't all indications seem to be that Denver fits that description to a T?

I hope he's always allowed to give the pregame pep talks. It's hilarious to imagine him saying these things to pump everyone up when what he's actually doing is planting a seed of doubt.

Bruschi and Harrison would play the "no respect" card in the Super Bowl years to fire the team up, so I don't find this overly shocking.

Or maybe the head shots have triggered some psychic ability as he may be closer to correct after the beatdown this game.

There is a fine line between not having respect for an opponent and just wanting to win a game. Wes seems to be making this a little more personal than it is.

I'm struggling to find the significance. o_O

Is this supposed to be a direct quote? Don't all indications seem to be that Denver fits that description to a T?

The truth hurts...

The funny thing is I think a lot of the Broncos think Belichick is right. If the Pats weren't injured last year and had Gronk, they probably kick their arses.

Welker also omitted another thing Belichick thinks - Welker is on a serious decline and he was right to play hardball with him and better off that he moved on.

Even after all this stuff, I still like Welker. But boy is he coming off as a whiny baby.

Looks like Dr Robert Leonard's needle and thread went a little too deep into WW's scalp.

He has an axe to grind w/ BB. I am convinced of this.

So... BB would've said a bunch of stuff that's true...
Broncos are front-runners CHECK
Only beat us due to injuries CHECK

Yap... sounds right!

If nothing else, Welker could have a future in football analysis for CBS or some such. His comments were on the money, it seems.

...that is, if he leaves the game now before Manning puts him in a vegetative state with another duck over the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back