Reaction score
Overall?

Defense?

Offense?

mgteich said:
Overall?

Defense?

Offense?

i really think we simply did not play well in all phases of the game - period. Only getting 6 points in the first half was ridiculous.

Little has been said about the fact that the Jests were coming off a bye giving Mangini 2 wks to prepare against a team he knew inside out. IMO, however, the real reason for the loss was simply execution. As a team, the Jests seemed to all know what they were doing and did it more consistently than the Pats did. They won much more handily than the score indicated.

It may be that Denver showed teams how to beat the Pat's 3-4, and the Pat's haven't figured out how to counter that yet. Another factor is losing Willie McGuinest who could really pressure the QB.

Meanwhile Belichick must be wondering why Brady looked great under Weis but seems to be going down-hill under McDaniels.

Nope. Just played badly. Gabriel's fumble. Maroney going wide on the 2. Hobbs not going after the ball. Etc. We moved the ball better than they did, the yardage totals show it. We just made the big mistake. Sucks for us.

Vrabel said they didn't play smart football, didn't make adjustments quick enough.

I'll go with what he says.

The Jets did all day what the Patriots should have been doing to them.

The Pats have the better QB, TEs, RBs, that should have been them dinking and dunking and moving it down the field on a 9 minute drive.

The D did enough to win, they kept them to 17 points despite the turn-overs.

The Offense failed to score a TD twice when they were within 10. I feel bad for Dillon and Maroney, that was a game they should have touched the ball 40 times or more between the two of them... not less than 25.

We continue to be outcoached in regards to Patriots offense vs. opponents defense. Josh McDaniels has yet to catch heat from the media but it's clear as day his game plans leave a lot to be desired and play calling is very predictable. He's shown he isn't able to adjust during the game and has no patience to stick with whats working. He's only what 28 years old? Most defensive cordinators have almost as many years coaching as he's been living. That will continue to be the mismatch we see every gameday for the Patriots.

And to think we use to ***** about Charlie Weis.............nutz.

mgteich said:
Overall?

Defense?

Offense?
I think we've been outcoaching ourselves.

I broke down the film last night and found some amazing observations that in my mind lay the defeat squarely at the feet of the Patriots Coaching staff.

Prior to the last 2 drives of the game when the Patriots had to throw on 1st down, the offense threw on 16 of 26 first downs against the 28th ranked rush defense in the league on a rainy and mucky day, where it was virtually impossible to plant and pass, or run routes crisply. 62.5 % pass vs 37.5 % rush on first down. This is absolutely horrible play calling in my opinion, especially when considering the weakness of the opponent.

Also on 5, 3rd downs in which the Patriots threw and failed to convert, the receiver never received the ball at or beyond the 1st down marker, effectively killing the drive. Why bother calling the play, running the route or throwing the pass. The coaches have got to tell the receivers to get beyond the yard marker. This has got to be drilled into everyone?s head. That many guys not executing is a result of bad coaching and a lack of communication and stressing fundamentals. Some of the blame goes to the players here, but I have to question wheter McDaniels is stressing the small things.

jczxohn1 said:
Little has been said about the fact that the Jests were coming off a bye giving Mangini 2 wks to prepare against a team he knew inside out.

I for one have mentioned it in just about every post on this topic. Now there's another thread about being "out coached". Hmmm one team gets two weeks one team gets one week. Shocker. :p

Last edited:
The game was very simply this - The Jets offensive and defensive lines just kicked our ass both ways,Our D-Line went backwards most of the game and our O-line was pushed into Brady's pocket space most of the game too...Its as simply as ABC here,they were more forceful and we got bullied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye