PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're getting Moss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
All but done according to ESPN

Yes, Not a bad deal for a 4th round pick. It is a good risk for that pick. It opens the offense. I never thought it would happen. Super Bowl here we come!!!

So, before Day 2 even begins, the Pats got Meriweather, Moss, a mid-to-high 1st rdr in 2008, and a high 3rd rdr in '08. I'll take it!:rocker:

So, before Day 2 even begins, the Pats got Meriweather, Moss, a mid-to-high 1st rdr in 2008, and a high 3rd rdr in '08. I'll take it!:rocker:

And Wes Welker.

We'll see how much Moss likes Rodney kicking his ass in the pre-season. We'll also see how much he likes getting four receptions a game. Color me skeptical, but I'm sure this is a Corey Dillon one-strike-and-you're-cut contract re-negotiation. Jesus, we've gone from Caldwell, Gabriel, and Brown to Moss, Stallworth, and Welker in eight months' time. That's some ridiculous upgrading.

And Wes Welker.

We'll see how much Moss likes Rodney kicking his ass in the pre-season. We'll also see how much he likes getting four receptions a game. Color me skeptical, but I'm sure this is a Corey Dillon one-strike-and-you're-cut contract re-negotiation. Jesus, we've gone from Caldwell, Gabriel, and Brown to Moss, Stallworth, and Welker in eight months' time. That's some ridiculous upgrading.

I agree with your skepticism. But this is one of those "Rejoice, Rejoice, We have no choice" situations.

And Wes Welker.

Well, that was the first move the Pats made to get me cussing. I wanted that 110th pick.

Well, that was the first move the Pats made to get me cussing. I wanted that 110th pick.

Come on now, that's a little bit silly.
Who at pick 110 could even come close to Randy Moss' talent level?
The Pats offense is gonna be a juggernaut. I love the potential. Can't wait to see these guys get into camp and start to develop the timing and chemistry with Brady.

Once the Pats target a position for upgrading, they don't go halfway, they go whole hog. This confirms my suspicion last year that they wanted to upgrade the WR corps. And boy have they done a GREAT job!! Wow.

Why isn't this in the regular forum? This is throwing me off.

By the way, getting Randy Moss is crazy in a good way.
And as to his behavior problems:

Schefter also says that the Pats are putting Moss on notice that he will be cut if he repeats any of his past problems, which have included incidents like squirting an official with a water bottle, knocking down a traffic cop with his car, and berating a bus load of team boosters.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Last edited:
Moss is good and all that, but I really wanted them to draft Zak DeOssie. Pity...

Randy Moss is talented, big whoop. The details as reported by Schefter indicate the Pats have made it clear he is in New England on sufferance due to his turd-like behavior in the past. We never heard that before Cory Dillon came onboard, for all the hair pulling when that news came out.

I'd have preferred to use that early 4th to land one of those young LBs who are now all off the board. 127 would have been good value for a pick used to bail Al Davis out of a jam. Tell me you would have selected Kareem Brown over Zak DeOssie with all the tears over the Pats' Linebacker corps? Moss is here, he gets conditional acceptance, but I'm disappointed with a deal that reduced the chance of adding one of the LBs I ranked in the fourth round.

Come on now, that's a little bit silly.
Who at pick 110 could even come close to Randy Moss' talent level?
The Pats offense is gonna be a juggernaut. I love the potential. Can't wait to see these guys get into camp and start to develop the timing and chemistry with Brady.

Once the Pats target a position for upgrading, they don't go halfway, they go whole hog. This confirms my suspicion last year that they wanted to upgrade the WR corps. And boy have they done a GREAT job!! Wow.

Randy Moss is talented, big whoop. The details as reported by Schefter indicate the Pats have made it clear he is in New England on sufferance due to his turd-like behavior in the past. We never heard that before Cory Dillon came onboard, for all the hair pulling when that news came out.

Point of information, that's exactly how Corey Dillon came aboard. In fact, Belichick made him sign a contract with little or no S/B so that he could be cut at the first sign on problem.

Point of information, that's exactly how Corey Dillon came aboard. In fact, Belichick made him sign a contract with little or no S/B so that he could be cut at the first sign on problem.
My rotten memory then, I certainly don't remember Dillon being told he was one misstep away from being cut, but I'll take your word for it. I still reserve the right to be "silly" and dislike a player despite his awsome talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes