PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Freagin' Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with resigning those players. it has everything to do with paying a 30 something WR top money over a 3-4 year period when he isn't getting any younger

Yeah go by his chronological age not your "lying eyes" that tells you he hasn't lost a step and is still the most dominant slot guy in the NFL. They took a 5 million dollar shot on OchoCinco but will refuse to invest top rate WR money to a WR who has relentlessly been a top rate WR...makes perfect sense to me.

If Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers uses Welker to light us up next season we can justify the torching by saying "yeah but he is older than 30".

BTW how old is Brady? Oh wait age rightfully doesn't matter if an elite QB continues to play at an elite level but an elite WR instantly turns into a salary sucking pumpkin north of age 30.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wes Welker may seriously be the toughest SOB I've witnessed in a long while.

Seeing him take that shot to the head yesterday, then go over to the trainers and lie + point to his chest made me realize that. He could barely see straight after that hit, yet nothing seems to keep him down.

I wish they could come to a reasonable solution where both sides compromise on their stance a bit.

I would love to see him play here another few years and retire a Patriot.

It has nothing to do with resigning those players. it has everything to do with paying a 30 something WR top money over a 3-4 year period when he isn't getting any younger
No one knows, at this point in time with 100% certainty, that the New England Patriots organization and Wes Welker will or will not come to terms in the future.

Last edited:

Seeing him take that shot to the head yesterday, then go over to the trainers and lie + point to his chest made me realize that. He could barely see straight after that hit, yet nothing seems to keep him down.

I wish they could come to a reasonable solution where both sides compromise on their stance a bit.

The hit was delivered to his chest.

The hit was delivered to his chest.

It sure appeared that he got his helmet pushed back, right on/under his facemask.

It certainly looked on television that he received a blow to the head, or at the very least his facemask.

He got his bell rung pretty good.

I do to. Im still worried that Brady is targeting him and Gronk to much. Its like he does not have complete confidence in brandon lloyd yet, or his 1st reads are always to welker, then gronk. I don't really know, Kind of chewing a straw here, but I think lloyd could have been a difference maker in the seattle game.
But I didn't check if he was open yet.

And how many Superbowls has he brought this team? Lets not overstate his value people.

And how many Superbowls has he brought this team? Lets not overstate his value people.

Let's understand football as a game actually. One man doesn't "bring" the TEAM a superbowl, the TEAM brings the TEAM a superbowl. If BB and the organization can overstate Ochostinko's value, then atleast Welker deserves to be overstated.

LMAO...he was a David Tyree helmet catch away from being a vital cog in a perfect season Superbowl win on a team that would've been widely considered the GOAT. Using your logic the Tyree catch makes him less of a player because Welker didn't "bring" a Superbowl win.

Do people forget the Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell years...consistent and elite WRs aren't exactly a dime a dozen. Look at it this way let's say Welker played for Green Bay over the past few years and put up the exact numbers he has with the Pats. You don't think BB would want to sign him if he were a F/A?

BTW how many Superbowls, better yet how many playoff appearances did Ocho Cinco "bring" to the Bengals? That didn't stop the Pats from paying him serious dough.

Last edited:
LMAO...he was a David Tyree helmet catch away from being a vital cog in a perfect season Superbowl win on a team that would've been widely considered the GOAT. Using your logic the Tyree catch makes him less of a player because Welker didn't "bring" a Superbowl win.

And he was a David Tyree helmet catch away from being the Super Bowl MVP.

Last edited:
It sure appeared that he got his helmet pushed back, right on/under his facemask.

It certainly looked on television that he received a blow to the head, or at the very least his facemask.

He got his bell rung pretty good.

I think the whiplash effect caused his head to snap back. From what I saw there was little to no contact with the facemask and none to any other parts of the head, and we're lucky it was a clean hit because that was a whopper. The snapping effect on its own could cause a concussion, but I'm guessing WW was being honest about his immediate issue being his chest. It still speaks volumes for how tough he is; I know if I was on the receiving end of such a blow I'd be laying on the ground for 5-10 minutes and would've likely lost my lunch.

This does make me wonder how many concussions are missed as a result of other injuries suffered during hits. From my experiences you often don't realize something is off until the pain/action/etc. calms down.

He's shown me for the last five years why he deserves the big contract. He'll get it even if it's not NE that gives it to him.

And he was a David Tyree helmet catch away from being the Super Bowl MVP.

And he was also a catch away from making Brady another SB MVP.

wes-welker-drop.jpg

Welker is overrated. You pay 9 million for Larry Fitz and Calvin Johnson. Not stone hands, old man Welker.

wes-welker-drop.jpg

Welker is overrated. You pay 9 million for Larry Fitz and Calvin Johnson. Not stone hands, old man Welker.

Who are you?

Jose....rookie posting status, no vital input being stated and just a plain out downer.

You just called him "stone hands", however, he just TIED the 15 game 100-yard game streak Sunday set by Jerry Rice. Anytime you can join any catagory with the likes of the great Jerry Rice, you are worth it.

I'll bet your last name is Sanchez too....

Last edited:
Who are you?

Jose....rookie posting status, no vital input being stated and just a plain out downer.

You just called him "stone hands", however, he just TIED the 15 game 100-yard game streak Sunday set by Jerry Rice. Anytime you can join any catagory with the likes of the great Jerry Rice, you are worth it.

I'll bet your last name is Sanchez too....

Great, another regular season achievement he can add to his list that doesn't include any meaningful postseason victories. Jerry Rice won SBs, Welker doesn't. It's simple as that.

Last edited:
Great, another regular season achievement he can add to his list that doesn't include any meaningful postseason victories.

You act like the guy can win games on his own, like he can win the superbowl on his own.

Show me one receiver that can call the plays, read the defenses, throw the ball, protect the passer (which would be himmself) according to your bogus argument, then catch the ball for the TD.

Guessing you're here for the Jets game only...

wes-welker-drop.jpg

So you're a Jets fan, then? You probably shouldn't be talking about any other team's receivers.

Last edited:
Great, another regular season achievement he can add to his list that doesn't include any meaningful postseason victories. Jerry Rice won SBs, Welker doesn't. It's simple as that.

Welcome back, NEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back