PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Freagin' Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're a Jets fan, then? You probably shouldn't be talking about any other team's receivers.

Nope. Patriots fan. I just don't like Welker because he's vastly overrated and cost this team a SB.

Nope. Patriots fan. I just don't like Welker because he's vastly overrated and cost this team a SB.

You're right. The defense allowing the opposition to complete 30 of 40 passes through the air and control T.O.P. had nothing to do with it.

:bricks:

You're right. The defense allowing the opposition to complete 30 of 40 passes through the air and control T.O.P. had nothing to do with it.

:bricks:

Welker had the win in his hands and he dropped it. Everyone watching the game saw that. I understand you're a gigantic Welker fan and all, but the dude straight up lost the game with that drop. Even Phil Simms alluded to it just a few weeks ago, Baltimore game I believe.

Last edited:
Welker had the win in his hands and he dropped it. Everyone watching the game saw that. I understand you're a gigantic Welker fan and all, but the dude straight up lost the game with that drop. Even Phil Simms alluded to it just a few weeks ago, Baltimore game I believe.

For one, Simms didn't do the Baltimore game. For another, I don't recall Simms saying anything of the sort. For a third, Welker should have caught the pass. For a fourth, the defense is as much to blame for the loss as anyone. If they hadn't allowed the Giants offense to control the clock, the offense gets more possessions in the game. As it stands, the offense did enough to win the game before the defense, as it usually does, proceeded to give it up through the air. The defense lost the game for us in the end. Not the offense.

Last edited:
:)

Please post stats on the percentage of balls thrown to Welker that are caught compared to other top receivers.

And he was also a catch away from making Brady another SB MVP.

wes-welker-drop.jpg

Welker is overrated. You pay 9 million for Larry Fitz and Calvin Johnson. Not stone hands, old man Welker.

It wasn't the best throw from Brady either.

As much as this guy has done for this team to allow them to even play in the superbowl, he's allowed to drop one badly thrown pass. Even if its the game winning TD in the superbowl. We were all mad, but so what. It doesn't take away what Welker has done for this organization and team.

You can't be a Patriots fan.

No intelligent Patriots fan calls Welker "stone hands" and means it, since that's clearly not true. For example, Football outsiders had Welker at #3 (71%) in the NFL in catch rate last year, behind only Colston (75%) and Harvin (72%). So far this season, he's at 73%.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that means you're not a Patriots fan. So.....

Jets fan

No intelligent Patriots fan calls Welker "stone hands" and means it, since that's clearly not true. For example, Football outsiders had Welker at #3 (71%) in the NFL in catch rate last year, behind only Colston (75%) and Harvin (72%). So far this season, he's at 73%.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that means you're not a Patriots fan. So.....

Jets fan

Actually even a moronic patriot fan wouldn't make that claim.

It's either NEM or a Jet fan.

when i saw welker catch that td pass for you guys in seattle, first thing i thought of was his drop in the sb

maybe he's not the nate kaeding of slot wrs , maybe he'll get another shot in a sb

and he was also a catch away from making brady another sb mvp.

wes-welker-drop.jpg

welker is overrated. You pay 9 million for larry fitz and calvin johnson. Not stone hands, old man welker.

don't bite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually even a moronic patriot fan wouldn't make that claim.

NEM was a moronic Patriot fan.

when i saw welker catch that td pass for you guys in seattle, first thing i thought of was his drop in the sb

maybe he's not the nate kaeding of slot wrs , maybe he'll get another shot in a sb

LOL, I like that. The Nate Kaeding of slot WRs. This is the only place on this earth where people think the Superbowl loss isn't Welker's fault. The guy choked in the biggest moment of his life.

Jose sounds a lot like sbpatsfan (IIRC) ... another troll who was banned here some months back.

NEM has a disdain for New England Patriots offensive coordinators.

Thus, this anti-Welker clown is a Jets Fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey