PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On to Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
that means we have definitely improved offensively

Is that really up for debate at this point? And who said confidence that NE will win is the same as thinking they'll throw a 40-burger on the board? Can't they win 27-17?

Only thing which might be an issue is if the pats come out flat after a marquee matchup for a home game with a complacent attitude and looking ahead too soon. If they play with the same intensity like they have played last few weeks they will be fine.

The lions play us tough defensively.

You mean their week 3 preseason SuperBowls?

Because I know you aren't talking about the 2010 game on Thanksgiving.

Never too early to start saying it, right?

Main talking points in the days leading up to this game:
  • Revis/Megatron. Who wins the heavyweight matchup?
  • Pats O-line/Lions D-line. Can the interior of Wendell/Stork/Connolly hold up against the thugs lead by Suh?
  • Will Gray continue to impress after his breakout game?
  • Will the Pats be able to cover the Lions TEs of Ebron/Fauria/etc.?
  • Will the Lions be able to cover Gronkows....actually it's not even worth asking if we know the answer :D
I think this game has the potential to be a close one, but I feel as though the Pats matchup well against Detroit and should be able to eek out the W

Someone probably said this, but, Lions are #1 against the RUN. That said, I think it might be passing-heavy. Lions DBs are not very good.

IMO - Lions are not very good in the elements, especially the COLD. I think this would be a "W".

Someone probably said this, but, Lions are #1 against the RUN. That said, I think it might be passing-heavy. Lions DBs are not very good.

IMO - Lions are not very good in the elements, especially the COLD. I think this would be a "W".
Wasn't Denver #1 at least up to the pats game?

I think it would make sense to put Revis on Tate..lock him down..and double CJ. But i could be way off

Revis on Tate I agree, to me he is the biggest threat. But like others said the Lions defense is dam good, I'm not so sure the DB's are that bad, but I know the LB's are good and very hard hitting. This is not a walk in the park by any means. I do think if they can win this one they can put up a good game against Green Bay, which that and Miami are my biggest worries. But I expect a lower scoring game for NE this time, the lions haven't given up more than 24 points to anyone. But buffalo beat them. SU is playing crazy good so Brady needs to watch him.

I think its safe to assume gray wont feature much in this game. Lions are a very good rush D. Our pass protection has to be spot because brady is going to be throwing a lot. Any update on the fleming injury?

I don't fear the Lions in the least, but if you are going to chide them for their early season losses, you have to do the same for NE.

Losing to the 6-4 Dolphins and losing to the 7-3 Chiefs is not remotely in the same ball park as the Lions losing to the 3-7-1 Carolina Panthers:eek:.

The Chiefs are interesting - they swept the AFC East and beat the Seahawks, Chargers and Rams. Their three losses are to the Broncos, 2-8 Titans, and schizoid 6-4 49ers. If they beat the Broncos at home in two weeks, they're a major threat for the #1 seed in the AFC.

Last edited:
On to Detroit.

Hopefully, we can get a win and focus on closing out this very tough 6 game stretch with the back to back road game trip.

Anyone have any idea as to whether or not the team will be staying on the road for the games @GB + @SD? It would obviously make sense, but certainly isn't written in stone either.

On to Detroit.

Hopefully, we can get a win and focus on closing out this very tough 6 game stretch with the back to back road game trip.

Anyone have any idea as to whether or not the team will be staying on the road for the games @GB + @SD? It would obviously make sense, but certainly isn't written in stone either.

Yes they are going straight to California after they leave Green Bay

Losing to the 6-4 Dolphins and losing to the 7-3 Chiefs is not remotely in the same ball park as the Lions losing to the 3-7-1 Carolina Panthers:eek:.

The Chiefs are interesting - they swept the AFC East and beat the Seahawks, Chargers and Rams. Their three losses are to the Broncos, 2-8 Titans, and schizoid 6-4 49ers. If they beat the Broncos at home in two weeks, they're a major threat for the #1 seed in the AFC.
They still have to play AZ and Steelers on the road and this raider game on thursday is a trap game.

Revis on Golden Tate, and let Browner work on Megatron with help from Chung.

Carolina was playing well at the time, and NE didn't just lose they were destroyed by KC and thrashed over the final 30 minutes in Miami. The end result is the same, neither team is playing the same as they were in the beginning of the year.

I can see the argument for why KC is theoretically a threat, but I just don't think they are playing well enough for it to be a convincing one.

Except I don't think Detroit flew to Mass. right after the Arizona game like the Pats are flying to California after the Packers game.
Why, they don't like our beaches in late November?

As TB said (source ESPN) "...“I think it’s cold pretty much here on out,” Brady said. “There’s no dome games or any of that BS. It’s all football weather from here on out.”..."

So, I like our chances and stick to my assertion that the Lions D might not have the same comfort and rhythm that they are used to in a dome.

"Any of that BS"

Hah, I love it. Tom, you have the correct mindset. Domes blow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes