We're On to Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradyking12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
belichick.png

Sound familiar :D

I don't know what to expect from the bengals in this game. Can they play any worse then they did in dallas? I know they will be a desperate team.
When have the Bengals faced pressure and won a big game? They came back from a 3-5 start a few years back to make the playoffs and then got their butts kicked in tne playoffs but, that's it...

When have the Bengals faced pressure and won a big game? They came back from a 3-5 start a few years back to make the playoffs and then got their butts kicked in tne playoffs but, that's it...

So you saying they won't play any better? Cannot overlook them. Sooner or later they will win a big game.

Close game in Dallas would be better for the Pats.
And Eifert is coming back.
Good test before the first key games.

Quick post before bed.

This is a must win for the Bengals now and they know it. If they go 2-4 they will have a hard time making the playoffs.

Offense

They need their TE back for this game cause they have little behind AJ Green as of now. Lafell is their #2 option and that is not good enough.

Their RBs have not produced and if not for a 50 yard run by Hill both be around 3 YPA.

A lot of OL troubles have caused the above 3 things to be true. Not a good unit in any phase be it run or pass blocking.

All that being said they have a few good weapons with AJ and Eifert if he comes back so can not be taken too lightly.

On defense the unit has under preformed a bit.

Their pressure comes from mostly Dunlap/Clark/Atkins and besides those guys the D isn't all that good. They are not weak but just not a ton of star power behind it. Their DBs and LBs though okay don't carry games really. Kirkpatrick is interesting as he is a big CB and i am curious what he can do vs a TE but we will see.

Overall a solid team but if no Eifert I am not worried about their offense cause BB will just take away Green and dare them to win somewhere else. On offense if the OL shows up i think we can move the ball on them pretty consistently.

Last edited:
We'll score on CIN. How much damage we limit from Green, Bernard and especially Eifert will be the difference between a comfortable game vs a close game.

Don't forget that psychopath Burfict.

Never forget about him. He actually held up today on a hit he could have put on a Cowboys player.

Still, he scares the hell out of me.

Any chance this game gets flexed out? I'm travelling down from Canada (eh?) with some friends for the game.

Just perusing around the bengals board and found this gem. Gave me a good laugh! :)

Marlon23 said:
Ok, So I was getting some lunch, and I look over and there is Marvin. Looked tired so I wasn't even going to speak but I did.. I asked him how he was and he said Good. I was like ok.. Then I said this is a disappointing season so far... he was like we will get it together. Then something came over me, and I said why don't you just quit? I think it would be best for the Team and Cincinnati. With the talent we have had in this organization in the past 10 years and we still can't get it done the fault is on you guys, the coaching staff. He looked shocked. I then took a bite of my sandwich (Tuna on Rye) I might add, and he looked at me and Said this is my final season as Head Coach. I said No way! He said this is my last year. I then took a drink of my coke and said, I am sorry. He then looked like a defeated man. I felt horrible. He said I have done all I can, and I can't do much more with what the organization allows me to do. I couldn't believe it. Here he is pouring out his inner most feelings to a man eating Tuna on Rye. I looked over and seen some lady with him almost in tears. I felt horrible, So I said Good luck with the rest of the season, and asked him, are you going to eat the rest of your fries?

Ran Into Marvin

Quick post before bed.

This is a must win for the Bengals now and they know it. If they go 2-4 they will have a hard time making the playoffs.

Offense

They need their TE back for this game cause they have little behind AJ Green as of now. Lafell is their #2 option and that is not good enough.

Their RBs have not produced and if not for a 50 yard run by Hill both be around 3 YPA.

A lot of OL troubles have caused the above 3 things to be true. Not a good unit in any phase be it run or pass blocking.

All that being said they have a few good weapons with AJ and Eifert if he comes back so can not be taken too lightly.

On defense the unit has under preformed a bit.

Their pressure comes from mostly Dunlap/Clark/Atkins and besides those guys the D isn't all that good. They are not weak but just not a ton of star power behind it. Their DBs and LBs though okay don't carry games really. Kirkpatrick is interesting as he is a big CB and i am curious what he can do vs a TE but we will see.

Overall a solid team but if no Eifert I am not worried about their offense cause BB will just take away Green and dare them to win somewhere else. On offense if the OL shows up i think we can move on them.
You forgot to add that the Bengals are coached by Marvin Lewis, now in his 14th season and who is the longest tenured NFL coach after BB, yet has NEVER won a playoff game.

Here's a nice follow up post by another bengals fan.

GodFather said:
Oh my god! I was there today also!

So I saw you leave (didn't know it was you until I read this) and I went up to Marvin and said "Hey man that was really nice of you to let that homeless person eat your fries" Marvin giggled and replied, "He's always standing outside the stadium with a sign saying "Homeless and hungry...God Bless" but the funny thing he's always on his iPhone, who the hell is homeless with an iPhone!"

I started laughing and replied, "If you were that attentive in Dallas it might have ended differently" We both just stared at one another afterwards for what seemed like forever and then just broke out laughing and he waved his finger at me and just said, "Ahhh you...you..."

At this point I felt comfortable and said, "What is with this **** and you quitting after this season? I don't buy it for a second" He just giggled again and said "Of course Im not quitting, Mike is drawing up another extension as we speak. I just said it to the homeless guy so he wouldn't want a sip of my gatorade"

I replied, "That Gatorade is the closest you'll ever come to a championship" He started giggling again and just looked at me serious in the face and said, "But I have a job for as long as I want and I don't plan on going anywhere for years to come! Now go get that homeless guy to clean the windows in my car for me."

He then giggled and started drinking his championship bottle of Gatorade......

Ran Into Marvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back