PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're dooooooomed!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very similar to the Browns game last year...we ended up playing ok after that...

That's true.

I thought last year sucked though... remember how it ended?

Not doomed. Just improve the defense and games like this will be won, no matter how many times the offense turns the ball over. That is the problem though - when is the improvement coming and from where? This defense hid behind a near pefect 16 game performance from their QB last year. They're just not that talented. 35 points or bust is going to have to be the motto for Brady right now, which unfortunately is going to lead to some more stastically ugly (if still productive) games because he has to outscore his defense at this point. Colts 2.0 :bricks:

I give Buffalo credit but we were just way too careless. Couple penalties destroyed drives/took away a pick and gave them first and goal... the picks were pretty careless and fluky as well on some.

It kind of reminds me of the loss to Miami in '04 we deserved to lose it but should've won easily if we just didn't get so carefree with a double digit lead. Hopefully it lights a fire under the team like it did then.

I understand the idea of having a calm and reserved approach to the evaluation of the game, but let me ask you this...

At what point do you buy into the hysteria that has turned out to be right for the past few years?

When the Pats defense has be unable to stop teams going back 4 years, and people said, we can't win in the playoffs if we can't stop anyone on defense... When do YOU get upset that nothing has been done to shore up the largest weakness this team has had for 3 years?

I'm fine with the loss, it's just one game... But this is volume 4 on the "Can't Rush the QB" Series of the Patriots modern history...

I for one am frustrated about that.

When it's Week 13 and the Pats are fighting for a playoff spot and seem to have no hope in the playoffs, I will begin to panic. But it's Week 3. The team lost on the road to a high energy team mostly due to penalties, bad luck, poor decision making, and a once-in-a-season poor effort from TFB. The sky is not falling in Foxborough, only in Fenway Park.

Alright. Our defense needs to improve a lot. Well our pass defense does. Mccourty needs to be mcshut em down! We have a talented group but we can't rely just on passing. Look at our rushing stats. Its Nowhere where it should be. What happened to runningbacks by committee. 85 is a failure by the way. Look at all our other receivers. They're on fire. 85 has no idea what's going on. I say give his contract to moss. He knows our system. Even when he first came on he was on fire. 85 is playing like as if he were Brandon Tate. He sucks major culo

I agree with Andrew. We basically Beat ourselves. I mean look at that 37 yard catch by gronk. It was taken away cuz of solder then we punted. We must learn n improve because we can't lose division games.

Bad offense, bad defense, bad execution, and bad situational football. I'm amazed we only lost by 3 when you consider all those factors. Do I think this team is doomed? Naah, too much talent on offense not to at least have a shot in every game to win a shootout.

But really the defense needs to step up more. The offense has to play at a godly level to even stand a chance to win and that can't continue. Even though we lost the game and were sloppy with the ball, the offense still put up 31. No other team not named the Patriots even averaged 31 points a game in 2010.

Bad offense, bad defense, bad execution, and bad situational football. I'm amazed we only lost by 3 when you consider all those factors. Do I think this team is doomed? Naah, too much talent on offense not to at least have a shot in every game to win a shootout.

But really the defense needs to step up more. The offense has to play at a godly level to even stand a chance to win and that can't continue. Even though we lost the game and were sloppy with the ball, the offense still put up 31. No other team not named the Patriots even averaged 31 points a game in 2010.

Those statements cannot both be true.

Last edited:
When it's Week 13 and the Pats are fighting for a playoff spot and seem to have no hope in the playoffs, I will begin to panic. But it's Week 3. The team lost on the road to a high energy team mostly due to penalties, bad luck, poor decision making, and a once-in-a-season poor effort from TFB. The sky is not falling in Foxborough, only in Fenway Park.

This is the problem though - what happens when it is Week 19 (a.k.a. the playoffs) and the problems that were readily apparent going into this season are still not fixed? Is it completely lost on everybody that Roethlisberger had a worse game against the Jets than Brady did, but his team still won? This defense cannot win games for the team. Despite all of the horrible plays today, they still had a chance to do so at the end of this game and they did not. You're just seeing what is wrong with this team get illustrated now rather than waiting for the divisional playoffs for it to happen. Brady can and will put up a ton of points (he hasn't failed to yet so far this season) but your playoff run is doomed if you cannot win defensive slugfests. The first game where the "only" score 20 points is going to be a two TD loss because of how pitiful the defense is.

Let me repeat what happened to us today, which is the polar opposite of the championship years.

Late in the 4th Quarter, Tom Brady orchestrated a game tie-ing drive. Within 3 plays after our clutch QB did what he does best, our defense was faced with 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line.

This is not the first time it's happened, it certainly won't be the last, and for over the past 3 to 4 years, it's been the same story. Yet some on here expect things to get better when the MO is that it wont when it counts. The Defense is pathetic, and can't play clutch, period. There is no Pass Rush, there is no shut down corner, there is no leadership.

We may not be doomed but there are some problems. Our defense is bad. Period. They're bad. They're unorganized, they give up big plays and no opponent seems to fear them. Our secondary is very bad and probably won't improve greatly, there is average talent at best. Why is the rookie year for cornerbacks their best year? We've had a bunch of backs who appeared to have potential but almost invariably they've regressed. The front 7 will improve as they get used to playing together but they won't dominate. Too old.
The offense may be okay; there's a lot of talent but all you need to know is that we have BJGE, Woodhead, Vereen and Ridley active and who's at running back? Edelman. I like Edelman he seems to be a "Patriot" but he's not a running back and whoever thought up that cute little twist needs to have his head examined.
Bruschi was right and Brady was wrong; Ocho doesn't get it. He must catch those passes....he's not a Bengal anymore. I thought the offense looked very much out of synch too and seemed to lack the will to win. Branch not targeted at all???? This team has overcome a lot more adversity than went their way today but there was no fire beyond Welker and Gronk. I expect that of other teams but not the Pats.
Even so, we still could have won but this is one of the few games where the officiating was so bad that it ultimately cost us the game. The bad calls went both ways but the roughing the passer and the PI in the endzone were as bogus as we're likely to see this year and they weren't the only ones.
This team has it's work cut out for it. Offensively we're well above average, defensively we're the worst in the league. If the offense can play mistake free and the defense can just find a way not to give up big plays on 3rd down we might not be doomed. They have to want to win and they didn't show it today.

Nice thread

Thanks....... I figured I'd start it since no one else had. personally, I'm not worried. Not yet. Lots of flukey things happened in this game that you likely won't see for another year. Except, perhaps, the terrible officiating, but I digress. :D

Well lets see-- We ***** and complain yet where are we going to be next week-that's right in front or the tv watchin this team. Bye Buffalo hello Oakland.

By the way for all you fair weather fans out there the bus stops at the next corner so you can jump off.

Relax people this was one game-New England played ****ty and Buffalo won by 3 points. :itsok:

The Pats should give up on the season. If you lose a road game in September, you might as well start to get ready for next year. In fact, Welker had a great game so let's trade him this week while his status is so good. Remember...sell high!

Well lets see-- We ***** and complain yet where are we going to be next week-that's right in front or the tv watchin this team. Bye Buffalo hello Oakland.

By the way for all you fair weather fans out there the bus stops at the next corner so you can jump off.

Relax people this was one game-New England played ****ty and Buffalo won by 3 points. :itsok:

Uh hu. Good luck getting them to calm down. I remember back in 06 when posters were screaming Brady was washed up and they needed to find a new QB. Of course now they look as wrong and as stupid as they were. I swear, some fans must enjoy acting like idiots.

Buffalo won't even be there in the end..it will still be Jets/Pats for division..that Jets game is going to be huge

This is the problem though - what happens when it is Week 19 (a.k.a. the playoffs) and the problems that were readily apparent going into this season are still not fixed? Is it completely lost on everybody that Roethlisberger had a worse game against the Jets than Brady did, but his team still won? This defense cannot win games for the team. Despite all of the horrible plays today, they still had a chance to do so at the end of this game and they did not. You're just seeing what is wrong with this team get illustrated now rather than waiting for the divisional playoffs for it to happen. Brady can and will put up a ton of points (he hasn't failed to yet so far this season) but your playoff run is doomed if you cannot win defensive slugfests. The first game where the "only" score 20 points is going to be a two TD loss because of how pitiful the defense is.

I'm still holding out that this team (defense) can get much better by Week 13. It's only week 3. Only the worthless teams can better in training camp alone. The Patriots in 2001 got significantly better every single week. I'm hoping for the same thing this season.

Lots of new players of defense. Lots of scheme changes. Things take time to gel. Chill~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back