PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker Appreciation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain_Commando

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I did a little search and found only one WW83 appreciation thread. So in light of the fact that today, Wes became the ONLY player in the history of the NFL to have 3 consecutive seasons (in fact in 3 any seasons) with 110+ catches, I thought it was only fair that to make another such thread.

To one of, if not THE most consistent Patriot...the littlest guy on the field with the biggest heart and tough as nails. A veritable juggernaut, quick as a flash, a nightmare for opposing defences. Mr. Welker, Sir...here's to you!

:youtheman:

He pretty much is the Patriots. It's Tom Brady first and then Wes Welker. I don't know what we would do without him . . . . except maybe lose :)

I did a little search and found only one WW83 appreciation thread. So in light of the fact that today, Wes became the ONLY player in the history of the NFL to have 3 consecutive seasons (in fact in 3 any seasons) with 110+ catches, I thought it was only fair that to make another such thread.

To one of, if not THE most consistent Patriot...the littlest guy on the field with the biggest heart and tough as nails. A veritable juggernaut, quick as a flash, a nightmare for opposing defences. Mr. Welker, Sir...here's to you!

:youtheman:

Gee, I wonder where you found that stat. :snob:

Seriously, though: WELK SMASH!

1782d1226411818-caption-buf-ne-welker_wes_83621366.jpg

There have been a few Wes Welker appreciation threads.. I know that I, for one, wanted Welker back in 2006 when I knew he'd be an RFA... And yes, I said I wanted the Pats to sign him if Miami tendered him as a 2nd rounder.

Wes reminds me of Wayne Chrebet of the Jets. The difference is that Wes hasn't gotten the concussions that Chrebet did. Chrebet was a friggin warrior out there and he is defeinitly one of the few players I respected on the Jets..

WES is this team's MVP. What is disgustingly scary is that Wes had those 122 receptions in just 13 games. Imagine what he'd have if he'd played in all 15 games..

Wes is my hero

if I ever see him in person I'm definitely stuffing him in the trunk of my car so he can keep me safe

I love WW.......... (goes without saying).

Seriously. I think WW would be pushing 150 catches this year had he played the whole year. That is SICK. What's the NFL record? He has to be close.

I do worry about his durability. He routinely gets killed out there. I worry about his long term health.

Wes is my hero

if I ever see him in person I'm definitely stuffing him in the trunk of my car so he can keep me safe

You sure you wouldn't settle for an Edelman instead? It's almost as good as the original. . . . :D

What's the NFL record? He has to be close.

Not so close, actually. The record I believe is 143, so he'd need to tie or beat Marshall's single-game reception record to own the single-season record. On the other hand, breaking what is (I think) the tie for 3rd place only needs one more reception. If he had his average production in the other two games, though, he'd only need about four receptions to break the record, which is rather insane.

Last edited:
I love WW.......... (goes without saying).

Seriously. I think WW would be pushing 150 catches this year had he played the whole year. That is SICK. What's the NFL record? He has to be close.

I do worry about his durability. He routinely gets killed out there. I worry about his long term health.

He isn't close. NFL record is like 143 or something set by Marvin Harrison. If he hadn't missed any time he would have beaten it.

Welker is obviously a beast but I wish Brady wouldn't focus so much on him. Try to get other receivers involved as well. I guess it's hard to do that when you have a guy like Welker that is open all the time and has some pretty damn good hands, but I feel like if Welker is ever taken out of the game by an opposing team the Patriots offense is done.

I love what Welker brings to this team. He's making his way onto my short list of favorite all-time Patriots.

Though, he does take a beating. I wish him well in life after football. Even without concussions, all those hits can add up.

I love what Welker brings to this team. He's making his way onto my short list of favorite all-time Patriots.

Though, he does take a beating. I wish him well in life after football. Even without concussions, all those hits can add up.

This.

Good to see Brady spread the ball around (somewhat) in the JAX game. I hope that trend continues.

This.
I think about it ,all the time , i hope you make it to the retirement safe, mr Welker.

Last edited:
This.
I think about it ,all the time , i hope you make it to the retirement safe, mr Welker.

This post is a little self-serving, dont you think? :p

Ahh, you've more than earned it :D

Welker is the Man :rocker:

856b17fb87_wes_12032008.jpg

capt.7528021610194e8798266158709efaa1.jaguars_patriots_football_fbo107.jpg

Wes Welker picks up yardage after pulling in a pass from quarterback Tom Brady

capt.0f077f76b395406fb77869c3282defde.jaguars_patriots_football_fbo206.jpg

Wes Welker stretches as he tries to reach the end zone

I have to bump this because of the branch appreciation thread.

Did you see Welker out there yesterday, he looked like he relished playing in this stuff. He is reliable, smart dedicated and dependable and talented like nobodys business.

I just love how this kid plays....and I am glad we have him.

Does anyone on the team without a ring better exemplify the Patriot Way than Wes Welker?

If this team wins a certain game, I expect him to have an opportunity to hold a certain trophy very early in the presentation ceremony.

Maybe this one's for Wes. :cool:

I loved it yesterday...Wes was so fired up after his first catch...I told my husband- Wes is in a mood...this is gonna be awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes