PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely love that Brady will not be overlooking any team this year, and he will not let anyone on the team do it either. Every Dallas defensive player will have Goodells head on them Ala Bobby Beauchay

First off, I hope we light them up. I can't stand Jerry Jones. I'm interested in who will cover Gronk and Edelman. Those two could have some favorable matchups and have big days. Even if they somehow double team them, I like our chances with Amendola, Dobson, and Martin running out and getting open. I'm also curious about our "thunder and lightning" with Lewis and Blount. I'd like to think we can run all over them just like the Falcons did.

I don't see any scenario in which this game is anything other than a blow out.

I do. Greg Hardy abuses our OT (whoever it is.. we rotate a lot) and causes maybe a fumble or int or both. Pats DL can't get pressure against the Dallas OL and our secondary is exposed a bit.

I could see both happening and it would make the game close.

Sean Lee was the kind of player that can match up (relatively speaking) with Gronk in the passing game. Not enough to shut him down of course, but maybe like Wagner in the Super Bowl where he can force a turnover with his coverage. If he can't go, they have no answer for Gronk.

I do. Greg Hardy abuses our OT (whoever it is.. we rotate a lot) and causes maybe a fumble or int or both. Pats DL can't get pressure against the Dallas OL and our secondary is exposed a bit.

I could see both happening and it would make the game close.

No one has abused our OL so far this season. With Brady getting the ball out in under 2 seconds, it will be though for anyone to disrupt the passing game.

The Dallas Oline has struggled and aren't exactly playing like the best Oline in the league.

Maybe I should rephrase - I don't see any realistic scenario in which this game is anything other than a blow out.

Without Dez, Romo, and Lee this game *should* be a thorough demolition.

lets hope so!! wouldn't mind running up the score in " jerry world ". hopefully, the camera shows his face during the game so we can see his reactions after we score. :D
empty sets/let brady rip them to shreds.

No one has abused our OL so far this season. With Brady getting the ball out in under 2 seconds, it will be though for anyone to disrupt the passing game.

The Dallas Oline has struggled and aren't exactly playing like the best Oline in the league.

Maybe I should rephrase - I don't see any realistic scenario in which this game is anything other than a blow out.

Well i don't think it will happen either. Just saying those things concern me.

Solder might be on an island vs Hardy and if so I could see it going bad. He had a good game against us last time we played him. Also their OL has under performed but the talent is there. Could have a good day.vs us.

Now I do think we will comfortably but these are worth watching IMO

There are much better teams to run up the score on than Dallas. Unlike so many other teams out there, far as I know they haven't done anything to earn the enmity or wrath of Pats or Pats fans.... I'm just wishing for a solid injury free game on both sides resulting in the usual outcome.

You would have to imagine Hardy and Rolando McClain are at least a little rusty

Sean Lee was the kind of player that can match up (relatively speaking) with Gronk in the passing game. Not enough to shut him down of course, but maybe like Wagner in the Super Bowl where he can force a turnover with his coverage. If he can't go, they have no answer for Gronk.

Lee was diagnosed with a concussion and has a previous history of brain injuries, so it's hard to imagine he'll be able to play next weekend. What a terrible string of injuries that guy has dealt with.

wasn't jerry jones giddy when brady was suspened? now he doesn't even have his own qb for this game. i say we hang 50 points on them

Last edited:
Watching the game last night, the difference between Brees and Weeden was monstrous. While Weeden is a fundamentally sound QB, he just doesn't have the bag of tricks or situational awareness that Brees does. In OT Brees sent Ingram on a wheel route, first thing, knowing the guy responsible was a rookie and would likely lose Ingram in open space.

That is a trick that savvy veterans like Brees and Brady would have- recognize a mismatch early in the game and tuck that ace up your sleeve for the right moment.

I believe we are going to continually hit him with shifting coverage and that will freeze him so we can collapse the pocket on him. Cowboys have been hiding him behind conservative checkdowns but I think that is a big mistake because if that is schemed away (as you know Belichick will), you take away his ability to adapt or their ability to adjust away from what isn't working, as far as gameplanning. You just cannot play the Patriots with an one-dimensional gameplan.

If we play a solid 60 minute game that is fundamentally sound, there is no question of a victory.

Any thoughts? Match ups you are curious about?

I think Greg Hardy could be a pain for sure.

If you listened to Michaels and The Moron last night there is no reason for Dallas not to be the NFC champs. (except they couldn't beat a really depleted Saints team) Who Dat Jerryy!

He had a good game against us last time we played him

That was two seasons ago when he was in prime-game shape. This will be Hardy's first game since Sept 7th 2014.

There are much better teams to run up the score on than Dallas. Unlike so many other teams out there, far as I know they haven't done anything to earn the enmity or wrath of Pats or Pats fans.... I'm just wishing for a solid injury free game on both sides resulting in the usual outcome.

They're Jerry Jones' Cowboys, that's reason enough.

If you listened to Michaels and The Moron last night there is no reason for Dallas not to be the NFC champs. (except they couldn't beat a really depleted Saints team) Who Dat Jerryy!

I'll say this much: there's still no reason for Dallas not to be the NFCE champs. That division is totally up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes