PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker Appreciation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that mystifies me is that WW is not even mentioned for Comeback Player of the Year. In all probability the award will go to Vick, but for WW to fight back from major knee surgery, the very part of the body he relies on most to make his plays is nothing short of spectacular. The last two games he has been phenomenal. But I guess there is only so much Patriot praise to go around in media circles and he is being severely overlooked and under-appreciated for his remarkable recovery and return to form.

Welker should be a lock for comeback player of the year. It should only go to those who come back from injury and not incarceration.

Anyone know how much longer he's under contract with the Patriots?

The thing that mystifies me is that WW is not even mentioned for Comeback Player of the Year. In all probability the award will go to Vick, but for WW to fight back from major knee surgery, the very part of the body he relies on most to make his plays is nothing short of spectacular. The last two games he has been phenomenal. But I guess there is only so much Patriot praise to go around in media circles and he is being severely overlooked and under-appreciated for his remarkable recovery and return to form.

This.

NFL and the media have 31 other fanbases to please. In reality, Brady is a virtual lock for MVP, BB should be in the top 2 for COTY, and WW is the no-brainer nominee for CPOTY. He's come back from a season ending injury in an inhumanly low period of time, in the same way that Mickey comes back and knocks out that big english dude at the end of Snatch. Whereas Vick hasn't as much 'come back' as he well 'let back in' by a League that understands that a controversial player attracts viewership (not to take anything away from Vick's performance).

All in all, the NFL hates the Pats' dominance almost as much as the other 31 teams do, because it turns off the other fans and thus reduces their revenues.

Oh and thanks for bumping the thread. I had made it before WW got injured and came back to prove that he is in fact bionic. I take the opportunity to repost this epic post regarding WW's recovery:
How can one man be such a manly manly man? I do not get it. That's the guy I want next to me in a foxhole.

If he keeps it up, this bromance will not remain platonic.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...oks-like-he-might-play-page2.html#post1958542
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back